• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Guice to me is a potential headache to deal with while Ronald Jones ran a 4.65.

Since we already have Chris Thompson to catch the ball out of the backfield and crease defenses as a draw option on passing downs with 4.39 speed, I would rather have Kerryon Johnson as a counter-balance and complement.

Gotta admit, I only watched one game of his. Can't even remember which one. But I liked him right away.
Obviously his, and every other RB's highlight reel is impressive. He kinda looks like a Kelvin Bryant kind of runner.

Anyway, it's a gut feeling.

Kerryon Johnson, come on down!

I have a desire for Ronald Jones,, i like his breakaway speed from between the tackles.. seems like a game-changing back who can carry a moderate workload.

Loved the pick of Payne and thanks for all these mocks... i've been lurkin' :cool4:

~Bang

Jones timed 4.65 in the 40 per his pre-draft bio.

I don't know that his playmaking ability translates to the NFL level.

Jones has hamstring problems late 3rd rounder

I think Guice and Chubb will be off the board when the Redskins pick in Round 2.

Kerryon Johnson and Jones will still be there. The former to me fits in better with what we are trying to do on offense in re addressing the running game.

Look for a CB or Guard with or second pick

I got no problem going guard.

Then trade back into the 2nd and grab Kerryon Johnson too. Not sure he'll make it to the 3rd.

Albert Breer is reporting that the Chiefs are looking to trade up and tried to last night with the Eagles and couldn't make the deal.

Maybe a chance to trade down with them in the second(they have pick 22 in round 2)?

While I know the Skins probably wouldn't even think about Shaquem Griffin in the 2nd round, it's probably a pipe dream to think he might last until their pick in the 4th. I saw 5 UCF games this past season and the kid is amazing. Forget the one hand thing. He would more than fill Sua Cravens' spot and you'd never have to worry about his desire. He ran a 4.38 at the Combine and could be a poor man's Von Miller as a situational pass rusher. Yeah, I'm a fan.

I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two. Two for two. And I kept the option open of a third round trade by listing third round possibilities over the last couple weeks.

This is my best year for mocking thus far. Still early in the game though.

Not sure how to feel about the Beetleguice pick. I still think the majority of issues with our running game are Jay & lack of LG.

Fingers crossed we get that mauler here. Though I see us going secondary.

I don't agree with the run assessment.

The fact remains as Cooley and Doc Walker have emphasized that Washington in 2017 had the worst set of blocking WRs and TEs in the NFL.

These guys don't block on the outside and defenders are able to catch up to plays side to side and prevent the cutbacks because they are not even checked for a second or two by our skill players on the outside.

Jordan Reed doesn't block. Vernon Davis will block, he is just not that effective. Last year, Jeremy Sprinkle was a rookie and raw. He didn't see much time on the field.

I really expected the Redskins to sign a veteran blocking TE in free agency to get them over the hump in the run game and specifically in short yardage and goal line.

But we haven't added anyone and we haven't taken anyone in the draft either to this point.

At wide receiver, we have smurfs in Paul Richardson and Jamison Crowder that are not going to be helpers in the run game the way that Pierre Garcon was in the past.

Josh Doctson has the size and athleticism to be a contributor here, but he seems challenged to get on the field, learn the plays and what routes he is supposed to run and then hold onto the damn ball.

IMO we are seeing some signs that Doctson may in fact be a bust as a top choice. Unless a light bulb goes on this year I think you look at Josh as a player that will stick in the NFL for some time due to his athleticism and speed but will never be more than a complementary receiver.

But back to blocking. So, we now go to the depth receivers - Brian Quick, Robert Davis, Maurice Harris, etc.

These are all bigger, stronger players than our top 3 but whether they are going to ascend to being regular contributors is a big question mark. Are any of them capable blockers?

Until the 5 offensive linemen get some help from the backs, TEs and WRs you are going to see that one defender who gets to the ballcarrier before he can gain momentum or make his cut.

All these guys have to do is get in front of someone for 1-2 seconds and slow them up a BIT and that can be enough.

But so far it has been TOO MUCH for this group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.