• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

I know mocks change all the time but as of now I put what a few sites think the skins will do in the 1st round

Bleacher Report....Derwin James, S, Florida State
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-round-predictions-for-top-prospects.amp.html

CBS...Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...giants-cardinals-trade-up-for-josh-rosen/amp/

USA Today...Derwin James, S, Florida St
https://www.google.com/amp/s/draftw...-nfl-mock-draft-full-7-round-projections/amp/

NFL.com via skins.com...Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama
http://m.redskins.com/news/article-...Redskins/ab68f9a4-f508-4c2b-92be-b668512bb9f3

Breaking Football...Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
***side note for BB-rd 2 Lauletta, QB, Richmond***
http://breakingfootball.com/2018-nfl-draft-washington-redskins-7-round-mock-draft-with-analysis/

Edit: The Lamp is off!

Walter Football...Da'ron Payne, DT, Alabama
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

Pretty much all over the place other than the majority point towards defense in some capacity.

Last edited:
FYI - Forrest Lamp was taken in the 2017 draft and plays for the San Diego (I know!) Chargers.

I say we draft him again.

Can we seek trades via this forum and a Chargers forum? You know both teams would certainly approve of such a move. The NFL - not so much.

I'm thinking Ax for ChargersDude and a member to be named later.

Yeah but then Henry would be all like, “ it goes against the spirit of forum trading” or something. Next thing ya know we'd be docked new thread creation & like counts for a season.

Can we seek trades via this forum and a Chargers forum? You know both teams would certainly approve of such a move. The NFL - not so much.

No way.

@Ax is my DeAngelo Hall. Sure - he's slow and brittle, but he's got leadership and personality galore.

Redskin for life.

Last edited:

I'm crushed that you would give me up so cheap.

Crushed.

Hey, we would be getting two of their members.

Eh, Boone nixed the trade anyway. Thinking you will get a transition tag.

I think we need badges, except we don't need no stinking badges

No free agency update or prospects update this week. New mock coming on Friday.

Well, George Allen did once trade a draft pick he in fact didn't have :laugh:

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 offseason and there are some changes. The combine arrives in less than two weeks and the Redskins will be evaluating more prospects. BBQ will cover the combine with periodic updates.

We hope you enjoyed the guest mock earlier in the week. It was nice of Nathan Britton to share some of his thoughts with us and give more insights from another perspective. We will have another mock next week from a surprise guest.

Free agency is inching closer and the 2018 offseason is now gaining some steam. The format for the mocks this offseason will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mocks of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back (?)
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike Safety (?)

Round One: Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/SS/FS, Alabama
Last year a special player from Alabama magically dropped to the Redskins in round one. Could it happen again? Fitzpatrick is very special and if he drops, then the team should be sprinting to the podium.
Other Possible Targets:
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio St.
Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech

Round Two: Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
The powerful left guard fills a major need as Hernandez could be a mainstay for a dozen years or more.
Other Possible Targets:
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Round Four: Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Pettis could go a round higher, but he would be a good value pick here. Good receiving skills, but is also a superb kick returner.
Other Possible Targets:
Justin Jones, DT, North Carolina St.
Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St.
Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB/ST, Jacksonville St.
A versatile defensive back who could likely step in at the corner slot position immediately.
Other Possible Targets:
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa St.
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.

Round Six: Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
A bigger/taller prospect that would have the luxury of learning behind a seasoned veteran. Long term starter potential.
Other Possible Targets:
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia
Poona Ford, DT, Texas

Round Seven: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Coming from a lesser known program and conference, Wieneke actually has excellent skills and is an underrated prospect.
Other Possible Targets:
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah
Brendan Mahon, G/OT, Penn St.
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Cam Phillips, WR, Virginia Tech
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington

Round Seven: Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
A late round prospect who was a defensive tackle for the Huskies, but could also see time at end on the next level.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee

There is the latest mock of the 2018 offseason. We will have another guest mock early next week and return with a mock of our own late next week. The draft will be here before you know it, but we have many mocks in the weeks and months ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

The Redskins clear weakness against fellow NFC East contenders Philly and Dallas (I am omitting the 3-13 Giants for now) is up front.

Dallas runs the ball on the Redskins at will each and every time out regardless of the running back they are utilizing. The Redskins simply don't get enough pressure on Carson Wentz to force him into making mistakes.

Since the team has addressed quarterback via trade and that pretty much takes QB off the priority list for Round 1 of the 2018 draft, we HAVE to look at the front seven on defense as a major area to address.

Taking a cornerback first overall to me would be a mistake unless that player is someone like Allen was in 2017, a top 5-6 talent that dropped and presents excellent value.

One of the issues is that the Redskins really can't look to free agency in 2018 for significant help on the DL as we blew some significant cap dollars going forward on contracts for two average players in Stacy McGhee and Terrell McClain.

So, we need good and cheap up front. Players to add to the Allen/Ioannidis/Lanier group to propel the defense forward a little faster and provide the kind of depth where we can sustain an injury or two and not end up compromised for the entire season.

While Ronald Darby and Patrick Robinson played well for the Eagles in 2017, the key to their defense was their front.

Cox, Graham, Barnett, Jernigan, etc. got pressure on the quarterback without blitzing and were able to turn over offenses, including the Vikings in that key sequence in their playoff game.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing us pick up a veteran cornerback for depth in 2018 assuming Breeland leaves in free agency, but when you give Josh Norman a contract as one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL at cornerback, you have to be able to find a corner on the other side that you can run out there at reasonable cost (whether in terms of salary or draft position).

The Eagles built their defense the right way, from the inside out committing the most to the defensive line in terms of picks and dollars.

Ok, I just saw a mock suggesting we take Derwin James...umm, yes please. I don't care what other needs we have, he's a game changer. Hard to believe he would fall to 13.

Although, I would not know what to do if he and Payne made it to us.

If either Payne or Vea is there and we pass on them for the "flash" position of safety or corner....there really is no hope for this franchise.

Always building a defense ass backwards never works. See the last 20 years.

Corner? Yeah I'd call that a flash position. Especially early on, in most cases.

But an impact safety can be a tremendous boost to any defense.

Our weakness on defense is up the middle. Dline, ILB, another safety to go with DJ.
Strengthening the core, anywhere, is a good thing.

So, while I mostly agree with you, DP, about wanting Payne or Vea first, I won't be too upset if any of the "up the middle" positions are filled with a stud with our first pick.

In a perfect world, a coveted QB will be available at 13. Allowing us to trade back, still get a stud, AND an extra pick or two.

Corner? Yeah I'd call that a flash position. Especially early on, in most cases.

But an impact safety can be a tremendous boost to any defense.

Our weakness on defense is up the middle. Dline, ILB, another safety to go with DJ.
Strengthening the core, anywhere, is a good thing.

So, while I mostly agree with you, DP, about wanting Payne or Vea first, I won't be too upset if any of the "up the middle" positions are filled with a stud with our first pick.

In a perfect world, a coveted QB will be available at 13. Allowing us to trade back, still get a stud, AND an extra pick or two.

I hear you Ax.

I'm just so tired of watching basically.anybody that wants to, run on us at will, with little resistance.

Hopefully, they do the right thing and draft a difference maker that compliments Allen and Ioannidis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.