• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Gruden also said there's a chance Marshall goes to IR.
Damn, last year it was OL. This year it's the RB's. And we're only halfway thru the preseason.

From ticker banners it looks like RBs have been dropping injury wise regularly this preseason.

He better be careful where he steps on San Fran sidewalks!

edit: oops, forgot to quote Fear the Spear.

I just watched some of AP's play from last year.
And count me in on the AP train. I choose him over the others auditioning.
He still has "it".
Okay, maybe not "it", but at least the letter "t" leftover from that word, which is more than what we have right now at RB

Twitterverse rumor is that Darkwa won't sign with a team unless he's the starter or can compete for the job. That doesn't sound possible in D.C. Just a rumor though, but they didn't sign him so it's either something like that, they weren't impressed, or he's got unrealistic salary expectations.

Think this touches on my thoughts. Most of the Vets we're bringing in will want either a) Cash and/or b) playing time as Starter.

With Kelley and Bibbs still upright, Thompson looking to be back, Perine hopefully only a week or so away from being back on the field, it's only Marshall who is the big question mark.

This is just a due diligence exercise just in case something happens to any of our RB's in the remaining Pre-season games or if we need extra bodies for those games. And I can't see any of the guys listed as being the types of players who'll come in just to take some pre-season snaps to keep our other RB's healthy.

I don't think we sign anyone unless we get another significant injury or two.

And.... if we did sign one...

Then I'd rather not have Peterson. I think he's done. He had a couple of good games last year, but on the whole he was pretty ordinary and now is a year older. Stick a fork in him.

If Darkwa does want cash and a starting role then I don't think he's going to get it here.

I'd possible look to see if Charles has some gas left at least as someone who might take a backup role and spell our other RB's. He has played with Smith before too, so that could be a good thing.

To hear Gruden say it today, they are doing due diligence in case one of the short-term injuries turns into a long-term injury. Didn't sound like they were definitely going to sign anyone. That could be another explanation for no Darka signing today. It sounded like if they weren't going to have Perine and/or Marshall back by the opener, that they'd definitely be forced to pick someone up.

Doh! Sorry for basically reiterating this point. LOL

I really should learn to read complete threads before kicking in with my comments. :)

But yeah, what Boone said! :D

Darkwa is a fool.

Nobody without a team this late into the offseason is simply going to stroll into team HQ and demand a starting job with a multi-year deal.

Even a guy with Dez Bryant's resume of past success has been waiting 3 months for someone to sign him.

Darkwa has NONE of the pro bowl appearances or past successes that Bryant enjoyed.

Just like most free agent backs, he has to come in an compete for a job.

As stated earlier, I think we need to bring in a veteran back because Kelley, Perine, etc. are all young players and even if there were no injuries we don't really have anyone who has been through the 'wars' to depend upon in crunch time.

I still trust Adrian Peterson to get the tough yard or two if it means winning or losing a football game.

There is some merit however to Doc Walker's point made this morning. His opinion is there will be ONE young running back that is cut in the rush to fill out 53 man rosters that will end up being a 800-1,000 yard rusher in the NFL.

A smart team will find that player and be the richer for it. He thought Kyle Smith and Doug Williams should be smart enough to identify that player.

So, in his mind the 'solution' to the depth problem will be right in front of us in a couple of weeks.

There is some merit however to Doc Walker's point made this morning. His opinion is there will be ONE young running back that is cut in the rush to fill out 53 man rosters that will end up being a 800-1,000 yard rusher in the NFL.

A smart team will find that player and be the richer for it. He thought Kyle Smith and Doug Williams should be smart enough to identify that player.

So, in his mind the 'solution' to the depth problem will be right in front of us in a couple of weeks.

And that may be why Gruden keeps basically saying "we're gonna go with what we have" and everyone thinks he's crazy.
He probably doesn't want to show his hand that he wants to scoop up someone else's cut.
You want him to say "Yea we're waiting for Team X to cut Player B, in the final cuts so we can sign him." ???
But Team X hears that comment and then they probably find a way to squeeze him on their roster, because their plan was to stash him on their PS, because of course they don't want the Skins stealing him.

Could be.
Come to find out, he texted Trent Williams because they're friends, after the Guice injury, to tell Trent that he's "healthy and ready to go".
So, I believe he may be wearing the attire because AP wants to be here.

Add AP to the roster. (Too many sources to list.)

ESPN reporting AP to Skins on a 1 year deal.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.