• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Here is what I think will happen...

AP will be released just prior to game one of the regular season and be re-signed just after game one. This allows for his contract to void and not be fully guaranteed (If he is on the opening day roster, then his contract is guaranteed).

Byron Marshall will go to IR with a designation to return. Once he returns, Peterson is probably going to be released. However, if AP is playing very well, then this changes everything. Marshall could end up on IR for the season under that scenario.

And...

I am back from vacation. Good to see all of you again.

Other moves are detailed in this article.

For the vet minimum cutting Peterson and resigning him for Week 2 makes little sense.

Peterson is going to get limited snaps with the first team OL or Smith in Games 3 and 4 so in my mind he will make and stay on the roster unless he really disappoints during practice re acceleration and ability to cut.

Don't forget there will be additional injuries over the next couple of weeks at RB and there is no guarantee if Peterson shows well that he necessarily will return here.

I don't share the optimism in re Perine.

He is undersized, lacks acceleration and good vision to set up blocks.

He plays more like a UDFA rather than a fourth round pick.

He is undersized...

I understand your concerns with Perine, but you keep making this claim when he is the same exact size as Guice. Kid is listed as 5' 11" and 225 lbs. In videos of him next to Guice, they look almost identical in size.

That is a solid RB in this league today.

No issues with the signing, given the contract and injury situation. The coaches will know by the opener what the old man has to offer, and proceed accordingly.

It's all speculation for us at this point, given we haven't seen the man on the field, but as of today my guess is he'll be on the roster, and they'll look to get him 10-12 carries a week depending on how each game goes. .That would be with an eye toward having him effective later in the season,

Yes, other teams will assume it's a run when he comes on the field, but we'll know that too, and be able to try to take advantage of any "stacking" defenses try to do. The chess game and all that. Having a vet QB who knows how to audible, and more importantly how to get the ball out on time and in rhythm, will help.

Sucks about Guice. Sucks that Perine is hobbled temporarily. Doesn't suck that the team has reacted accordingly and taken steps to mitigate the situation. As they will have to do again, should they see in the next couple of weeks Petersen is now just a guy.

As far as them knowing it's a rush play if Peterson's in the game, it works both ways. That sets up a perfect decoy situation. And 14% of Peterson's NFL career touches were pass plays so it's not beyond reason that they'll throw at him just like they appear to be determined to do with Perine and Kelley.

As far as them knowing it's a rush play if Peterson's in the game, it works both ways. That sets up a perfect decoy situation. And 14% of Peterson's NFL career touches were pass plays so it's not beyond reason that they'll throw at him just like they appear to be determined to do with Perine and Kelley.

Not to mention, he knows how to block.

So if Peterson is playing great when Perine becomes healthy, I wonder if that creates a numbers game or dilemma in the room.

It goes to single elimination roshambo round to decide, Highlander style

There can be only one!

At minimum AP elevates awareness by the defense. Smith's playaction should be on expert level by midseson.

I honestly believe we could run a damn fine no-huddle scheme.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.