• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

The podcast has posted - as promised. We discussed my latest roster prediction at Riggo's Rag and a few other things. Ian, Nathan, Jacob and I had a lot to discuss. After the podcast, we had a longer discussion about the team and all the dynamics of preseason - that wasn't recorded. Got thirty minutes to spare? Go give it a listen.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/08/14/redskins-riggos-rag-podcast-roster-projection-no-2/

Training camp 2018 is now in the history books. Early in the morning, I will post some remaining tweets from the final day of camp. The Redskins have a day off tomorrow (maybe a walkthrough) and then a game on Thursday night.

Practices for this preseason will now take place at Redskins Park. Less than a month to go until the regular season begins.

From what I have seen Perine doesn't have the quickness or vision to be successful in the NFL.

I think Byron Marshall deserves more of a chance as he is a dual threat runner/receiver.

He has some injury concerns but so do all of the other backs.

The podcast has posted - as promised. We discussed my latest roster prediction at Riggo's Rag and a few other things. Ian, Nathan, Jacob and I had a lot to discuss. After the podcast, we had a longer discussion about the team and all the dynamics of preseason - that wasn't recorded. Got thirty minutes to spare? Go give it a listen.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/08/14/redskins-riggos-rag-podcast-roster-projection-no-2/

I listened to the whole thing. Very good analysis.
I was just a little surprised there was no mention of how Spaight moved past Vigil back onto the roster on the projection.

Last edited:

@Burgundy Burner - feel free to start a new thread with a content teaser for your Riggo's Rag stuff each time one of your articles or podcasts comes out :cheers:

We'll agree to disagree, BT. I'm assuming you did not watch the game on Thursday night or have not been checking in at training camp.

As for Spaight, we talked about it after the podcast for about forty-five minutes (and many other things as well). It comes down to special teams play and that is where Spaight has a decided edge in our collective opinions.

@Burgundy Burner - feel free to start a new thread with a content teaser for your Riggo's Rag stuff each time one of your articles or podcasts comes out :cheers:

I'll do that. Thanks. The next time I will be on a podcast is probably a couple of months from now.

Just my 2 cents....if you put Sims on the PS, and not the 53...then also put Cobb on there was well, as insurance.
Because, since Sims was projected as a mid-round draft pick, there's a reasonable chance he gets snagged off the PS, so then you have another similar prospect in Cobb, to fall back on, if that happens. Keep both on the PS, if you don't keep 1 as a 7th receiver on the 53.

Here's a couple questions for BB, or anyone.
The first one is about Long, that I've been longing to know the answer to (no pun intended)
Last offseason, why did we let him walk, when we could have switched him back to his original position of Guard, where he probably would have been an upgrade over Lauvao ?

And a question about Torian Grey, that's kind of a grey area (no pun untended)
Is it true that there is a legitimate chance that in the near future, that another team could offer him a promotion to D.C. ?

Long was too expensive to re-sign. Coming soon, we need to extend Preston Smith, Jamison Crowder, and Brandon Scherff.

Gray could get a DC job at any off-season or even a HC job. Nothing we can do to stop it if he wants that promotion.

Long was too expensive to re-sign. Coming soon, we need to extend Preston Smith, Jamison Crowder, and Brandon Scherff.

Gray could get a DC job at any off-season or even a HC job. Nothing we can do to stop it if he wants that promotion.

Thanks.
Good news on Scherff, is his 2019 option year was exercised, so he's guaranteed an extra year.

Have a good one, everyone. Heading out early in the morning on vacation. Be back the middle of next week. Keep the news and tweets coming. Hail!

Here's a couple questions for BB, or anyone.
The first one is about Long, that I've been longing to know the answer to (no pun intended)
Last offseason, why did we let him walk, when we could have switched him back to his original position of Guard, where he probably would have been an upgrade over Lauvao ?

And a question about Torian Grey, that's kind of a grey area (no pun untended)
Is it true that there is a legitimate chance that in the near future, that another team could offer him a promotion to D.C. ?

Long signed a 4 year, $27 mil deal with the Jets. Now the contract breaks waaaayy down and is essentially a 1 year, $6+ mil deal, with the first being the only year that's actually guaranteed. That on the surface appears to be something we could have managed. If he's on the roster the day after the SB, then he's due another $3 mil in base, and if he's on the team THROUGH next season, the deal ends up being 2 years for $13.125 mil.

The deal LOOKS inflated, but it's actually pretty team friendly, since they can get out of it any time after this season with 0 dead cap money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.