• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Norman's contract at this point - hits the cap this year @ $17M but he's out of fully guaranteed money & 2018 salary doesn't fully guarantee until March 18th. Until then he carries $9M in dead money (the remainder of his prorated signing bonus) and if released/traded the Skins get back $8M ($14M as a post June 1 designee). Maybe you extend him a year or 2 with another fairly easy out in 2 years to drop that current cap hit if you want some more $$$.

If you want him to go, whose your #1 CB? Breeland has already proved he isn't that guy & I think you've seen the best of what Bashard brings. Your other #1 CB? This guy might, maybe this guy could, we'll just draft a #1 CB, getta FA... Blah, blah, blah... Ya got a real plan in place?

Don't think Bree is worth as much to Washington as he might be to another team. He'll probably get something North of $5M @ year somewhere.

Norman's contract at this point - hits the cap this year @ $17M but he's out of fully guaranteed money & 2018 salary doesn't fully guarantee until March 18th. Until then he carries $9M in dead money (the remainder of his prorated signing bonus) and if released/traded the Skins get back $8M ($14M as a post June 1 designee). Maybe you extend him a year or 2 with another fairly easy out in 2 years to drop that current cap hit if you want some more $$$.

If you want him to go, whose your #1 CB? Breeland has already proved he isn't that guy & I think you've seen the best of what Bashard brings. Your other #1 CB? This guy might, maybe this guy could, we'll just draft a #1 CB, getta FA... Blah, blah, blah... Ya got a real plan in place?

Don't think Bree is worth as much to Washington as he might be to another team. He'll probably get something North of $5M @ year somewhere.

But if he's released as a June 1 designee, then he's technically on the roster post March 18, which fully guarantees the salary for 2018, so in order to not have to pay that in full he would need to be traded, still incurring that dead cap number, but saving $8 mil. Cutting him would mean we owe the total amount of $16.5ish upon release? Or am i misunderstanding?

As far as Bree, if we can get him for between $5mil and $6mil a year we need to do that as fast as we possibly can imho. I see someone paying him closer to $10mil a year, which you really have to make a decision between keeping a 25 year old Bree, or a 30 year old Norman at that point.

New update for today...

Last edited:
Add the word tweet after the slanted line. You are just about there.

Booger McFarland talking Vita Vea on #GrantAndDanny : "If you are running the 3-4 defense and you're looking for the second coming of Haloti Ngata or Vince Wilfork, he's your guy."

--@grantpaulsen

Key: Can be a three-down guy, play DT in nickel. Should be a person of interest for the Redskins over the next few months.

--@johnkeim

Yes please.

--@McD5fl

Booger McFarland talking Vita Vea on #GrantAndDanny : "If you are running the 3-4 defense and you're looking for the second coming of Haloti Ngata or Vince Wilfork, he's your guy."

--@grantpaulsen

Key: Can be a three-down guy, play DT in nickel. Should be a person of interest for the Redskins over the next few months.

--@johnkeim

Yes please.

--@McD5fl

Change of heart on the state of Hawaii, I see :)
Realistically speaking, the only way we get him, is if Kirk signs a LTD before the draft ; which is looking more and more unlikely as time goes on. (or possibly if we sign a veteran FA QB, or trade for one).

And even in that highly unlikely scenario that Kirk signs, Vea still has to drop to us.
So...no Vea for us...at least don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Today we a look at the college prospects list. The East-West Shrine game was last weekend and many prospects are meeting with teams prior to this weekend's Senior Bowl. We are separating this feature from the mocks now. Each year the list becomes too long to be included with ongoing mocks.

We'll add prospects who are contacted, interviewed, visited, worked out, etc. to the list as well.

As always, feel free to add any information that you may come across.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St.
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Matthew Thomas, LB, Florida St. – EW
Connor Hilland, OG, William & Mary – EW
Kentavius Street, DT, N.C. State – EW
Jordan Martin, CB/FS, Syracuse – EW
Bryce Bobo, WR, Colorado – EW
Malik Reaves, CB, Villanova – EW
Folorunso Fatukasi, DE, Connecticut – EW
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi – SB
Quin Blanding, SS/FS, Virginia – SB
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego St. – SB
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St. – SB
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St. – SB
Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise St. – SB
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa – SB
Tyler Conklin, TE, Central Michigan – SB
Kameron Kelly, CB, San Diego St. – SB
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.

The list is growing. Keep checking back regularly for updates.

Hail To The Redskins!

Seems a couple times/sites I've noticed Mason Rudolph's name now. Interesting....

Seems a couple times/sites I've noticed Mason Rudolph's name now. Interesting....

If they already have their eye on someone, I doubt they'll show much public interest.

You will never hear more misinformation, misdirecting of interests, and outright lies than you will hear between now and the end of the draft.

From pretty much every front office in the league.

If they already have their eye on someone, I doubt they'll show much public interest.

You will never hear more misinformation, misdirecting of interests, and outright lies than you will hear between now and the end of the draft.

From pretty much every front office in the league.

Very true, tough to decipher where we're going. Walter grades Rudolph out as a 2nd day guy (as of now).

If he lasts until the 2nd rd I really believe this Falk kid should be taken. Big, good arm and accurate as hell. Apparently needs some tuning up, which would be perfect sitting a yr behind Colt.

Granted that “accuracy” bit could be part of a shitload of checkdowns, idk.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

Some NFL scouts and GM's even have him as a 3rd day guy

From what u can tell he'd be worth a 3rd atleast. Granted needs give a lot of these cats higher position than what they actually grade out as too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.