• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

My guess is that big Ty is moving to guard and there will be a battle to see who is the backup between Lauvao, Kalis, Kouandijio, Catalina, and Balducci. The team cut Orlando Franklin.

Speaking of Kouandijio, did he get any playing time last year when we were a MASH unit? That dude needs to shit or get off the pot this camp.

Yes, Kouandjio did start the final few games and held his own - not overwhelming, but no glaring mistakes.

He dedicated himself to the off-season conditioning program and is stronger and more agile according to reports. It is something to watch.

Yes, Kouandjio did start the final few games and held his own - not overwhelming, but no glaring mistakes.

He dedicated himself to the off-season conditioning program and is stronger and more agile according to reports. It is something to watch.

I have a hard time believing that there is any confidence in Arie within Redskins park, and primarily with Callahan. I can't see them talking about moving Ty inside, then now signing Lauvoa if they had any belief that Arie could be a legitimate player on that offensive line.

All our problems are solved - Lauvao - informally known as Jay Gruden's love child - has been resigned :thumbsup::djsmilie:

All our problems are solved - Lauvao - informally known as Jay Gruden's love child - has been resigned :thumbsup::djsmilie:

We let "love-child Ryan Grant" walk after his most productive season.
And Jay chose Cousins over RG3 at a time when it was the most unpopular and controversial thing in the world.
So I personally do not believe Jay plays favorites at all.
If he shows favor to a player - it's for a legitimate reason at the time - not because Jay and the player are buddy-buddy.

I am just disappointed that after a number of years of either being injured or ineffective Lauvao is still the 'play' at left guard.

To me there were enough OL in free agency to find a more capable performer for 2018.

You can't find everything you need in one draft and the team really didn't have any depth to speak of outside of the practice squad and waiver wire guys we picked up during the 2017 season.

More news came out on Kouandjio today. He has added about fifteen lbs of muscle and has looked good in the off-season reps thus far.

After he was drafted, our legendary OL coach said Kujo was the best fourth round draft pick prospect he had ever seen.

So we have that going for us.

Which is nice.

We also have 3 years of history.

Even the best GMs and coaches make mistakes.

More news came out on Kouandjio today. He has added about fifteen lbs of muscle and has looked good in the off-season reps thus far.

Hope so, this is his 4th year with the team. I've been pulling for him every year to usurp the Lava. I'd like to think if he doesn't ball out in camp & preseason the team needs to & will move on.

Appreciate the tidbits though, kinda geographically challenged here.

I am just as skeptical as many of you. Nothing against Lauvao and Kouandjio, but I am hopeful players like Tyler Catalina and John Kling can make a serious run at LG. I just don't see big Ty moving to the inside.

I am just as skeptical as many of you. Nothing against Lauvao and Kouandjio, but I am hopeful players like Tyler Catalina and John Kling can make a serious run at LG. I just don't see big Ty moving to the inside.

Was Kalis intentionally left out ?
Do I sense a calloused attitude toward Kalis, around here ?! :p

Last edited:
Kalis weighs 302 lbs. He needs to add about twenty lbs of bulk and muscle. He just isn't a consideration until he takes these steps.

Scott Campbell is no longer with the team after he was let go earlier today. Kyle Smith is now the director of college scouting. Smith has orchestrated the last two drafts.

Holy shit. Take a day off from Twitter and this is what happens :)

Campbell feeling (perhaps rightfully) dissed? Or some other dynamics in play here?

Perhaps the 17 years of overall suckitude coming into play? From that vantage point, maybe not such a surprise.

A compilation of what I read was that his contract was not being renewed and that his protege, a young well-respected member of the staff, could be promoted in order to keep him from other teams that would be interested in him. Maybe the talent acquisition equivalent of Sean McVay.

That may be a very smart move if that's what this is about. Said it recently, we can't keep losing our front office talent.

Kyle Smith is that star. We didn't need Scot McCloughan after all. Kyle Smith is better and comes with zero baggage.

Too many cooks in the kitchen anyway.
But if Kyle is a much coveted "star", is this move enough to satisfy him and protect him from other teams ?
Or does he need to ultimately take Allen's job, and is that the ultimate plan ?

For when we trade Allen to Oakland for Khalil Mack... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.