• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

May have been to give him more time to sign with another club. He did restructure his deal earlier this year so maybe that was a ‘thanks for working with is' move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to echo what has been said here by others.... Fantastic job BB! :D

It was tough to keep up with the draft on this side of the pond, but like Boone I listened to a billion DC Podcasts on my way to and from work. Very happy with what we did this year. :D

Next year we will find out if it was luck or a bit of skill involved.

Free agency update coming tomorrow and then a mock draft a couple of hours later. Could reverse the two. Busy week here, but we'll get caught up on Friday.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ. We hope your week is going well. Free agency continues even after draft week, but it is moving along at a slower pace. Signings will continue and we are still here to cover it all.

OTAs, the draft, mini-camps, and training camp will be here before you know it, but we're talking free agency now and all the trades, re-signings, tags, releases, new free agents, and re-worked contracts are becoming known.

Who will we target in free agency? Who will we re-sign? Who will we not re-sign? Who will get released? Feel free to offer your opinions and predictions.

We take the latest chatter from Redskins Park and media pundits as BBQ tries to formulate what could happen in the coming days, weeks and months.

Free Agents Obtained:
Paul Richardson, WR – (Signed Five Year Deal, 3/15/18)
Sam Irwin Hill, P – (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/16/18)
Orlando Scandrick, CB (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/19/18)
Pernell McPhee, OLB (Signed One Year Deal, 3/26/18)

Free Agents Re-signed:
Quinton Dunbar, CB/ST – (Signed Three Year Deal, 1/1/18)
Mason Foster, ILB – (Signed Two Year Deal, 1/25/18)
Deshazor Everett, SS/ST – (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/6/18)
Dustin Hopkins, K – (Signed Three Year Deal, 3/12/18)
Brian Quick, WR – (Signed One Year Deal, 3/14/18)
Zach Brown, ILB – (Signed Three Year Deal, 3/15/18)
Phil Taylor, DT – (Signed One Year Deal, 4/3/18)
Ty Nsehke, OT – (Signed One Year Deal, 4/16/18)
Tony Bergstrom, OT – (Signed One Year Deal, 4/16/18)
Shawn Lauvao, OG - (Signed One Year Deal, 5/14/18)

Exercised Option:
Brandon Scherff, OG

Trade:
Alex Smith, QB
Kevin Hogan, QB
Kendall Fuller, CB (Traded to the Chiefs)
Su'a Cravens, SS (Traded to the Broncos)

Restricted Free Agents:

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:

Contract Extension:
Alex Smith, QB (Four Year Extension, Five Years Total)

Players Waived, Released:
LeShun Daniels, RB
Stephen Morris, QB
Orion Stewart, S
Otha Peters, LB
A.J. Francis, DE
Montori Hughes, DT
Terrell McClain, DE
Chris Bazile, TE
Cassanova McKinzy, LB
James Sample, CB
Orlando Franklin, OG

Pending Free Agents:
DeAngelo Hall, FS – (Very Likely Retires)
Arthur Jones, DT – (Very Likely Walks)
Bashaud Breeland, CB – (Unknown)
Junior Galette, OLB – (Unknown)
Chris Carter, LB/ST – (Unknown)

Possible Release Candidates:
Keith Marshall, RB
Byron Marshall, RB
Jordan Reed, TE
T.J. Clemmings, OT
Arie Kouandjio, OG
Demetrius Rhaney, C
Sam Irwin Hill, P
Phil Taylor, DT
Orlando Scandrick, CB
Rob Kelley, RB
Kapri Bibbs, RB
Ziggy Hood, DE
Maurice Harris, WR
Brian Quick, WR
Tony Bergstrom, OT
Shawn Lauvao, OG

Off-season Updates:
Here are the picks the Redskins now have (by round) in the 2019 draft:
1, 2, 3, 3 (Comp), 4, 5, 5 (Comp), 6, 6 (Comp), 6 (Comp), 7.

As it stands now, the Redskins would have four compensatory picks in the 2019 draft – 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th.

Free agent DT Johnathan Hankins is likely no longer being considered by the Redskins.

We have added Phil Taylor as a release candidate. The draft selections make this possible.

Reports of Bruce Allen to the Raiders front office appears to be untrue.

Look for the Redskins to add a quarterback sometime soon. He will likely be an UDFA or a young free agent prospect. This player would be no more than a camp arm and a practice squad player at most.

Personal Thoughts:
We don't rule out the possibility of Junior Galette returning to the Redskins. He has very little interest on the open market.

BBQ believes the following UDFAs who signed with the Redskins have a decent chance of making the roster of fifty-three:
Sean Welsh, C
Timon Parris, OT
Simmie Cobbs, WR

We will have a Bashaud Breeland update shortly – and it is very interesting.

Alex Smith was the starter in Kansas City when Kevin Hogan was drafted. Smith obviously sees something in Hogan that many of us don't see. Stephen Morris was never going to be on the final roster.

See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Last edited:
The wildcard in all that though is the extent of Breeland's infection. The kind of infection he has/had can do major tissue damage. There's a reason he hasn't been signed to date. He may ultimately be fine, but he also could end up unavailable in 2018, require skin grafts, other surgeries, or even worse. If they tender him, is there a physical that's a part of that? I'd hate for us to sign the guy, us have to release a talented youngster with him taking up a roster spot, and Breeland not be able to play. I'd be curious to know how Breeland's injury factors into this attempted manuever. I'm also unclear whether this is something they are just throwing out there, or if it's actually something the Redskins are rumored to be considering?

For the record - I don't want Breeland back in B&G. He's a major head case and I think his will be a case of addition by subtraction.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

The 2018 NFL draft is history and the 2019 draft is a year away, but we are going to post a very early mock today. It is difficult to know what the team needs will be a year from now, but the process of team building never ends and BBQ is about to take a look at what could happen at this time next year.

Will BBQ match or surpass the success that it had with the 2018 mocks? It will be difficult and very challenging, but it is a task that we embrace. With that kind of success, we truly believe it helps the members of BGO to focus on the players who are prospects that the Redskins are seeking. It feels good to provide everyone here with the kind of service you expect from BBQ.

Without any further delays, let's take an early look at 2019 with this mock.

Round One: DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia

Round Two: Austin Bryant, OLB, Clemson

Round Three: Tyrie Cleveland, WR, Florida

Round Three (Comp Pick): Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

Round Four: Lester Cotton, OG, Alabama

Round Five: Corbin Kaufusi, DE, Brigham Young

Round Five (Comp Pick): Jake Bentley, QB, South Carolina

Round Six: Joe Dineen, ILB, Kansas

Round Six (Comp Pick): Chase Hansen, SS, Utah

Round Six (Comp Pick): Jonathan Ledbetter, DE, Georgia

Round Seven: Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo

There is your first mock for 2019. We will have another mock during the bye week this coming season. The mocks will then resume next winter. We're done with mocking for a while. Time to take a break.

Hail To The Redskins!

As I said on Twitter, man - forget the picks, think about having that many picks. With the quality of our recent drafts, it is very exciting to have that kind of an upcoming stockpile of picks. We will have far fewer needs next year if we lock up our quality free agents. Things are looking up people.

I see us drafting a QB next year though. Without so many needs, with an older starting QB, and with those extra picks, would make a lot of sense.

Shawn Lauvao has been re-signed. I will update the FA post from earlier today shortly.

Am torn whether to dislike since I'm disliking the content.

What about the content are you not liking? Nothing wrong with critical analysis and letting me know only makes the blog better.

What about the content are you not liking? Nothing wrong with critical analysis and letting me know only makes the blog better.

Guessing he's not a Lauvao fan... lol...

Ah, ok. I've had several dense moments this week and this was another one. Well, Keim has been saying for several weeks that the door was not closed on a possible return.

I have updated the FA thread from earlier today and this signing has had a ripple effect as there are a few changes.

I dislike this message a lot. Not the messenger though

TyPo passed on the Snyder blackmail to Lava it would seem.

My guess is that big Ty is moving to guard and there will be a battle to see who is the backup between Lauvao, Kalis, Kouandijio, Catalina, and Balducci. The team cut Orlando Franklin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.