• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

I'm not sure what to make of the survey, but this is just another negative for the team - whether we agree with it or not.

Agents are hated for many reasons, but loved by the players. If you're a player, then you love what they do for your finances. If you're an owner, GM, or capologist for the team, then you tend to loathe them.

Fans love hating on agents - just like I do with Kevin Poston. But I really like the ESPN Drew Rosenhaus in the food line commercial/promotional. :rotflmao:

Re: USA Today/Bruce Allen

You apparently don't know, or more likely don't care, about the point I was making. That is that, agents, freaking agents, who are all butt hurt now because Allen doesn't sign folks like Haynesworth, Archeletta, Sanders, and Greedy Lyin Bastards, allowing them to drive up prices for their own free agents, can't trust Allen.

Hate the guy all you want. I know it's what sustains you. But agents don't care about a goddamn thing but money. Their opinion of any GM, or owner, in all of professional sports, is a worthless as fur sink liners.

You may now return to your favorite meal of hate-filled eclairs. :)

I know you and Bruce have a thing and a secret handshake and all... ;)

But...Professionalism counts for something, don't you think?

If you're perceived as untrustworthy, unprepared and incompetent, you'd at least have to admit that's not good for business, right?

I mean, if I go to buy a car and Joe Isuzu walks out to greet me, I'm not hanging around to get the whole spiel.....

Joe Isuzu??? Haven't heard that name in more than two and a half decades!

Bring back Rypien!

I know you and Bruce have a thing and a secret handshake and all... ;)

But...Professionalism counts for something, don't you think?

If you're perceived as untrustworthy, unprepared and incompetent, you'd at least have to admit that's not good for business, right?

I mean, if I go to buy a car and Joe Isuzu walks out to greet me, I'm not hanging around to get the whole spiel.....

Well, to be honest, what I like most about Bruce is that he has a permanent cot set up in your brain, and keeps his feet up on your coffee table. Drinking your beer and flirting with your wife. It tickles the shit out of me. ;)

But seriously, if you count the opinion of an agent as anything more than useless, then, it's no wonder someone like Bruce consumes you.
Doesn't mean you can't have issues with his job performance. Just makes it seem desperate to try an lend any value to the opinion of sports agents to try and back up your point.

Which doesn't need that kind of help.

What does the term least prepared to negotiate mean anyway?
Seems to me there is no context to what the questions were or for what.

Well, to be honest, what I like most about Bruce is that he has a permanent cot set up in your brain, and keeps his feet up on your coffee table. Drinking your beer and flirting with your wife. It tickles the shit out of me. ;)

But seriously, if you count the opinion of an agent as anything more than useless, then, it's no wonder someone like Bruce consumes you.
Doesn't mean you can't have issues with his job performance. Just makes it seem desperate to try an lend any value to the opinion of sports agents to try and back up your point.

Which doesn't need that kind of help.

Well, when the number one duty of your job is to acquire talent and that requires being able to deal with agents in order to field a competitive team, you can't go all scorched earth policy in dealing with them....as you suggest, just because you believe every agent and player that doesn't give you a team friendly discount is a greedy lying bastard.

Geezus. A person with an iq of even 5 knows the answer: Bruce is an absolute joke. That's it. There isn't a conspiracy theory.

He's garbage. Show him the door.

Well, when the number one duty of your job is to acquire talent and that requires being able to deal with agents in order to field a competitive team, you can't go all scorched earth policy in dealing with them....as you suggest, just because you believe every agent and player that doesn't give you a team friendly discount is a greedy lying bastard.
And yet, we seem to have a pretty good record signing people. We can criticize the people being signed, maybe.
But how is it that we've been able to keep many of the people we really want? And still sign new people.
If it were as bad as you want it to be, we wouldn't be able sign, or re-sign, a single player.

So again, be critical of WHO they sign. But tell me how keeping player salaries in check, is not exactly what the Cheater in New England does.
He just has Tom Brady magic dust to make everything else look good.

Geezus. A person with an iq of even 5 knows the answer: Bruce is an absolute joke. That's it. There isn't a conspiracy theory.

He's garbage. Show him the door.

Hey, give me a break. I studied my ass off to raise my IQ to 4.

He may well be garbage. And he may eventually be shown the door.

But he will always have achieved more as an NFL FO man, than you ever will. Not sure if it's because he just got lucky. Or that you lack the guts to even attempt such a thing.
He could quite possibly do better at your job, than you could at his. But that's just a theory. :)

If you guys want to continue with the personal insults, take it to PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 off-season and there are several changes. The Redskins are evaluating more prospects each day and the draft is just under one week away. BBQ continues to cover the 2018 off-season now with multiple updates each week. This week we are posting four mocks (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday). Next week will bring a mock each day.

The format for the mocks this off-season will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the minds of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mock of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike or Free Safety (?)

Round One: Da'Ron Payne, DT/DE, Alabama
Payne is the space-eating defensive tackle that Jim Tomsula has been coveting since his arrival at Redskins Park, but the Crimson Tide prospect can play all along the line.
Other Possible Targets:
Leighton Vander Esch, OLB, Boise St.
Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/SS/FS, Alabama
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Derwin James, FS, Florida St.
Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

Round Two: Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
The Redskins can't continue to rely on mid round prospects at running back and this is the year when the Redskins make a firm commitment to the running back corps.
Other Possible Targets (Including Third Round Choices if Acquired):
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Will Hernandez, G, Texas-El Paso
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego St.
Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida St.
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Marcus Davenport, OLB, Texas-San Antonio
Harrison Phillips, DE/DT, Stanford (3rd)
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St. (3rd)
Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan (3rd)
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St. (3rd)
Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas (3rd)
Duke Ejiofor, DE/OLB, Wake Forest (3rd)
Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia (3rd)
Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia (3rd)

Round Four: Braden Smith, OG, Auburn
Overlooked by many pundits, but certainly known to football scouts. Tall frame – will need to add about twenty pounds of bulk. Could start from day one.
Other Possible Targets:
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Scott Quessenberry, C, UCLA
Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays St.
Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
D.J. Chark, WR, Louisiana St.
Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford
Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech
Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia
Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia

Round Five: Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
Jim Tomsula wants another big and powerful body in the middle of his defensive line and gets his wish.
Other Possible Targets:
Da'Shawn Hand, DT, Alabama
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa
Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB, Jacksonville St.
A versatile defensive back who could likely step in at the corner slot position immediately.

Round Six: Oren Burks, ILB, Vanderbilt
The Redskins are able to find a hidden gem from high-brow Vanderbilt and he will likely be a special teams standout.
Other Possible Targets:
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Cole Madison, OG, Washington St.
Sean Welsh, G/C, Iowa
David Wells, TE, San Diego St.
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Du'Vonta Lampkin, DT, Oklahoma
Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

Round Seven: Auden Tate, WR, Florida St.
Not the fastest receiver out there, but Tate tends to catch what is thrown to him. Good possession receiver. Good red zone target.
Other Possible Targets:
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
Taylor Hearn, OG, Clemson
Tre Flowers, S, Oklahoma State
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah
Kentavius Street, DL, NC State
Arden Key, OLB, Louisiana St.
Troy Apke, FS, Penn St.
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia

Round Seven: Deon Yelder, TE, Western Kentucky
Guess who will not be ready for OTAs? Or mini-camp? Or possibly training camp? Maybe the 2018 season? Guess who may move on from that player?

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Austin Golson, C, Auburn
Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Teo Redding, WR, Bowling Green
Mike Love, DE/OLB, South Florida
Dorian O'Daniel, ILB, Clemson
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington
Rashard Fant, CB, Indiana
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi
Nick Keizer, TE, Grand Valley St.
Quadree Henderson, WR, Pittsburgh
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
Robert Torgerson, DE, Southern Utah
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia

There is the latest mock of the 2018 off-season. Next week we have a mock each day, a free agency update, and a new prospects list (if needed). The draft will be here next Thursday, but we have many mocks coming in the days ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Well going by what you, and other lesser mock guru's say, if we could land this draft class, I think everybody would have to agree it looks damn good on paper.

2 highly rated DT's. with Payne being most experts 1 or 2 at that position.
1 of high rated RB's
A guard.
Some secondary replenishment.
An ILB under no pressure to start right away
And a WR..........................................................................Yes please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until you see Monday's mock.

On another note...

Thinking of doing what we have done in some years, but not others for tomorrow. An "out of the box" mock that is not likely at all, but could have a very outside chance of happening. What does everyone think?

Wait until you see Monday's mock.

On another note...

Thinking of doing what we have done in some years, but not others for tomorrow. An "out of the box" mock that is not likely at all, but could have a very outside chance of happening. What does everyone think?

I think if it's a fun exercise for you, you should do it. If nothing else, it's an entertaining thought path.

All of my research for the draft is done and I thought it would be something fun to do this weekend. I'll work on it tonight and see how it goes. Thanks.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Today we bring you our one and only “fun” mock of the 2018 off-season. This has always been done on the weekend before the draft. It has a tinge of seriousness and the chances of it happening are no more than ten percent, but that is actually higher than in other years BBQ believes. Could this actually happen or something similar? Sure, but the chances are still very small.

So let's see what could occur if things really get crazy in this draft.

Transactions:
Earlier in the week the Redskins signed Johnathan Hankins to a four year deal.

Also, the Redskins signed SS Kenny Vaccaro to a modest one year contract.

Player Trade:
New England would like a firm answer at tight end, but Rob Gronkowski still hasn't made up his mind. New England offers a second round pick for Jordan Reed and the Redskins accept.

Round One: Trade
The Redskins trade down one position with the Packers as Green Bay has their sights set on a defensive back. The Redskins pick up a third rounder.

Round One: Trade
The Redskins find themselves in a mini-bidding war with the Chargers and Cardinals for the fourteenth pick – both want Lamar Jackson. The Chargers get the pick by offering their second, third, and sixth round picks.

Round One: Da'Ron Payne, DT/DE, Alabama

Round Two: Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California

Round Two: Will Hernandez, G, Texas-El Paso

Round Two: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Round Three: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.

Round Three: Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas

Round Four: Trade
The Rams trade two of their fourth round picks in order to move up to the early part of round four. The Redskins accept.

Round Four: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California

Round Four: D.J. Chark, WR, Louisiana St.

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB, Jacksonville St.

Round Five: Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut

Round Six: Oren Burks, ILB, Vanderbilt

Round Six: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

Round Seven: Troy Apke, FS, Penn St.

Round Seven: Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama

Hail To The Redskins!

I think it's a good practice to continue each year and add depth on both the OL and DL with middle round picks.

The Giants did that under Coughlin and New England does that regularly.

There is a certain bust rate but the line positions have gotten so much more expensive in free agency to fill than 5-10 years ago, that free agency is now usually NOT an option unless you are simply looking for a replacement level player and not someone that is going to make a real impact.

With Trent, Morgan and Brandon as the anchors on the OL we will definitely need to deploy this strategy going forward as we simply can't afford to pay our center or left guard top shelf wages on a second contract.

We will need to draft guys and get performances out of capable candidates that are working on rookie deals.

On defense, we are not quite there yet because we still need one or two impact players in the group BEFORE we can say we have an established core.

Allen is one building block. Ioannidis is a solid complement and may turn into a core performer and running mate, but I think we need to see a healthy 2018 with him playing at the same level he showed the first 6 weeks of 2017.

Payne, Vea or another player identified in the top 30-40 picks is desperately needed to balance out the line and create the kind of disruption you see from the best lines in the NFL. And since I don't see McClain or McGhee as being better than replacement value, I might consider taking a DL in Round 4 or 5 even if we take Payne/Vea/Other early on.

Another plus is when you have a dominant front you don't have to think about paying megabucks for linebackers.

For years the Redskins were able win with solid but unspectacular play from the linebackers because the team had two dominant outside rushers in Manley and Mann and a DT in Butz that simply shut down the run, even against the double team.

We didn't have to think about drafting the next Ray Lewis or going into free agency to pay an outside linebacker $20M to get 10-15 sacks.

If we draft Payne we have IMO the defensive personnel to transition to a 4-3. While that isn't being contemplated for 2018, the team's so-so record of finding edge rusher at OLB in the draft and free agency could force their hand in 2019 if Kerrigan at 30 starts to slow down and Preston Smith continues to be an inconsistent rusher not worthy of a big second contract.

Just think of all the players we have drafted and signed to be THE guy on the outside rushing the passer from the 3-4 and how we have come up short in most cases:

Brian Orakpo - #1 in 2009
Ryan Kerrigan - #1 in 2011
Trent Murphy - #2 in 2014
Preston Smith - #2 in 2015
Junior Galette - free agent in 2016

That's a LOT of draft assets put into solving the issue of developing a consistent rush from the 3-4.

Derwin, Vea, Payne or Fitzpatrick.

Any of those four would make me happy.

I think it's a good practice to continue each year and add depth on both the OL and DL with middle round picks.

The Giants did that under Coughlin and New England does that regularly.

There is a certain bust rate but the line positions have gotten so much more expensive in free agency to fill than 5-10 years ago, that free agency is now usually NOT an option unless you are simply looking for a replacement level player and not someone that is going to make a real impact.

New England even goes so far as to trade a bunch of lower round picks in order to pick up 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks, even go earlier in those rounds, to get their lineman, either side of the ball.

Although, there was a center who was released this off-season I would not have minded giving a little coin to in FA, Mike Pouncey. He signed a reasonable deal with the Chargers , who got him for 2 years at 15 million, with only 10 guaranteed.

And I agree, it would be nice to abandon the 3-4 altogether. We've never found an anchor for that scheme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.