• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

This latest mock was based on yesterday's reports that the Redskins may make such moves in the draft and target these two players. It's possible, but would also be very difficult.

Another mock coming tomorrow and a prospects list update as well.

The last of the team visits occurred today for all teams. Time to hunker down for the draft.

Breeland should have thought about where he was in his career before he shot off his mouth when Josh Norman was acquired by talking about being a #1 corner himself and sulking like he was being disrespected.

Then given the opportunity to step up and prove that point in the first game of the season, before a national stage, against the best in the game...what did he do? He let Antonio Brown score 2 TD's against him and a crucial 3rd down and long.

In all fairness, I think Breeland actually played Brown well a lot of that game, one of the TD's was a fluke bounce, one was a throw from Ben that is about as good as it gets in football to barely get past the outstretched Breeland and on the 3rd and long he simply got beat by the best when the DL could not get pressure Ben. As far as the damage it did to him mentally, the kid never seemed to recover.

And BB, appreciate all your efforts, just want to see your final mock before things happen. You've gone through all the scenarios I see we could take, I like the trade and trade for the 2 players you mentioned in the 1st round, but how far down do we trade and still get Payne? And Guice?

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I appreciate it.

For Payne, I would say that we can't go any lower than the 17th to 19th pick. For Guice, 24th to 28th. These are just educated guesses.

I would feel better if we made a selection at 13, then offered a 2019 1st and our current 2nd round pick to select Guice at around 18th. That is what a future mock may show.

FYI - I have had another glaring mistake in the FA updates this entire off-season. I had Zach Vigil listed as a free agent, but that is wrong. He will be an unrestricted free agent after this upcoming season. BBQ regrets the error and the FA update on Tuesday will reflect that change.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I appreciate it.

For Payne, I would say that we can't go any lower than the 17th to 19th pick. For Guice, 24th to 28th. These are just educated guesses.

I would feel better if we made a selection at 13, then offered a 2019 1st and our current 2nd round pick to select Guice at around 18th. That is what a future mock may show.

If Payne makes it that far, Dallass will take him. Is Guice that much of a better RB than Chubb? Michele?

Let's put it this way. If the Redskins took Guice at 13, I would not be upset. He is a top ten talent in this draft. Barkley is a top three player in this draft and would go first overall if it wasn't for the QBs. Michel and Jones are on the next tier. Chubb and several others are second round talents.

My complete lack of faith that Gruden will EVER commit to running the ball in any consistent, effective way, makes drafting a RB in the 1st rd a total waste. Unless we're talking Jim Brown.
Even Gruden couldn't waste him. I don't think.

I still prefer the top DT/ILB/S, or the guard from Notre Dame if he somehow fell to us, in the 1st. RB in the 2nd.
And sticking with my brilliant, Dartboard and a Monkey Mock Draft, that RB would be Kerryon Johnson.

Laughable.

Because the Redskins under Allen have stopped "setting the market" for FA salaries, agents don't trust him. Rrrrrright.

These same Bozo's would rate Cousin Vinny #1 .

Fake news. You're not going lefty on us Brother McD, are you?

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Today we take a look at the college prospects list. The Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine, and NFL Combine seem like they happened ages ago and the team pro days are in the history books. Team visits for all NFL clubs ended yesterday and now it is time for the teams to hunker down and finalize their draft boards. Many prospects have met with the Redskins this off-season and the list is extensive. Perhaps there is a player or two that was missed and we will continue to research for this list.

BBQ will cover it all and post all relevant information here. If you come across any information, please post it here.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Matthew Thomas, LB, Florida St. – EW
Connor Hilland, OG, William & Mary – EW
Kentavius Street, DT, N.C. State – EW
Jordan Martin, CB/FS, Syracuse – EW
Bryce Bobo, WR, Colorado – EW
Malik Reaves, CB, Villanova – EW
Folorunso Fatukasi, DE, Connecticut – EW
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi – SB
Quin Blanding, SS/FS, Virginia – SB, TV
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego St. – SB
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St. – SB
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St. – SB
Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise St. – SB
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa – SB, NFLC
Tyler Conklin, TE, Central Michigan – SB
Kameron Kelly, CB, San Diego St. – SB
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St. – SB
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon – SB
Cole Madison, OG, Washington St. – SB, TV
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky – SB
Nyheim Hines, RB, N.C. State – NFLC
D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland – NFLC
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis – NFLC
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California – NFLC, TPD
Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio St. – NFLC, TV
Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio St. – NFLC
Rick Leonard, OT, Florida St. – NFLC
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma – NFLC
Tony Brown, CB, Alabama – TPD
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall – TPD (Informal)
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond – TPD
Terrell Bonds, CB, Tennessee St. – TPD, TV
Darius Jackson, OLB/DE, Jacksonville St. – TPD
Dorian O'Daniel, ILB, Clemson – TPD
Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa – PW, TV
Devante Downs, ILB, California – TPD
Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan – PW
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St. – TPD, TV, PW
Vita Vea, DT, Washington – TPD, TV
Mike Love, DE/OLB, South Florida – TPD, TV
Nick Keizer, TE, Grand Valley St. – TPD
Robert Torgerson, DT, Southern Utah – TPD
Deon Yelder, TE, Western Kentucky – TPD, TV
Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida St. – TV
Da'Ron Payne, DE/DT, Alabama – TV
Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State – TV
Derrick Hayward, TE, Maryland – TV
Rashard Fant, CB, Indiana – TPD, PW
Braden Smith, G, Auburn – TV
Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia – TV
Arden Key, OLB, Louisiana St. – TV
Jordan Mailata, OT, Rugby Player – PD, TV
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech – TV
Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech – TV
Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis – TV
Shaun Wilson, RB, Duke – TV
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia – TV
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia – TV
Azeem Victor, ILB, Washington – TV

Team Pro Days Attended:
Air Force, Alabama, Alabama (2nd Pro Day), Appalachian St., Arizona, Arizona St., Arkansas, Army, Auburn, Azusa Pacific, Baylor, Boise St., Boston College, Brigham Young, California, Central Florida, Central Michigan, Calgary (Canada), Cincinnati, Clemson, Colgate (Held at Columbia University), Colorado, Colorado St., Columbia, Connecticut, Delaware, Duke, East Carolina, Eastern Illinois (Held at Northwestern) Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida St., Fordham (Held at Columbia University), Fort Hayes St., Georgia, Georgia St., Georgia Tech, Grand Valley St., Hawaii (Held at Azusa Pacific University near Los Angeles), Houston, Howard, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa St., Jacksonville St., James Madison, Kansas, Kansas St., Kentucky, Louisiana St., Louisville, Marshall, Maryland, Memphis, Miami (FL), Miami (OH), Michigan, Michigan St., Middle Tennessee St., Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi St., Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada-Las Vegas, North Carolina, North Carolina-Charlotte, North Carolina St., Navy, Northern Iowa, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio, Ohio St., Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Old Dominion, Oregon, Oregon St., Pennsylvania, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Richmond, Sam Houston St., San Diego St., San Jose St., South Carolina, South Carolina St., South Dakota St., South Florida, Southern California, Southern California (2nd Pro Day), Southern Methodist, Southern Mississippi, Southern Utah, Stanford, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, Tennessee St., Texas, Texas A&M, Texas A&M-Commerce, Texas Christian, Texas-San Antonio, Texas Tech, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, Tulsa, UCLA, Utah, Utah St., Vanderbilt, Villanova, Virginia, Virginia Military Inst. (Held at James Madison). Virginia Tech, Virginia St., Wagner, Wake Forest, Washington, Washington St., West Georgia, West Virginia, Western Illinois (Held at Northwestern), Western Kentucky, William and Mary, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Yale (Held at Columbia University).

The Redskins also attended the pro day in Tampa, FL of Jordan Mailata, a 6-8 345 pound Samoan rugby player who hopes to make it in the NFL as an offensive tackle.

This is our final prospects list update unless we come across any new information. The draft is one week away.

Hail To The Redskins!

Laughable.

Because the Redskins under Allen have stopped "setting the market" for FA salaries, agents don't trust him. Rrrrrright.

These same Bozo's would rate Cousin Vinny #1 .

Fake news. You're not going lefty on us Brother McD, are you?

It isn't fake anything, it's just a poll with obvious bias.

I see Elway is listed as 3rd least trusted, does that mean you throw him down there as a "Bad football exec that needs ousted" as well?

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 off-season and there are several changes, including a huge trade. The Redskins are evaluating more prospects each day and the draft is just one week from today. BBQ continues to cover the 2018 off-season now with multiple updates each week. This week we are posting four mocks (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday). Next week will bring a mock each day.

The format for the mocks this off-season will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the minds of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mock of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike or Free Safety (?)

Round One: Da'Ron Payne, DT/DE, Alabama
Payne is the space-eating defensive tackle that Jim Tomsula has been coveting since his arrival at Redskins Park, but the Crimson Tide prospect can play all along the line.
Other Possible Targets:
Leighton Vander Esch, OLB, Boise St.
Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/SS/FS, Alabama
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Derwin James, FS, Florida St.
Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

Round Two: Trade
The Redskins trade their second round pick, a 2019 first round pick, and a 2020 third round pick to move back into the middle of round one.

Round One: Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.
Taking a running back in round one hasn't been the norm for the Redskins in a long time. Then again, the rushing attack has been anemic for too many years.

Round Four: Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech
With Spencer Long hitting the road and Shawn Lauvao likely not returning, the Redskins find their left guard of the future.
Other Possible Targets:
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Scott Quessenberry, C, UCLA
Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays St.
Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
D.J. Chark, WR, Louisiana St.
Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford
Braden Smith, OG, Auburn
Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia
Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia

Round Five: Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa
A project who could see some time as the season progresses. Could be a starter in three years. Good hands and solid route runner.
Other Possible Targets:
Da'Shawn Hand, DT, Alabama
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB, Jacksonville St.
Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami

Round Five: Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
A middle round prospect who was a defensive tackle for the Huskies, but could also see time at end on the next level.

Round Six: Cole Madison, OG, Washington St.
The Redskins add depth to the line. Madison will need time to adjust to the NFL, but could be a starter in a year or two when needed. Quality depth.
Other Possible Targets:
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Sean Welsh, G/C, Iowa
Oren Burks, ILB, Vanderbilt
David Wells, TE, San Diego St.
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Du'Vonta Lampkin, DT, Oklahoma
Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

Round Seven: Troy Apke, FS, Penn St.
Speed, speed, and more speed. Should be an excellent special teams player. Can come in on passing downs and provide solid coverage.
Other Possible Targets:
Deon Yelder, TE, Western Kentucky
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
Taylor Hearn, OG, Clemson
Tre Flowers, S, Oklahoma State
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah
Kentavius Street, DL, NC State
Arden Key, OLB, Louisiana St.
Auden Tate, WR, Florida St.
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia

Round Seven: Deon Yelder, TE, Western Kentucky
Guess who will not be ready for OTAs? Or mini-camp? Or possibly training camp? Maybe the 2018 season? Guess who may move on from that player?

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Austin Golson, C, Auburn
Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Teo Redding, WR, Bowling Green
Mike Love, DE/OLB, South Florida
Dorian O'Daniel, ILB, Clemson
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington
Rashard Fant, CB, Indiana
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi
Nick Keizer, TE, Grand Valley St.
Quadree Henderson, WR, Pittsburgh
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
Robert Torgerson, DE, Southern Utah
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia

There is the latest mock of the 2018 off-season. Next week we have four mocks, a free agency update, and a new prospects list. The draft will be here a week from tomorrow, but we have many mocks coming in the days ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

It isn't fake anything, it's just a poll with obvious bias.
It's not credible. It was used like it was. Makes it fake news to me. You are allowed to differ in your opinion.
I see Elway is listed as 3rd least trusted, does that mean you throw him down there as a "Bad football exec that needs ousted" as well?
I never threw anyone down, anywhere. Might want to redirect your arrow, my friend.

Nyheim Hines, N.C. State, for a return/RB in the 5th (provided he drops that far and probably will not) maybe but if the Skins stay at their current picks and if they take an RB in those 3 picks before the 5th they'd probably have to pass. Not the greatest receiver and somewhat on the small side (5' 8"/197#) but he'd fit well. An outside the Tackle RB with breakaway speed (4.38 40 yd dash). Last year - 4 TD's of 48, 50, 54 & 83 yards. He ran for 1,ooo yd's in 2017 with 12 TD's and averaged 25 yd's per KR (2 TD's) and throw in 11+ yd's (1 TD) on PR's.

Thanks for the info JB, I'll check out his vids.

Hell maybe the guy is already on the roster, but I sure wish we could find the next B Mitch/Hester type to lock up kick returning. Wouldn't be opposed if there's a big h-back to take and fit into the old Mike Sellers role either. A HB/TE hybrid or something.

Hey B.B. I assume that trade is in line with the accepted trade value charts but, damn, that seems like a high price.

There is no way to know where we will finish in 2018 and that affects the 2019 first round selection. Future charts tend to become an afterthought when chasing an elite player in the current calendar year.

Re: USA Today/Bruce Allen

Evidence all over the place, this is just another piece.

.406 winning percentage is the most damning of all.

But I'm supposedly some crazy bitter old fan, so what do I know? :instigate:

Last edited:
Re: USA Today/Bruce Allen

Evidence all over the place, this is just another piece.

.406 winning percentage is the most damning of all.

But I'm supposedly some crazy bitter old fan, so what do I know? :instigate:

You apparently don't know, or more likely don't care, about the point I was making. That is that, agents, freaking agents, who are all butt hurt now because Allen doesn't sign folks like Haynesworth, Archeletta, Sanders, and Greedy Lyin Bastards, allowing them to drive up prices for their own free agents, can't trust Allen.

Hate the guy all you want. I know it's what sustains you. But agents don't care about a goddamn thing but money. Their opinion of any GM, or owner, in all of professional sports, is a worthless as fur sink liners.

You may now return to your favorite meal of hate-filled eclairs. :)

It's not credible. It was used like it was. Makes it fake news to me. You are allowed to differ in your opinion.

I never threw anyone down, anywhere. Might want to redirect your arrow, my friend.

You're absolutely right, I realize my diction was poor. Threw that out in a rapid fashion while on a call and browsing, i wasn't trying to accuse you. I agree on the credibility, as it needs to be taken as a highly biased output; but "fake news" has a term just needs to die, as it is used too often for "I don't like it". It is an actual survey, with factual evidence from a specific group that is going to be giving certain expected answers. It isn't fake, just...tainted a certain color.

The Elway comment was pointed at McD5, not yourself. I do agree it looked like I was saying that to you, which was not my intention. My apologies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.