• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Last edited:
We don't need a WR.

Reed isn't going anywhere Brian. First of all - we'd never get close to his value for the same reason we'd want to trade him, his injury history. We'll play him and do what we always do - cross our fingers. If we get 12-14 games out of him, he'll be a top 3 TE. Zero indication the team is even pondering trading him.

Richardson is talented. He has never been a #1 or #2 and this is his chance to show he can be that guy. Until he is, he isn't.

If Reed can stay on the field, and Doctson makes the leap I think he can, we are absolutely loaded at WR. And then there's Chris Thomspon coming out of the backfield.

I was thinking injury more than anything else.

As far as needing a WR, yes we do. If we do not add at least a proven WR, we will head into another season depending on an injured TE, a solid Crowder who was unable to step up without proven talent around him, a 3rd year player who may or may not step up, and the Seahawks oft injured unknown "talent". Not much different than last year. We are not better at that ppsition.

Last edited:
He also has some wear on him, he played hard in Baltimore. He's still better than Gallette.

I was thinking injury more than anything else.

As far as needing a WR, yes we do. If we do not add at least a proven WR, we will head into another season depending on an injured TE, a solid Crowder who was unable to step up without proven talent around him, a 3rd year player who may or may not step up, and the Seahawks oft injured unknown "talent". Not much different than last year. We are not better at that ppsition.

I'm with E on this one, the team is too thin at that position we rely on fragile players way too much.

D Hall must be reading my assesment of the worst Redskins off-season of the last ten years:

I don't care how good a coach you think you are People!!!! You can't win games without Players. And by the way they have to be talented. The better your players are the greater your chances of victory are.

Shots fired at Bruce?

Who feels confident our current corps of WR's is going to be enough for Alex Smith to succeed?

If so, please tell me why.

If not, wtf is this team going to do about it?

It's not strong enough and we aren't going to do anything about it. Aside from maybe drafting another in the sixth round.

OBJ might be available....But even if so, probably more likely to end up somewhere like Green Bay.

D Hall must be reading my assesment of the worst Redskins off-season of the last ten years:

I don't care how good a coach you think you are People!!!! You can't win games without Players. And by the way they have to be talented. The better your players are the greater your chances of victory are.

Shots fired at Bruce?
Constantly laying the groundwork, for the excuses to be used, of why your boy gets fired.
Conversely, if he somehow lucks into being a winning coach, instead, the higher Mt. Pedestal will be.

Brilliant. :thumbsup:

I think the best time to pick up a veteran WR is after the draft when teams are looking to cut cap dollars as they bring in their draft picks and see who among the rookies and prospects can play, etc.

I don't want to bring in a cancer like Beckham. That brings the 'crazy' back into the Redskins dynamic and quite frankly one WR is not worth that much trouble. The Giants really haven't won anything since Beckham was drafted. You need more in other areas.

Also if you give up a #2 pick for Beckham let's say, you then have to guarantee him $17-$18M a year in an extended deal for him to accept the trade.

And then what do you do at DL, RB and depth on the OL with only #1 and #4 picks in the top 125 picks.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our final guest mock of the season and today's guest is Redskins superfan, Suzie. Last week we had Riggo's Rag analyst/blogger Ian Cummings provide us with some great insights into his guest mock. Today, Suzie has graciously given some of her time to present us with a superb mock for this week. She has always been a fan of the Redskins and you will usually find her at home games and various functions involving the team. Suzie often works with the Women of Washington and is always decorated in Redskins attire. She is constantly sending encouraging words on social media to coaches, front office personnel, players, and workers. She continuously posts pics of her beside many of these Redskins. Suzie is wholeheartedly devoted to her beloved team and possesses great information and knowledge on our favorite group of football players.

You can find Suzie on twitter at @whosuzieq and we highly recommend her as a follow.

I hope you appreciate the time and effort she put into this entry on our behalf. Her mock is presented here in our format with no editing from me, but BBQ has added some comments. I know you will like her recommended players. I certainly do.

FYI – this is the final guest mock of the season. BBQ is grateful to all of the guests who contributed to these mocks. Their insights have been helpful to me and I hope you have learned more about these many prospects.

Let's get right to Suzie's mock.

2018 Redskins Draft:

Round One: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Suzie probably believes that putting Smith next to Zach Brown in the middle would make for one of the best inside linebacker units in the league. We agree.

Round Two: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Michel is a brilliant talent at running back and could be an offensive rookie of the year candidate. She likely heard Redskins coaches talking last week about upgrading the running game.

Round Four: Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays St.
Suzie finds a small college prospect who will have a big time impact on the next level. BBQ believes that she has found a true hidden gem.

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB, Jacksonville St.
Suzie understands that Neal provides depth and maturity at both safety and cornerback. By taking the second small college prospect in a row, she realizes that both players could have a significant impact.

Round Six: Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
The Redskins need depth at the center position and Bozeman makes perfect sense here. Suzie continues to make great choices.

Round Seven: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Wieneke is an underrated prospect at wide receiver and could have a good impact in his first year. Suzie chooses the third small college prospect in this mock – all of them would be solid additions.

Round Seven: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Facyson is a talented prospect, but she knows that a special teams player is needed here and the Virginia Tech product has huge growth potential.

Thanks to Suzie for providing us with a great mock today.

BBQ hopes you enjoyed these perspectives from Redskins draft and free agent gurus as well as a superfan that we all like.

Tomorrow we will have the first of two mocks this week and a prospects list update on Thursday. We return Friday with the second mock of the week.

Hail To The Redskins!

Welcome to BGO and thanks for the interesting mock Suzie! :cheers:

Unfortunately a lot of folks seem to think you build from the outside in.

Other than QB you should do the opposite.

If you have a QB, good OL and good DL you can fill in at the other spots and win consistently.

My question is how much is enough at linebacker in re major acquisitions when we are short on DL, OG and depth there overall?

At linebacker we already have a top 15 pick in Ryan Kerrigan, a second round pick in Preston Smith starting at OLB with another #2 pick in Ryan Anderson on the roster.

Inside we have Brown, one of the NFL's leading tacklers over the past 3 years back on a new contract with Mason Foster also returning on a new deal.

Would it be nice to have another high pick in Roquan Smith here at LB?

Sure. And if we had a true two way DT inside I might say go for it. Or if we had ANY any quality depth on the OL, RB, S or CB.

In my mind you target DT Vea or Payne at #13 and then go RB in Round 2.

If you find a back with talent that is dropping you may want to move back in Round 2 and obtain another pick perhaps the #3 lost in the Smith trade or a #4 , and then take the RB.

With a #3 and #4 or two #4 's we can then address depth at ILB and OL.

Yeah I'm fairly positive that we need to go Vita or Payne @13, whichever has more upside. A trade down to gather another pick or 2 would be really nice w/ our 2nd rounder.

Suppose where my philosophy differs from everyone else is I believe we need to settle the G-spot. Having a dominant o-line across the board would do more for our offense than a rb, imho.

Back on the d-line subject, are we entertaining bringing back Phil Taylor?

Yeah I'm fairly positive that we need to go Vita or Payne @13, whichever has more upside. A trade down to gather another pick or 2 would be really nice w/ our 2nd rounder.

Suppose where my philosophy differs from everyone else is I believe we need to settle the G-spot. Having a dominant o-line across the board would do more for our offense than a rb, imho.

Back on the d-line subject, are we entertaining bringing back Phil Taylor?

Focusing on the g-spot always pays dividends.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 offseason and there are some changes, including a trade. The Redskins are evaluating more prospects each week and the draft is just under a month away. BBQ continues to cover the 2018 offseason now with multiple updates each week. This week we will go to two mocks (Today and Friday) and the frequency will increase as late April approaches.

The last of our guest mocks posted yesterday. Let us know if you want us to do this again next year.

The format for the mocks this offseason will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mock of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike or Free Safety (?)

Player Trade:
The Redskins trade strike safety Su'a Cravens to the Broncos for a third round pick.

Round One: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Jim Tomsula wants a big and powerful body in the middle of his defensive line and gets his wish.
Other Possible Targets:
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Derwin James, FS, Florida St.
Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.

Round Two: Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
The Redskins can't continue to rely on mid round prospects at running back and this is the year when the Redskins make a firm commitment to the running back corps.
Other Possible Targets:
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Harrison Phillips, DE/DT, Stanford
Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina St.
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Round Three: Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
With Spencer Long likely to leave in free agency and Shawn Lauvao not returning, the Redskins find their left guard of the future.
Other Possible Targets:
R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami
Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.
Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest
Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

Round Four: Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa
A Josey Jewell/Zach Brown tandem could produce one of the better inside linebacker duos in the league.
Other Possible Targets:
Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays St.
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond
Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB, Jacksonville St.
A versatile defensive back who could likely step in at the corner slot position immediately.
Other Possible Targets:
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa St.
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.

Round Six: K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Having depth and a great deal of flexibility along the offensive line helps the Hurricanes prospect.
Other Possible Targets:
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia
Poona Ford, DT, Texas

Round Seven: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Coming from a lesser known program and conference, Wieneke actually has excellent skills and is an underrated prospect.
Other Possible Targets:
Brendan Mahon, G/OT, Penn St.
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Troy Apke, FS, Penn St.
Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah

Round Seven: Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
A late round prospect who was a defensive tackle for the Huskies, but could also see time at end on the next level.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida

There is the latest mock of the 2018 offseason. We will have another mock on Friday and a prospects update tomorrow. The draft will be here before you know it, but we have many mocks in the weeks ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Now we have to hope he passes his physical before running away again.

Edit: Looking at the draft order, the 5th we get from them will either be the 23rd, or 26th pick of that round.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the weirder episodes in Redskins lore.

And that's saying something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.