• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

I was as unhappy as anyone when we didn't bring in another proven GM after Scot M. was let go. But I'm not as unhappy as some with what's happened since. My sense is Bruce would have final say over a personnel decision if it came to that, but that by and large they really do have "a process" now where the scouts, coaches, cap guy and Doug W. do the film and background work, and a decision is made as a group. I would love a tally sheet of how many times, if ever, Bruce actually had to cast a deciding vote on a move.

We finally went DL last year--I've been beating that drum for years. I continue to beat that drum. Nothing would make me happier, and feel better about the direction of the team, than landing a legit starting DL in FA, and using that first draft pick on another.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Today we take a look at the college prospects list. The Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine, And NFL Combine seem like they happened ages ago. Many prospects will meet with the Redskins this offseason and we will try to cover it all for you. BBQ is now separating this feature from the mocks this offseason. Each year the list becomes too long to be included with ongoing mocks.

We will continue to see college team pro days, private visits, team (Redskins) visits, interviews, and private workouts. BBQ will cover it all and post all relevant information here. If you come across any information, please post it here.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Matthew Thomas, LB, Florida St. – EW
Connor Hilland, OG, William & Mary – EW
Kentavius Street, DT, N.C. State – EW
Jordan Martin, CB/FS, Syracuse – EW
Bryce Bobo, WR, Colorado – EW
Malik Reaves, CB, Villanova – EW
Folorunso Fatukasi, DE, Connecticut – EW
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi – SB
Quin Blanding, SS/FS, Virginia – SB
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego St. – SB
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St. – SB
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St. – SB
Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise St. – SB
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa – SB, NFLC
Tyler Conklin, TE, Central Michigan – SB
Kameron Kelly, CB, San Diego St. – SB
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St. – SB
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon – SB
Cole Madison, OG, Washington St. – SB
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky – SB
Nyheim Hines, RB, N.C. State – NFLC
D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland – NFLC
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis – NFLC
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California – NFLC
Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio St. – NFLC
Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio St. – NFLC
Rick Leonard, OT, Florida St. – NFLC
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma – NFLC
Tony Brown, CB, Alabama – TPD
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall – TPD (Informal)
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond – TPD
Terrell Bonds, CB, Tennessee St. – TPD, TV
Darius Jackson, OLB/DE, Jacksonville St. – TPD
Dorian O'Daniel, ILB, Clemson – TPD
Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa – PW, TV
Devante Downs, ILB, California – TPD
Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan – PW

Team Pro Days Attended:
Marshall, Alabama, Auburn, Central Michigan, Washington St., Army, Fordham (Held at Columbia University), Columbia, Colorado, Purdue, Wisconsin, Fort Hayes St., Georgia St., Washington, Richmond, Jacksonville St., Oklahoma, Tennessee St., Virginia, Clemson, Oklahoma St., Virginia Tech, Louisiana State, UCLA, Syracuse, Delaware, North Carolina St., Oregon St., Nebraska, Arizona St., Wake Forest, Kansas St., Vanderbilt, Arizona, Middle Tennessee St., Old Dominion, Colorado St., Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Penn State, Florida St., California, Southern California, Boston College, Hawaii (Held at Azusa Pacific University near Los Angeles), Connecticut, Cincinnati.

These lists will continue to grow. Keep checking back regularly for updates.

Hail To The Redskins!

We finally went DL last year--I've been beating that drum for years. I continue to beat that drum. Nothing would make me happier, and feel better about the direction of the team, than landing a legit starting DL in FA, and using that first draft pick on another.

I have to work on my delivery, been saying since the start of FA and no one seems to see how important it is in light of what our division foes are doing...except you.A

Alas, I have the feeling my delivery doesn't matter...you are the BGO sage after all. ;)

Brother Om, you do understand had Jonathan Allen not fallen to 17, we probably don't draft a defensive lineman, right?

Need them to focus on that same position again. Sign Hankins and draft another one.

Well, nobody seems to be able to land Hankins yet. We're still in the running according to Keim.

And with the Giants switching to a 3-4, we have another team that might snatch Vea, or Payne, before we ever get a shot.

Well, nobody seems to be able to land Hankins yet. We're still in the running according to Keim.

And with the Giants switching to a 3-4, we have another team that might snatch Vea, or Payne, before we ever get a shot.

Unless they trade down, neither will go that early.

I hope you're right. I'd rather have Vea if he's there.

That's based on a conversation I overheard between a Robin and an earthworm.

I never saw Vea play, but I watched at least 4 Alabama games last year and Payne is the real deal.

We made THREE big investments on the OL with Williams, Moses and Scherff.

On defensive line only Allen sticks out and as mentioned his falling to #17 was a surprise, it's not like we moved up to grab him as a target.

My point is we seem to be too passive re the DL while it seems vital that we spend $20M a year for Norman at CB and continue to draft CB high each year.

We need to build from the inside out.

Eagles won the Super Bowl with Darby and Robinson at CB.

They got great pressure from Cox, Barnett, Graham and Long they didn't need to spend $20M on a Josh Norman.

Not that I think Norman is in fact a top 3-5 corner despite his payday.

FFS people, we've been screaming for help along the DL for years...this off-season gives us a good opportunity to shore up the positionS (Plural) of need along the DL through draft and FA for years to come with all the talent available in FA and the possibility that we'll get our choice of 2 good ones coming out of college. And think about it, 2 of those positions will be locked up in rookie contracts for the next 3 years in Allen and Vea or Payne if we do draft them.

Last edited:
I would think one of those 2 d-lineman HAVE to be our target at #13 . Then again we could always have an asshole team like the Colts and swoop in for the one we want, Ryan Kelly style.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michigan's potential first-round pick Mo Hurst has met with cardiologists at University of Michigan and Harvard, and they have cleared him to resume playing football, per league source. Hurst will do a full workout at Michigan's pro day on Friday.</p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/976888574825164801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

News on LB Ryan Anderson:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can't tell you about Samaje, but people in the org have been raving about Anderson. Got to work immediately. Slimmed down. Much quicker. We'll see how it translates come training camp and the season. <a href="https://t.co/v2rUWOSgOB">https://t.co/v2rUWOSgOB</a></p>— Craig Hoffman (@CraigHoffman) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigHoffman/status/976618031689412612?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 offseason and there are some changes, including a trade. The Redskins are evaluating more prospects each week and the draft is just over a month away. BBQ continues to cover the 2018 offseason now with multiple updates each week. Next week we will go to two mocks (Wednesday and Friday) and the frequency will increase as late April approaches.

We will not have a new guest mock on Monday, but we hope to have one more the following week.

The format for the mocks this offseason will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mock of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike or Free Safety (?)

Player Trade:
The Redskins trade strike safety Su'a Cravens to the Broncos for a third round pick.

Round One: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Jim Tomsula wants a big and powerful body in the middle of his defensive line and gets his wish.
Other Possible Targets:
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Derwin James, FS, Florida St.
Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.

Round Two: Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
The Redskins can't continue to rely on mid round prospects at running back and this is the year when the Redskins make a firm commitment to the running back corps.
Other Possible Targets:
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Harrison Phillips, DE/DT, Stanford
Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina St.
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Round Three: Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia
The commitment to the defensive line started in the previous draft and continues to be a focus one year later. Tomsula gets his wishes in this draft.
Other Possible Targets:
R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.
Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest
Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

Round Four: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
An ultra-versatile edge who knocks down passes often. Can drop back in coverage. Candidate for the hybrid role at strike safety in various packages.
Other Possible Targets:
Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays St.
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond
Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia
Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa

Round Five: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
The Redskins venture down the road and find a good inside linebacker who can also play special teams.
Other Possible Targets:
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa St.
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.

Round Six: Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Gallup was once a highly rated prospect and had a decent college career. Alex Smith would make him better.
Other Possible Targets:
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia
Poona Ford, DT, Texas

Round Seven: Troy Apke, FS, Penn St.
Speed, speed, and more speed. Should be an excellent special teams player. Can come in on passing downs and provide solid coverage.
Other Possible Targets:
Brendan Mahon, G/OT, Penn St.
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah

Round Seven: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
For the second year in a row the Redskins select a cornerback in the final round. An all-around good player who has regressed a bit, but is a good prospect.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida

There is the latest mock of the 2018 offseason. We will have another guest mock a week from Monday and return with two mocks of our own next week. The draft will be here before you know it, but we have many mocks in the weeks ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Brother Om, you do understand had Jonathan Allen not fallen to 17, we probably don't draft a defensive lineman, right?

Brother DP, thank you for pointing out that the possibility of a different outcome existed.

I do of course understand and appreciate that truth, which should be intrinsically apparent, for as noted by Brother El, I am the sage of BGO.

Need them to focus on that same position again. Sign Hankins and draft another one.

Whoa. Deja vu. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they trade down, neither will go that early.

We can only hope they take Vea at no. 2 because it opens the door to us getting an absolute STUD at 13... I have no confidence that this could actually happen, but who knows. It would throw a wrench into the whole situation and cause teams to re-think everything.

It's not a matter of pointing out different outcomes. It's more pointing out consistent patterns.
For whatever reason, the Redskins are loathe to spend high picks on Dlinemen.

Jonathan Allen,projected to go top ten last year, fell out of the heavens to 17 as if the football gods were beating the Redskins brass in the head with a golden hammer while screaming “ pick this lineman knuckleheads!”
Had that fortunate event not have occurred, I submit to you that we wouldn't have drafted one last year.

But you knew that already....😎

Kinda of pointless to live in the subjunctive. He dropped, the 'Skins drafted him. Every team in the league, including the Patriots, passed on Tom Brady a handful of times before he was drafted.

Looks like we've pulled our offer to Gallette... Maybe because we've signed McPhee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.