• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

We should be getting Vea or Payne and one of the guys in FA.

You guys, take a look at the most recent SB champion...that is a great example of how it needs to be done in today's NFL, the Seahwaks were the same when they won, even New England will give away draft picks in order to fill key positions of need in a trade or with a top tier free agent, while still drafting for need.

It takes draft and FA, and our FO has failed so far. Hankins should not have been let out the door, DCR either. And we should have at least explored Allen Robinson, while still signing Richardson.

I keep hearing about money, but this team has never truly had cap problems except when the bullshit NFL decision to take money from us because we unloaded cap space in a year where there was no cap.

Edit: I mean look at what Philly just did, they have one of the very best interior OL in the league, and traded to get another one while signing an aged Haloti Ngata. We should sign Hankins, bring in Suh for a year, and draft Vea.

Like I said before, those moves the Eagles are making are making them a better team, our moves have not made us a better team.

With about 9 million in spendable cap room we have to save 3-4 million for the draft plays that leaves 9 million left approximately how do you propose we sign Suh who wants 10+ million
Hankins I imagine wants around the same I'd imagine something close since he made 10.3 million this year. DRC wanted between 8-10 million

With about 9 million in spendable cap room we have to save 3-4 million for the draft plays that leaves 9 million left approximately how do you propose we sign Suh who wants 10+ million
Hankins I imagine wants around the same I'd imagine something close since he made 10.3 million this year. DRC wanted between 8-10 million

Move money around, it happens all the time.

We always know exactly what to do.
How much someone should cost.
Which players are best.
How to properly negotiate.
When to lowball.
Who to overpay.
Who to start.
Etc...,etc...,etc...

Except none of us actually do it for a living. It's just as possible that our FO people are better at their job, than we are at ours.

But I get it. It's fun to criticize. While not having the guts to pursue our natural calling of being "THE PERFECT GM".
Because we KNOW we could do better. We're smarter. We're infinitely more knowledgeable about the inner workings of an NFL front office. We know everything a FA is thinking, and therefore know exactly what it would take to sign them to a perfect contract. We know which 30+yr old is still a bad ass top notch performer, and which one is too old to cross the street alone.

And NONE of us have even the slightest bit of predetermined outcomes in our minds, concerning the abilities of anyone other than ourselves, when it come to running an NFL team.

We are TOO cute!

We always know exactly what to do.
How much someone should cost.
Which players are best.
How to properly negotiate.
When to lowball.
Who to overpay.
Who to start.
Etc...,etc...,etc...

Except none of us actually do it for a living. It's just as possible that our FO people are better at their job, than we are at ours.

But I get it. It's fun to criticize. While not having the guts to pursue our natural calling of being "THE PERFECT GM".
Because we KNOW we could do better. We're smarter. We're infinitely more knowledgeable about the inner workings of an NFL front office. We know everything a FA is thinking, and therefore know exactly what it would take to sign them to a perfect contract. We know which 30+yr old is still a bad ass top notch performer, and which one is too old to cross the street alone.

And NONE of us have even the slightest bit of predetermined outcomes in our minds, concerning the abilities of anyone other than ourselves, when it come to running an NFL team.

We are TOO cute!

Well, like any good manager, you should emulate a success story if you want to succeed, unless you are an innovator. Bruce Allen and innovator? I think not.

And I cannot accept mediocrity with my business or I would fail, miserably. Or are you referring to the bottom line of the team? Because they've been successful selling a sub par product to fans for 2 decades now.

Last edited:
Maybe not. But he was the George Young Executive of the Year in 2002.

How many of us were?

I'm guessing.............zero.

Maybe not. But he was the George Young Executive of the Year in 2002.

How many of us were?

I'm guessing.............zero.

Right, and Brian Billick won. Super Bowl in 2001 should we bring him in to coach? Or is he washed up too?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: the Lions are expected to bring in free agent DTs Johnathan Hankins and Alan Branch for a visit. Former Titans DT Sylvester Williams is also on their radar.</p>— Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/976458010653609984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Could be Hankins likes to see all of his options. Didn't he wait until April last offseason to finally sign with the Colts?

And in other Dline news....Didn't Miami's run D get worse after signing Suh? Thought I read that somewhere.

Have any of those guys signed anywhere yet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a> GM Chris Ballard, on with <a href="https://twitter.com/Grady?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Grady</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/KBowen1070?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KBowen1070</a>, talking the release of DT Johnathan Hankins:<br><br>“He didn't fit schematically what we're going to do. … This (4-3) defense is predicated on athleticism and speed.” Praised Hankins as player/man, but wants to move on.</p>— Andrew Walker (@AWalkerColts) <a href="https://twitter.com/AWalkerColts/status/976475842825150469?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Competition ...

Could be Hankins likes to see all of his options. Didn't he wait until April last offseason to finally sign with the Colts?

And in other Dline news....Didn't Miami's run D get worse after signing Suh? Thought I read that somewhere.

He signed April 16th last year and yes the dolphins run game went from 21 to 28 in yards per game when Suh signed if they got above 20th per game in his time there it was barely. Till Allen went out we were around 15th give or take to spots then the rest of the injuries continued to doom our run defense

Well, I doubt he'd be much worse than the loser we currently have as head coach.

Are you the CEO of a major company? Have you won a Grammy or Oscar? Do you have an Olympic Gold Medal?

Effing loser. :)

Are you the CEO of a major company?
No, but I knocked one up.

Have you won a Grammy or Oscar?
I had two Grammy's. One on my Dad's side. And one on my Mom's. Who slept with an Oscar.

Do you have an Olympic Gold Medal?
No. But at my 6th grade graduation ceremony, at school, where the powers that be decided it would be a good idea for students to draw each others names and get that person a gift, I received a Barbie Doll, and named the sex maniac of the school. Boom!

Effing loser. :)
No. Winning F'er!!!:hungry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.