• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

John Keim says the Redskins are leaving the door open for a Shawn Lauvao return.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 offseason and there are some changes. The combine ended last week in Indianapolis and the Redskins are evaluating more prospects. BBQ will continues to cover the 2018 offseason now with multiple updates each week.

We will have a new guest mock on Monday – be sure to look for it.

Free agency arrived this week and the 2018 offseason will now kick into high gear. The format for the mocks this offseason will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mock of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike or Free Safety (?)

Round One: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Jim Tomsula wants a big and powerful body in the middle of his defensive line and gets his wish.
Other Possible Targets:
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Derwin James, FS, Florida St.
Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech

Round Two: Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina St.
Leonard impressed during his final season in college and is still turning heads with his superior skills and athleticism. Solid against the run and pass.
Other Possible Targets:
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Round Four: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
An ultra-versatile edge who knocks down passes often. Can drop back in coverage. Candidate for the hybrid role at strike safety in various packages.
Other Possible Targets:
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St.
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond
Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia
Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB/ST, Jacksonville St.
A versatile defensive back who could likely step in at the corner slot position immediately.
Other Possible Targets:
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa St.
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.

Round Six: Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
A bigger/taller prospect that would have the luxury of learning behind a seasoned veteran. Long term starter potential.
Other Possible Targets:
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia
Poona Ford, DT, Texas

Round Seven: Troy Apke, FS, Penn St.
Speed, speed, and more speed. Should be an excellent special teams player. Can come in on passing downs and provide solid coverage.
Other Possible Targets:
Brendan Mahon, G/OT, Penn St.
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah

Round Seven: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
For the second year in a row the Redskins select a cornerback in the final round. An all around good player who has regressed a bit, but is a good prospect.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida

There is the latest mock of the 2018 offseason. We will have another guest mock on Monday and return with a mock of our own late next week. The draft will be here before you know it, but we have many mocks in the weeks ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Tyran Mathieu is looking for culture of winning, I guess McD5 can kiss that pipe dream good bye.

lol

Honey Badger is looking for a culture of money, winning will be used as a tie-breaker.

Doug Williams has now spoken more than once about addressing the running back position. Since it appears highly unlikely that happens in FA, I'll be very surprised if the 2nd rounder isn't used at that position.

My guess is a big boy on defense at 1, rb at 2, interior oline and defense the rest of the way.

Well, damn....

Two former ‘Skins people overpaid for, two failed physicals. Hope Buffalo checked out Trent's knee.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Seahawks' and Jets' DT Sheldon Richardson reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings, per source.</p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/974737460239495169?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So uh this <a href="https://twitter.com/ByKimberleyA?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ByKimberleyA</a> lede sorta makes me wonder who is making the personnel decisions over at 'ol Redskins Park <a href="https://t.co/eHPgNVx1L2">https://t.co/eHPgNVx1L2</a> <a href="https://t.co/zVz0sqi0w4">pic.twitter.com/zVz0sqi0w4</a></p>— Dan Steinberg (@dcsportsbog) <a href="https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/974742554729119745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We all pretty much know Doug Williams is just more or less a spokesman. Someone to trot out instead of Bruce, who really still plays "the football guy".

Confirmation is just nice once in a while.

Well, damn....

Two former ‘Skins people overpaid for, two failed physicals. Hope Buffalo checked out Trent's knee.

Our FO deserves atleast a tiny bit of credit here imo.

Our FO deserves atleast a tiny bit of credit here imo.

Indeed. Starting to wonder what they knew that they didn't publicly tell, for all the talk of them trying to roast Cousins going out door.

It seems to me atleast the last couple of seasons the Bruce is listening to his scouts, coaches and contract guys. The team is showing a much improved cap restraint and not giving in to ridiculous prices for our fa's. I can't knock the FO at this point in the off-season honestly.

So, I guess now all that angst about letting all of our preciously developed younger talent leave is dissipated? :laugh: :laugh:

We have Zach Brown under contract at ILB at reasonable market prices and we are allowing Buffalo to pay Trent Murphy $8M this year when he was slated to be Ryan Kerrigan's backup in Washington.

Meanwhile we let Ryan Grant go and signed a former second round draft choice in Paul Richardson who has a higher ceiling and is the same age as Grant. Grant then fails his physical so where he goes now is a question mark.

Looks now like Bashaud Breeland is going to need a skin graft operation to repair his foot injury incurred when diving in the Dominican Republic in the offseason. I wonder if he will be ready to play over the summer? It won't be in Carolina.

We had better sign DRC quick as Carolina is likely now to look for someone like him as a one year bridge at CB.

As far as Lauvao goes - every coach seems to have those one or two players they keep around one way or another despite the fact that almost all the outside observers think the club would be better off without them.

I remember Joe Gibbs keeping Vernon Dean around at CB for a couple of years after he seemed to be an easy target against our nickel and dime packages.

Despite the criticism he was on the opening day roster.

If Lava is back in a skins uniform then TyPo passed along the material he was holding as collateral. Rumor is a tape of Callahan performing GaGa's ‘born this way' drunk & wearing a mermaid costume in a Seaworld tank.

It seems to me atleast the last couple of seasons the Bruce is listening to his scouts, coaches and contract guys. The team is showing a much improved cap restraint and not giving in to ridiculous prices for our fa's. I can't knock the FO at this point in the off-season honestly.
Looks like to me the Breeland injury was just a freak thing that happened a few weeks ago opening up a wound from 4th grade which is infected.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-nullified-carolina-panthers-failed-physical

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.