• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Trent Murphy has just disappeared off the NFL map going to Buffalo.

Good luck, buddy.

The truth is with Kerrigan and Smith as starters making good salaries we can't afford to resign backups and give them starter or near starter money.

With Murphy there are red flags in re his injury and his suspension in 2017, but Buffalo gave him the money it took to land him THERE.

New England was interested but no doubt on a one year deal with incentives.

Ditto with Washington.

We did the right thing here and passed.

Again, it's what Buffalo has to offer guys to come play in an armpit.

BT....that's what we're going to have to offer good players to come here. We're not exactly the Patriots.

I expect Galette to leave as quickly as he possibly can and then we'll try to throw big money at Honey Badger.

Explains why he turned down those same Patriots.

First couple of days of free agency is when the big money but if you want a player you are going to have to. I like the Richardson pickup but he has been injury prone but he could at his price end up being a steal. I'm perfectly happy sitting back picking up a piece here a piece there and sticking to a draft plan, rather than chase the flavor of the month

Who are the teams throwing around money for a lot of contracts?

Browns, Jets, Dolphins. These are teams with a lot of holes and spare cap space.

A team like Seattle is now in rebuild mode, moving away from many of the players that helped win a Super Bowl 5 years ago.

Good teams like the Packers or Vikings are making those couple of targeted moves to try and get over the top in 2018.

But the Redskins don't fit any of these scenarios.

Unlike the Vikings, Patriots and Eagles we are not a sure fire contender adding a couple of big name pieces in free agency.

We aren't the Browns or Jets either whose fans have had about enough of their teams' mismanagement.

And we are not in tear down mode.

So, our approach should be relatively cautious the first few days after we got the QB and now a deep threat target for him to throw to.

That frees us up in the draft to take DL, CB or RB early.

The players we said goodbye to in free agency with the exception of Breeland got deals none of us would want to give them.

$8M for Trent Murphy to rotate in behind Kerrigan and Smith in 2018?

You can't afford to pay a backup that much and field a credible starting 22.

Ryan Grant is a #4 receiver. He's a tireless worker and smart player, yada yada BUT he lacks speed and fails to get separation, while lacking the size and hands to be a go-to possession receiver like Pierre was.

The Ravens were smoking crack giving him that much money.

Spencer Long is a ‘nice to have' player, meaning on a rookie contract you love to have him aboard as a contributor.

When it comes to that second contract, though, are you ready to count him in as part of you core group?

No, he's not that talented. Like Murphy and Grant, Long is replaceable and under the cap you can really only afford to give second or third contracts to your pro bowlers and younger players who have that kind of upside.

It's ironic that on a 7-9 team that was beset by injuries guys like these were first or second day targets by other clubs.

Only Long has a credible history of starting games for you. The others except for Breeland were mostly depth players during their time here.

Breeland it seems clear is not returning because of a mutual parting of the ways.

Breeland can play and play well. But he is inconsistent and evidently has a real ego about being a top corner, which he is not.

His performances show him to be a solid #2 corner.

The only surprise here is that Carolina was able to sign him at what appears to be a reasonable cost.

While some might be stewing with the overall lack of free agency activity on the part of the Redskins, the fact is that this is a relatively average FA class. It's honestly refreshing to see the team basically setting a price for guys they either wanted to retain or acquire from other rosters and sticking to it. It sends a message to the likes of Ryan Anderson , Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Josh Holsey, etc, (whom we will need pretty good contributions from in 2018) that the organization has some faith in them and hopefully they will respond positively. In an upcoming season where the eagles are clearly going to still be the class of the division, it might prove to be a smart choice to try and grow with some younger guys and add some impact players and immediate contributors via the draft.

I wonder if a new QB, plus no more Ryan Gruden, will get Quick more snaps and targets.

I like the approach so far, not freespending is how it should be. Now is where the college scouts earn their $ and create us a solid big board come draft day.

Without a 3rd rounder we're gonna need to hit this draft right on the nose in damn near every round.

Its really hard to believe Gruden and Quick want to spend 2018 together given how things played out last season.

With almost no production at WR at times when we really needed it in 2017, Quick was never really given a chance to play.

It's early and we still have the draft to go.

As of this second, this is the worst FA performace of the last 10 years.

Not because of who we didn't sign, but because of how many we lost. With only downgrades now to sign as replacements.

This is crap. Dan and Bruce should be ashamed.

This is Devin Thomas, Malcolm? Kelly complete bullshit. This is garbage.

Clean house.

Alex Smith extends plays with his feet and is more mobile than what KC was. His targets as of now are

WR's w/ size: Doctson 6'2”, Quick 6'3”, Harris 6'2”
speed: Richardson, Crowder, Marshall

TE's: Reed, Davis, Sprinkle
RB's: Thompson, Kelley, Perine

It's not a bad start imho, throw in some depth here and there and we're good. It seems to me damn near all our picks will be on D too. Focusing on d-line & lb primarily in the draft will set us up for the future

Let's not forget Robert Davis who was drafted last year as a developmental prospect at WR.

Quick fills Grant's role with Davis pushing him for time, maybe?

As far as the draft goes, LG has to be high on the list,right? Or do we sign Sitton, the former Bear, as a stop gap?

Alex Smith extends plays with his feet and is more mobile than what KC was. His targets as of now are

WR's w/ size: Doctson 6'2”, Quick 6'3”, Harris 6'2”
speed: Richardson, Crowder, Marshall

TE's: Reed, Davis, Sprinkle
RB's: Thompson, Kelley, Perine

It's not a bad start imho, throw in some depth here and there and we're good. It seems to me damn near all our picks will be on D too. Focusing on d-line & lb primarily in the draft will set us up for the future

I'm with you here.

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that Doctson just lacked chemistry with Kirk and that Smith can unlock him. We've seen it before where a QB and a WR just seem to click. RGIII and Garcon seemed like that and maybe Smith and Doctson could be that pairing. Who knows, but I'm interested to see if they can get on the same page.

I'm happy with our WR corps. It could be better, but tbh it's not a bad bag of players.

I'd much rather see us spend out money and picks in other areas where I feel we truly need the help. Depth on D I think is crucial and I'd like a stud RB to really open up the offense.

Part of building through the draft should included extending those you draft and like before they become free agents. Especially if you have no hope of getting comparable talent. I've yet to see any team build a contender on compensatory picks.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Today we take a look at the college prospects list. The Senior Bowl and the East-West Shrine game seem like it happened ages ago and the NFL Combine ended last week. Many prospects will meet with the Redskins this offseason and we will try to cover it all for you. BBQ is now separating this feature from the mocks this offseason. Each year the list becomes too long to be included with ongoing mocks.

Soon we will see college team pro days, private visits, team (Redskins) visits, interviews, and private workouts. BBQ will cover it all and post all relevant information here. If you come across any relevant information, please post it here.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Matthew Thomas, LB, Florida St. – EW
Connor Hilland, OG, William & Mary – EW
Kentavius Street, DT, N.C. State – EW
Jordan Martin, CB/FS, Syracuse – EW
Bryce Bobo, WR, Colorado – EW
Malik Reaves, CB, Villanova – EW
Folorunso Fatukasi, DE, Connecticut – EW
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi – SB
Quin Blanding, SS/FS, Virginia – SB
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego St. – SB
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St. – SB
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St. – SB
Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise St. – SB
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa – SB, NFLC
Tyler Conklin, TE, Central Michigan – SB
Kameron Kelly, CB, San Diego St. – SB
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St. – SB
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon – SB
Cole Madison, OG, Washington St. – SB
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky – SB
Nyheim Hines, RB, N.C. State – NFLC
D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland – NFLC
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis – NFLC
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California – NFLC
Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio St. – NFLC
Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio St. – NFLC
Rick Leonard, OT, Florida St. – NFLC
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma – NFLC
Tony Brown, CB, Alabama – TPD
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall – TPD (Informal)
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond – TPD
Terrell Bonds, CB, Tennessee St. – TPD, TV
Darius Jackson, OLB/DE, Jacksonville St. – TPD, TV

Team Pro Days Attended:
Marshall
Alabama
Auburn
Washington St.
Colorado
Purdue
Wisconsin
Georgia St.
Richmond
Oklahoma
Tennessee St.
Jacksonville St.
Virginia

These lists will continue to grow. Keep checking back regularly for updates.

Hail To The Redskins!

Last edited:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Panthers?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Panthers</a> are signing former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Falcons</a> DT Dontari Poe to a 3-year deal, source said, worth between $9M and $10M per year. Big signing for Carolina.</p>— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974361272258060289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another NT gone

Bennie Logan or Bust now?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.