• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

What odds are you guys laying on them tagging Cousins?

I think there's only about a 10% chance of it happening. I just see too many pitfalls and we don't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to prevailing on controversial moves :)

I'd say roughly 0% chance... give or take.

Been watching the football news unfold today on twitter and noticing how every player released is being propped by Redskins fans. We do have a very smart fan base, but there are more than just a few who consume drunk berries each morning.

Been watching the football news unfold today on twitter and noticing how every player released is being propped by Redskins fans. We do have a very smart fan base, but there are more than just a few who consume drunk berries each morning.
BB, from what you've been able to gather, will the Redskins be very active in free agency this year?

BB, from what you've been able to gather, will the Redskins be very active in free agency this year?

Not really. I imagine two players of decent caliber from other teams will be signed. We'll try to sign most of our own FAs. Then I expect a few no-name types, including a special teams player or two.

I'd expect some moves in FA. They've got some money to spend and they gave up their 3rd round pick in the Smith deal. So do you trade down at some point to fatten up something in the mid rounds? I'd think not especially considering the cost of signing some of their own FA's. Breeland, probably something North of $6M @ year (if that's what you wanna do) but after that, money wise, it's like Brown, Pryor & Grant possibly Murphy & maybe Long - none of these guys break the bank. Again, provided you want to re-sign these guys, just sayin' how they hit the pocketbook.

Last edited:
https://first-pick.com/

If you guys/gals want to play GM for free, go here.

I always find that this game is very helpful in getting a good thumb nail sketch of most of the draft eligible players.

Have fun and if it's OK with BB and the staff(?), post some of your results here!

Maybe we have a future GM in our midst?

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 offseason and there are some changes. The combine arrives next week and the Redskins will be evaluating more prospects. BBQ will cover the combine with periodic updates.

We hope you enjoyed the guest mock earlier in the week. It was nice of Robbie Duncan to share some of his thoughts and give us more insights from another perspective. We will have another mock next week from a surprise guest.

Free agency is inching closer and the 2018 offseason is now gaining some steam. The format for the mocks this offseason will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mocks of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back (?)
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike Safety (?)

Round One: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Jim Tomsula wants a big and powerful body in the middle of his defensive line and gets his wish.
Other Possible Targets:
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio St.
Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/SS/FS, Alabama
Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech

Round Two: Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.
Some have Guice listed as a first rounder, but it is likely he falls to the second round. He is a powerful and elusive runner who would significantly upgrade the rushing corps/attack.
Other Possible Targets:
Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Round Four: Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech
With Spencer Long likely to leave in free agency and Shawn Lauvao not returning, the Redskins find their left guard of the future.
Other Possible Targets:
Justin Jones, DT, North Carolina St.
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St.
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB/ST, Jacksonville St.
A versatile defensive back who could likely step in at the corner slot position immediately.
Other Possible Targets:
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa St.
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.

Round Six: Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
A bigger/taller prospect that would have the luxury of learning behind a seasoned veteran. Long term starter potential.
Other Possible Targets:
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia
Poona Ford, DT, Texas

Round Seven: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Coming from a lesser known program and conference, Wieneke actually has excellent skills and is an underrated prospect.
Other Possible Targets:
Brendan Mahon, G/OT, Penn St.
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Cam Phillips, WR, Virginia Tech
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington

Round Seven: Darren Carrington, WR, Utah
Carrington has the talent to go higher in the draft, but comes with a couple of off the field issues. He has been a model citizen since and could be a moderate risk-high reward player.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida

There is the latest mock of the 2018 offseason. We will have another guest mock early next week and return with a mock of our own late next week. The draft will be here before you know it, but we have many mocks in the weeks and months ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Would love the first 2 picks - but I'm somewhat skeptical Guice will be there as he is getting a lot of hype leading up to the draft. Fingers crossed. Litton? I don't know much about the guy ... a quick glance at some draft profiles is encouraging though.

Walter Football
Chase Litton*, QB, Marshall
Height: 6-6. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5.
2/10/18: Litton completed 60 percent of his passes in 2017 for 3,115 yards with 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. In speaking with team evaluators, Litton is a love/hate prospect, depending on whom you ask. Litton was a surprising early entry into the 2018 NFL Draft. Litton has played well over his first two seasons in college football. As a sophomore, he completed 62 percent of his pass for 2,612 yards with 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions. The freshman completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,605 yards with 23 touchdowns and eight interceptions the year before. Litton is a tall quarterback who could use more weight on his frame.

Rotoworld
Litton (6'6/207) was an incredibly consistent quarterback during his three years at Marshall, throwing for at least 23 touchdowns in each of his campaigns with the Thundering Herd. He figures to be an interesting evaluation over the coming months. Walter Football's Charlie Campbell refers to him as a "love/hate prospect" depending on the evaluator. CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso, for one, tabbed him as one of the more underrated prospects in the country near the end of October, citing a "Jimmy Garoppolo-like delivery." Just where Litton might fall in the draft has some variance to it -- we wouldn't be shocked to see him off the board late on Day 2, nor would we be surprised if he slid to near the end of Day 3 or even went undrafted altogether.

I'm a Lauletta fan so I'd like us to grab him.

Can we seek trades via this forum and a Chargers forum? You know both teams would certainly approve of such a move. The NFL - not so much.

I'm thinking Ax for ChargersDude and a member to be named later.

Ax can stay, but this other guy...there can only be one Cap D "Dude" here, and he cain't foller no dang other team!!

The mocks we do now reflect possibilities, not a strong or probable likelihood. Will Guice go in the first or drop to the second? There are two schools of thought out there and while BBQ is sure that a RB is not going to be taken in the first round, we are going to present some supposed options for now. As we get into late March, the mocks will reflect what we consider to be realistic options. FA and the combine will be keys to what is mocked later next month.

As for Litton, he is a good option on day three and would have time to learn from a very good veteran. He has good mechanics and a quick release on his passes. Very good accuracy. Needs to add about fifteen pounds of muscle - a task that shouldn't be too difficult.

Re: Lauletta - I had him rated in yesterday's mock as one to watch in the sixth round. That portion of the mock was completed by Wednesday night and there was no time to change it. I say this after hearing from more than one reliable source on Thursday and Friday that Lauletta is highly regarded at Redskins Park. These sources say that if he is there in the 4th round, the pick will be made. It remains to be seen if the Skins can add a third rounder somehow, but if they can, look for Lauletta to be a target.

We'll make these adjustments for next week.

'We' - you haven't developed more personalities, have you :) ? Just the one is plenty glorious enough..lol...

I hear you on probability, although let's be honest - that's probably the most important aspect of a mock. It's an impossibility to know which mocks will be closest to correct because we don't know what each team will do. To me, there are two reasons why mock drafts are important. One (and probably most important) is that it gives members the opportunity to learn who all of these prospects are and to get some sense of the general consensus on their strengths and weaknesses. The other reason I love them (and particularly yours because they are so well researched) is that they allow us to try and gauge/anticipate what might actually 'go down', especially in round 1.

Anyway, keep them coming!

Yes, we have a secretary, lawyers, and a cat here. Oh - and a couple of spiders on occasion.

As for the research, I am taking a break for a few hours. Plan to spend another couple of hours this evening looking at TEs. Wish there was a healthy foods delivery service nearby. Maybe the secretary can make a food run shortly.

Yes, we have a secretary, lawyers, and a cat here. Oh - and a couple of spiders on occasion.

As for the research, I am taking a break for a few hours. Plan to spend another couple of hours this evening looking at TEs. Wish there was a healthy foods delivery service nearby. Maybe the secretary can make a food run shortly.

I don't know how you do it brother, but it is certainly appreciated! I can barely manage going to work, being a decent husband/dad, and running a little Redskins forum. No idea where you find the time and energy but thank you! :cheers:

As you know, I am probably sidelined medically for the rest of my life. The docs give me some leeway as they know I am a workaholic and doing this for BGO is a great way to fill idle time and stay busy. The same with the weather. Ditto for any classes I take. So being productive in this way is truly helpful for both sides.

While I am not a husband, the daughter and grandkids keep me going too - obviously in a good way.

I'm thankful for the opportunities here. Also grateful for the contacts on social media that gives BGO an even bigger presence and audience.

if Vea is on the board I would like to see him, otherwise I would prefer to get the best G/OT available and continue building an oline. target that safety from the rams if he doesnt break the bank in fa and keep building up our O and Dlines, in another 2 years we will be ready to start taking gambles.

I don't think there's any way we go OL with pick 13. Just don't see it personally... Who is the guy in this draft that you think is so good it would entice them to go that high for an O lineman Ryan? Now if there was a dominant LT available and they were worried about Trent Williams health (or were drafting his successor) I'd think it were more likely - but I don't sense we're at that point with him yet, are we?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.