• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In Alex Smith trade, Chiefs will receive third-round pick And CB Kendall Fuller, per <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@FieldYates</a>. So there's the trade.</p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958549939398815744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In Alex Smith trade, Chiefs will receive third-round pick And CB Kendall Fuller, per <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@FieldYates</a>. So there's the trade.</p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958549939398815744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thank God.

Mannnnn im safe! I ain't get traded.

--Kendall Fuller

WAIT.

Which is true ???

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kendall Fuller is now telling his teammates that he is headed to the Chiefs in the Alex Smith deal. He was one of the last people to find out. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a></p>— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) <a href="https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/958561892087271425?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>

"This front office isn't that bad"

"There are competent people in the front office"

They just gave up a 3rd and the best young slot corner in the NFC, arguably the league, for a 34 yr old Qb that Andy Reid no longer wanted.

We're run by Harry and Lloyd.

Okay, now that the Stat Boy era has ended, the team can move forward and make decisions about the team.
Instead of being held hostage by the Greedy Lying Bastard and his God(Agent).

So then, my question is for BB, or whomever else might know the answer, or for one of our Twitter guys to pose to an Adam Schefter.

Can the Redskins now transition tag #8 , match whatever offer sheet he receives, and then trade him to that team, for a pick or 2?

Can the Redskins now transition tag #8 , match whatever offer sheet he receives, and then trade him to that team, for a pick or 2?

I'm sure technically they can, cap-willing at the time they franchise him.

So we give up Fuller and a 3rd round pick for a 34 yr old QB. Think someone needs to tell Trump to drain the swamp in Ashburn first.

Okay, now that the Stat Boy era has ended, the team can move forward and make decisions about the team.
Instead of being held hostage by the Greedy Lying Bastard and his God(Agent).

So then, my question is for BB, or whomever else might know the answer, or for one of our Twitter guys to pose to an Adam Schefter.

Is Alex Smith worth 24 million per and 70 + guaranteed or is he an old lying greedy bastard too?

Is Alex Smith worth 24 million per and 70 + guaranteed or is he an old lying greedy bastard too?
No, he's not worth the money. But his accomplishments are worth more than the Greedy Lying Bastard's.

And, as of this writing, he has not lied to this fanbase.

He's also not as old as the guy playing in the Super Bowl, going for back to back wins.

Why do you hate the old? ;)

No, he's not worth the money. But his accomplishments are worth more than the Greedy Lying Bastard's.

And, as of this writing, he has not lied to this fanbase.

He's also not as old as the guy playing in the Super Bowl, going for back to back wins.

Why do you hate the old? ;)

I don't.

Just this current management team.

They couldn't run a nickel lemonade stand.

Hate has consumed you, my friend.

Not healthy.

You would be right.

Believe me, I know I need to let this go.

My kids ask me if we used to be good and I always revel in telling them about the 80's. How we were a perennial contender with the smartest coach in the league and a GM and front office second to none.

Makes me sad to see what we're reduced to now.

Sad and tiring.

Well then, look at the bright side. If the sky is really falling, we'll go 2-14 next year. Then Bruce and Gruden will be gone. And Snyder will be another year closer to his death!

There's always a silver lining. Your mindset is a choice that you alone make. Can't blame it on anyone, or anything, but ourselves.

Well, one of the reasons I am not pleased we have a soon to be 34 year old quarterback on board is this team unlike the Patriots are not nearing in talent-wise on being a legit Super Bowl contender.

So, any considerations of 'hating the old' have to be put in suspension when you consider that at age 28 or 30 Brady was already a HOF quality player when Smith at 28 was still considered to be a mild bust as a #1 overall pick.

These are not comparable players.

What this means with the guaranteed money now given to Smith is that the Redskins need to come up with TWO possession/intermediate range wide receivers for the short-track WCO that Smith runs best.

Right now we don't have those players on this roster, our receivers don't as a rule run great routes or have great hands.

The need is for 2018 as again Smith is 34.

We can't wait to draft wide receivers in Rounds 4 or 5 and hope they develop over the next 2-3 years.

We need guys that can produce in 2018.

How will this impact bringing in free agents? Will our current guys want out of dodge? The way the past two years have been handled can't give instill confidence among the players.

The Redskins need to be active in free agency in finding wide receivers for this offense and what Smith does well.

We have to look at veterans that run precise routes and have sure hands. That doesn't describe our current crop.

You could make an argument this group of receivers was the worst in the NFC in 2017 overall.

There wasn't ONE guy you could COUNT on to make a play.

Of course, it could also be that Brother McD is right. That Gruden's offense has guys open on every play. And that Stat Boy wasn't finding them with enough regularity.

If Ryan Grant turns into an 80 catch, 1,100 yard 6 touchdown wunderkind in the WCO for Smith in 2018 all I have to say is 'Dilly-Dilly' for him :laugh:

Seriously, though I don't think after making this trade that you can count on that.

Smith needs at least one veteran receiver (assuming Reed is healthy) like a Danny Amendola or Chris Hogan that is a reliable pair of hands for his qb on third downs and making key conversions.

Perhaps Docston is in line to become a career Alvin Harper and his value to the team is strictly down the field for the occasional big play and drawing off the coverages on the other side.

We shall see.

Ole Scot McCloughan's 2016 draft class in terms of #1 and #2 picks ain't looking too good right now.

We could have beefed up the DL, come up with a rushing attack, solidified the safety position or brought in an impact inside linebacker but instead we went with a WR that has all of these 'mystery' injuries and evidently has Rod Gardner's disease of being a 50/50 receiver.

Su'a Cravens just doesn't have an NFL mindset. If you are afraid of getting hit, you don't belong in the league unless you are a kicker or punter.

Last edited:
threw this out there on another platform, wanted to see what yall thought

I'm not a fan of letting Fuller go, but I keep finding myself asking the question.... whats worse?

Colt McCoy @ QB with Fuller on Defense

Alex Smith @ QB without Fuller on Defense...

The draft pick stings a bit, but a 3rd rounder isn't a sure fire starter.. could be a rotational piece that has a role, or luck box into a guard that might be ready to start in 2 years. The other thing that this does is it helps us in free agency, as well as player retention. If we go to any valued WR or RB and present a contract offer, the first thing they will look at is who is under center.. Offering a 'fair' offer with the idea that Colt McCoy is the plan 'for now' while we figure it out is going to be a major red flag. Having Alex Smith for the next 4 years could be the difference between them signing here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.