• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Looks like Samaje will back up AP.

There has been a lot of bad advice by agents the past couple of years. This is happening all across the league. These guys need to stop getting fooled by the people they are supposed to trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Galette had an offer to stay here. Now he's farting in his couch cushions waiting for the phone to ring. At least he knows.

Is it bad that I automatically ass/u/me that there is an angle to that interview, considering it's from 106.7?

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ. Hello to everyone on social media. We'd love to have you as a member here and become a part of the family. We hope your week is going well.

Free agency is over. The draft is history. Training camp ended last month. Preseason has passed into the history books. The regular season is here. In this next to final entry for the off-season blog, BBQ takes a final look at free agency, the draft, and how the 2018 roster was shaped.

No more questions for this off-season. It is time to get the season started.

We will have a dedication tomorrow in the final entry for this blog. A short time later we will post the new in-season blog for 2018.

Let's take a final look.

Free Agents Obtained:
Paul Richardson, WR – (Signed Five Year Deal, 3/15/18)
Sam Irwin Hill, P – (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/16/18, Released)
Orlando Scandrick, CB (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/19/18, Released)
Pernell McPhee, OLB (Signed One Year Deal, 3/26/18)
Adrian Peterson, RB (Signed One Year Deal, 8/20/18)
Caleb Brantley, DE (Signed One Year Deal, 9/3/18)

Free Agents Re-signed:
Quinton Dunbar, CB/ST – (Signed Three Year Deal, 1/1/18)
Mason Foster, ILB – (Signed Two Year Deal, 1/25/18)
Deshazor Everett, SS/ST – (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/6/18)
Dustin Hopkins, K – (Signed Three Year Deal, 3/12/18)
Brian Quick, WR – (Signed One Year Deal, 3/14/18, Released)
Zach Brown, ILB – (Signed Three Year Deal, 3/15/18)
Phil Taylor, DT – (Signed One Year Deal, 4/3/18, Released)
Ty Nsehke, OT – (Signed One Year Deal, 4/16/18)
Tony Bergstrom, C – (Signed One Year Deal, 4/16/18)
Shawn Lauvao, OG (Signed One Year Deal, 5/4/18)

Exercised Option:
Brandon Scherff, OG

Trade:
Alex Smith, QB
Kevin Hogan, QB (Released)

Contract Extension:
Alex Smith, QB (Four Year Extension, Five Years Total)

Draftees:
1. Daron Payne, DL
2. Derrius Guice, RB
3. Geron Christian, OT
4. Troy Apke, FS
5. Tim Settle, DT
6. Shaun Dion Hamilton, ILB
7. Greg Stroman, CB/PR
7. Trey Quinn, WR/PR

Newest Practice Squad Additions:
Simmie Cobbs
Matt Flanagan
Kapri Bibbs
Darvin Kidsy
Kenny Ladler
Timon Parris
JoJo Wicker
Nic Shimonek

Injured Reserve:
Derrius Guice, RB
Anthony Lanier, DE
Arie Kouandjio, OG
Manasseh Garner, TE
Robert Davis, WR
Tyler Catalina, OG

It's September. It's time for football. The season starts on Sunday.

Hail To The Redskins!

There has been a lot of bad advice by agents the past couple of years. This is happening all across the league. These guys need to stop getting fooled by the people they are supposed to trust.

Galette had an offer to stay here. Now he's farting in his couch cushions waiting for the phone to ring. At least he knows.

I'm wondering if Johnathan Hankins, who is still unsigned for apparently mystery reasons, has also put himself in basically the same position as Gallette, by pricing himself out of the market.

Josh Keyes is the textbook definition of journeyman backup linebacker.
He's played for 6 teams in 3 years, which is 2 teams per year. And has never started a game.
My best guess is he's a Special Teams guy, sort of like Chris Carter was last year ?
Even that may be an exaggeration, as he's been released a total of TEN times in 3 years, and spent
most of that time on the PS. Chris Carter actually looks like a Pro Bowler compared to this guy.
Surely he wasn't the best LB available ?
With the logjam we have at LB, how does he make the 53, instead of the PS, like he did mostly everywhere else.
And in place of the other guys we cut that were seemingly more talented

Last edited:
The Rule of 51 expired for all teams a few minutes ago from the timing of this post. And that means the regular season is here.

One more formal entry coming later this morning in this blog.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

A Special Dedication:​

This off-season blog actually started at the end of 2017. The 2017 season was basically over and it was time to focus on the upcoming off-season. The reasoning was simple. So much uncertainty surrounded Kirk Cousins and how the Redskins would proceed. Another tag? A trade? A new contract? No one really knew, so that is why we had two types of mock drafts each week in January.

That start to the off-season would be the busiest ever for BBQ and so many of you were engaged in the process. Then suddenly, without warning, a trade did occur. However, it was a major curve ball that no one was able to predict. From there, the off-season took a completely different turn.

In late December, I briefly lost contact with a very good friend for a few days. I figured the holiday season was keeping him busy and I needed to get the new off-season BBQ blog going anyway. Then the news hit. He had a heart attack.

The two of us stayed in contact over the years via email, texting, and social media, especially Twitter. During the colder months, he would tease me about the weather where he lived (Daytona, FL area). We had a unique bond - one that extended beyond being fellow Redskins fans.

Arthur Haszard (HapHaszard) was the long time “News Hound” at Extremeskins (aka, “the other place”). I have been a blogger here at BGO for a number of years. Both of us would provide content for our forums of choice (his was daily and pure Redskins news and most of mine have been opinion blogs) over the years. As a result, we formed a wonderful bond and friendship.

We had planned to meet in August, 2017 for the solar eclipse in east-middle Tennessee. The huge volumes of traffic kept us apart unfortunately and we had to simply text one another from our locations about the celestial experience. We still vowed to meet in the future.

After his return to social media from the heart attack, I wished him well and a speedy recovery. He did the same for me after I had a stroke June, 2016. A little later in January, he seemed to be back to his usual humorous self and we were talking about the Redskins once again.

Then it happened. Arthur suddenly passed away on January 28. Many members of ES and BGO were stunned. We lost a good friend. For many months, it seemed so strange to not see a morning message from Hap or a friendly jab about the weather in Daytona. No more advice from him about the blog. No more discussing what the Redskins would do in free agency and the draft.

I miss Hap's wonderful friendship, but his memory lives on at ES with the news forum being named after him (along with Bubba). That is a fitting tribute for a truly magnificent person.

This is the final formal entry for the 2018 BBQ off-season blog. It has surpassed all the other off-season blogs with numbers I never could've imagined. Each of you made that possible. I don't know if we will break these lofty records next year, but this off-season was one for the record books here at BGO. Thank you.

Burner's Burning Questions - Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018 is fondly dedicated to the memory of Arthur “HapHaszard” Haszard – the one and only – News Hound.

What an awesome act of remembrance BB. People who have never experienced how a friendship can be forged on an online community don't understand how important and meaningful they can be. The best friendship I have ever had in my life began with friendly banter on a discussion forum. Fortunately for me, I finally met the human behind the keyboard and we are friends in RL today. I'm sad for you that you never got to take it to that next step, although I also know that in no way dimishes the meaning of the friendship and how important it was for both of you guys.

I didn't know Hap other than through his work on ES - but I know him through his posts, and I know that it was a great shock and loss for that board. I worry sometimes that when folks drift away from a community or outright disappear - is it boredom or loss of interest or real life demands, or has something happened to them. Unless a loved one, friend, or family member reaches out - we'll never know for sure. I'm glad that in Hap's case, someone did so and that the people that he meant a lot to had the opportunity to express their sadness and how they felt about him.

Great post Ken and although we have said it over and over, we are appreciative and grateful for your tireless (and uncompensated) contributions to our community. We do not take it for granted. You're an awesome member and contributor :cheers:

Here's to the late, great HapHaszard!

JP Holtz is back after all.

I don't see any of the other TEs on the roster really being able to fill the FB role in case that's what Peterson ultimately needs for the running game to get going. To me this is an insurance policy for the team re a player that fits that 'H-back' role.

Both Galette and Hankins will be on rosters as early as Week 2.

The rate of attrition in this league is so severe that it's almost guaranteed there are going to be injuries each week and teams are going to be reaching out to guys, even some who have 'retired' over the summer. Just watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.