• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

He was charged with knocking some woman out with a punch in 2017. Charges supposedly dropped. Was projected to go early 2nd round but that incident dropped him to 6th round pick for Browns. Seems like based on talent level they would've kept him?

Not understanding why you cut Lanier, who may be injured. 5 sacks in 2017, big talented kid only 25, to make room for Brantley who hasn't proven a thing yet (on or off the field). Twitter rumors are that Lanier was on the bubble and almost didn't make the 53 due to his struggles against the run. Still - why not cut a PS guy if you love Brantley?

Last edited:
Lanier eligible for Practice Squad?

I swear..... The league needs to expand the roster to 60 and knock off this nonsense of only allowing 44-45 to be active for game day.

Lanier eligible for Practice Squad?

I swear..... The league needs to expand the roster to 60 and knock off this nonsense of only allowing 44-45 to be active for game day.

I get that adding roster spots increases expense for owners, but sheesh - given the profit margin it's really difficult to understand why they haven't already made this decision. Injuries are really hurting the product on the field as seasons progress now.

I get that adding roster spots increases expense for owners, but sheesh - given the profit margin it's really difficult to understand why they haven't already made this decision. Injuries are really hurting the product on the field as seasons progress now.

Yup, they should be able to field 53 on game days, not 48, and the roster should sit at 60, with a PS of 10-12....and make it harder to pluck the talent from another team so teams can actually develop players again.

My thoughts as I was listening to Rob here was that he seems like a great guy and it makes me ashamed for all of the Redskin 'fan' tweeters who gut the guy on a daily basis. It's embarassing. Fans should show some class and demonstrate at least a little respect when trashing players. We forget these guys are real people. Glad he's on our team.

The team has pretty much all good-natured players.
That's one thing I noticed about our FO. They do a real good job of finding high-character guys.
That has an added benefit, in the evident fact that we have such a super tight-knit group, too.
Like the tight friendship that developed between CT and Guice.
CT only knew the guy for a few months, and already they're so close that CT was in tears over Guice's injury.

I think there were two concerns with Lanier.

One is that he is a part-timer, not a candidate to be a 3 down player vs run and pass.

So he would not be a true full-in for one of the starters if they went down.

Second, despite seeing limited action he seems to be nursing injuries again and could be out several weeks.

Brantley is a better fit for the 3-4 and a candidate to help on run downs.

Well - that's going to be true for every player on the waiver wire :) I think sometimes players are waived because they can't play, but also because they prove not to be a good fit for some reason, or as you mentioned, because of depth or a logjam at a certain position.

Plus the Browns drop and add players quicker than freshmen drop/add classes 😆😆😆

Two more entries into this blog - one more free agency/roster update once the Byron Marshall news is known and who will fill that roster spot. The other will be a dedication - a first. Hope to wrap it up by Thursday. Of course, more replies and discussions are always encouraged for as long as anyone desires.

The new in-season blog arrives soon.

Gruden indicated he had ligament damage. Something's not adding up if Marshall says he's close to returning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.