• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

I'm done with Cousins. I don't want him back in 2018 - period. He's managed to move me to Brother Ax's position. Let the Colt McCoy era begin...

I've found myself sliding down the same slope...

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ. The Redskins made some noise last week as another one of their pending free agents inked a new deal. Free agency, the draft, and training camp will be here before you know it. This is our fifth free agency update for the 2018 offseason and the last one this month.

The big question mark still remains at quarterback. It's very early in this process and we really don't know how all of it will unfold. As we get closer to free agency, things will be somewhat clearer. Will Kirk Cousins sign a new long term deal? Will he be tagged with the franchise or transition tender? Is the team going to let him walk? Those are the biggest questions to be answered in the coming weeks.

Who will we target in free agency? Who will we re-sign? Who will we not re-sign? Who will get released? Feel free to offer your opinions and predictions.

We take the latest chatter from Redskins Park and media pundits as BBQ tries to formulate what could happen in the coming days, weeks and months.

Free Agents Obtained:

Free Agents Re-signed:
Quinton Dunbar, CB/ST – (Signed Three Year Deal, 1/1/18)
Mason Foster, ILB – (Signed Two Year Deal, 1/25/18)

Restricted Free Agents:
Ty Nsehke, OT – (Very Likely Tendered)
Deshazor Everett, SS/ST – (Very Likely Tendered)

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:
Dare Ogunbowale, RB – (Unknown)
Tyler Catalina, OG – (Very Likely Tendered)

Contract Extension:

Pending Free Agents:
Kirk Cousins, QB – (Biggest Question Mark Of All)
Terrelle Pryor, WR – (Likely Walks)
Shawn Lauvao, OG – (Very Likely Walks)
Niles Paul, TE/ST – (Unknown)
Spencer Long, OG/C – (Likely Walks)
Ryan Grant, WR – (Probably Re-signs)
DeAngelo Hall, FS – (Very Likely Retires)
Arthur Jones, DT – (Probably Walks)
Zach Brown, ILB – (Unknown)
Bashaud Breeland, CB – (Very Likely Walks)
Will Compton, ILB – (Unknown)
Trent Murphy, OLB – (Unknown)
Junior Galette, OLB – (Unknown)
Chris Carter, LB/ST – (Unknown)
Tony Bergstrom, C – (Very Likely Walks)
Brian Quick, WR – (Likely Walks)
Zach Vigil, ILB – (Possibly Re-signs)
Phil Taylor, DT – (Unknown)
Dustin Hopkins, K – (Very Likely Re-signs)

Possible Release Candidates:
Keith Marshall, RB – (Cap Savings, $33K – Dead Cap, $538.6K)
Byron Marshall, RB – (Cap Savings, $630K – Dead Cap, $0)
Jordan Reed, TE – (Cap Savings, $5.2M – Dead Cap, $5.4M)
T.J. Clemmings, OT – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Arie Kouandjio, OG – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Demetrius Rhaney, C – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
A.J. Francis, DE – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Su'a Cravens, SS – (Cap Savings, $1.36M – Dead Cap, $1.7M)

Offseason Updates:
As you know we ended the process of listing free agents from other teams, but this offseason is full of unpredictability. We will list some players of interest this year, but it won't be a comprehensive list and there is no way we can sign all of them.

Case Keenum, QB
Teddy Bridgewater, QB
Alex Smith, QB (If Released)
Carlos Hyde, RB
Isaiah Crowell, RB
Jordan Matthews, WR
Paul Richardson, WR
Donte Moncrief, WR
Brice Butler, WR
Trey Burton, TE
Justin Pugh, OT/OG
Greg Robinson, OT/OG
Jonathan Cooper, OG
Zach Fulton, OG
Luke Joeckel, OG
Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB
Barkevious Mingo, OLB
Dee Ford, OLB
Demario Davis, ILB
Jon Bostic, ILB
Sheldon Richardson, DE
Brent Urban, DE
DaQuan Jones, DT
Daniel McCullers, DT
Bennie Logan, DE/DT
Beau Allen, DT
Star Lotulelei, DT
Kyle Fuller, CB

This list will grow, shrink, and change quite a bit. Feel free to produce a list of your own – we look forward to it.

Kapri Bibbs signed a two year contract late in the 2017 season. He will be an UFA in 2019. BBQ had inaccurate information in recent free agency updates and regrets the error.

Former Redskins fullback Darrel Young says that there is a growing rift between Jay Gruden and Kirk Cousins. Young believes the rift is too great to repair. BBQ thinks this is true, but plenty of money can heal all wounds.

So much uncertainty surrounds what the Redskins will do in the Kirk Cousins saga, but Jay Gruden has now gone on record saying that he no longer wants one year (tags of any kind) deals.

Redskins legend Joe Jacoby is among the finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Inductees will be announced Super Bowl weekend.

Multiple media outlets are saying that Cousins is a lock to be in a Denver Broncos uniform this fall.

BBQ Advice: The Kirk Cousins narrative is likely to change each day until free agency opens. Don't get caught up in too much hyperbole, agent speak, Kirk quotes, or emotional discussions.

The new contract for Mason Foster is for two years and $7 million.

DC sports media member Chris Russell said that the Redskins should've given Cousins a transition tag after the 2016 season and likely could've matched any offer from other teams. BBQ fully agrees.

Personal Thoughts:
BBQ firmly believes that Kirk Cousins has played his last game in a Redskins uniform. We also believe that team will target several free agent quarterbacks with the ultimate goal of signing Case Keenum, Alex Smith, or Teddy Bridgewater.

See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

He won't be gone by 13 if BGO BBQ keeps putting out these twitter statements that he's Manzeil 2.0.
I kid, I kid....

actually the other criticism against him, and more valid one, is it wasn't a pro-style offense.

BBQ lawyers will be in contact with you before the day ends.

I just heard that Bruce is about to make a press release. Maybe just a rumour. Or maybe I misunderstood.
Anyone know what that's about ? Transition Tag ?
Don't think we can actually tag anyone yet.
I was just being prophetic.

I heard nothing about a pending press release.

This may or may not be directly related to the rumor I heard, but an interesting statement, nonetheless.
Think we'll get a decent offer ?

Last edited:
5 years total with the 4 year extension. Clearly not a stop-gap. Mr. Smith goes to Washington.

Looks like the quarterback wore out his welcome with the team as strongly as he did with some of us.

Any word what we gave up?

Scuttlebutt was that KC WANTED a 2nd for him.. reports that we gave up 'pick and possibly more' and i've seen a couple people speculating that the 'more' is a player. I guess we'll learn more over the next 48 hours... something tells me this wont stay quiet

Scuttlebutt was that KC WANTED a 2nd for him.. reports that we gave up 'pick and possibly more' and i've seen a couple people speculating that the 'more' is a player. I guess we'll learn more over the next 48 hours... something tells me this wont stay quiet

Hopefully it's a 3rd and Pryor

As long as we're not getting taken to the cleaners I'm kinda liking Smith as qb. He's just as good as Kirk and a helluva lot cheaper. Kirk wanted out so he gets his wish.

Big question remaining is do we let him bounce and take the 3rd or tag and play ‘let's make a deal'?

3rd round pick and a player to be named tomorrow. Hopefully Cravens.

Report is extension will be AAV of $23.5 per with $70 mil guaranteed... 4 years at $23.5 is a total of $94 mil in possible money. We'll be paying him $17 mil this year of current contract. I have to also imagine that at least year 4 of the new deal has minimal guaranteed money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.