• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

It's a damn good sign when we have a little trouble predicting if a player is contemplated tor a roster spot due to potential. Seems mind boggling both the league & players alike aren't lobbying for more roster spots. 55 man roster doesn't sound so terrible imho.

BB, another way to look at it is, if we end up wanting to bring back one of those WR's during the regular season, say, due to injury, which one is most likely to still be available ? Quick or Sims ?
I could be wrong, but I kinda think Quick is more likely to be still available later in the season, than Sims.
Therefore, keep Sims :)

That could be. Where is Lache Seastrunk now? Watch for the roster prediction coming in a while.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings to all. The dog days of summer will come to an end soon and cool, crisp fall weather will be here before you know it. That is football weather! Hello to everyone on social media. We extend an invitation to take a look around here and hope you will become a member.

The Washington Redskins will have their third preseason game against the Broncos Friday night. The roster will begin to take shape and the regular season will inch closer each day. The Redskins final roster of fifty-three will be revealed just after the last preseason game, but it is never too early to speculate.

We will have one more roster prediction next week – just prior to the final preseason game against the Ravens.

There could be some surprises. There could be astonishing cuts. Another free agent or two could be added to the team. A trade may occur. In other words, the roster is far from being determined at this juncture.

Let's get right to it!

2018 Roster Prediction:

Quarterbacks:
Alex Smith (Starter)
Colt McCoy

Running Backs:
Samaje Perine (Starter)
Chris Thompson (Third Down Back)
Byron Marshall
Adrian Peterson
Robert Kelley

Wide Receivers:
Josh Doctson (Starter)
Paul Richardson (Starter)
Jamison Crowder (Starter - Slot)
Trey Quinn
Maurice Harris
Cam Sims

Tight Ends:
Jordan Reed (Starter)
Vernon Davis
Jeremy Sprinkle

Offensive Tackles:
Trent Williams (Starter)
Morgan Moses (Starter)
Ty Nsekhe
Geron Christian

Offensive Guards:
Brandon Scherff (Starter)
Shawn Lauvao (Starter)
Tyler Catalina
Tony Bergstrom (Backup Center)

Centers:
Chase Roullier (Starter)
Tony Bergstrom (Backup Guard)

Defensive Linemen:
Jonathan Allen (Starter)
Daron Payne (Starter)
Matt Ioannidis (Starter)
Tim Settle
Anthony Lanier
Ziggy Hood

Outside Linebackers:
Ryan Kerrigan (Starter)
Preston Smith (Starter)
Pernell McPhee
Ryan Anderson

Inside Linebackers:
Mason Foster (Starter)
Zach Brown (Starter)
Shaun Dion Hamilton
Zach Vigil
Josh Harvey-Clemons (Strike Safety, Inside Linebacker)

Cornerbacks:
Josh Norman (Starter)
Quinton Dunbar (Starter)
Fabian Moreau (Slot)
Adonis Alexander
Danny Johnson
Greg Stroman

Strong/Strike Safeties:
DJ Swearinger (Starter)
Deshazor Everett
Josh Harvey-Clemons (Strike Safety, Inside Linebacker)

Free Safeties:
Montae Nicholson (Starter)
Troy Apke

Special Teams:
Tress Way (Starter)
Dustin Hopkins (Starter)
Nick Sundberg (Starter)
Jamison Crowder (Punt Returner)
Various, TBD (Kick Returner)

Practice Squad:
Kyle Kalis
Simmie Cobbs
Quin Blanding
Casey Dunn
Timon Parris
Pete Robertson
De'Veon Smith
Kevin Hogan
Vontae Diggs
Fish Smithson

NFI:
Josh Holsey, CB

PUP:
Stacy McGee, DT

Injured Reserve:
Elijah Wellman, FB
Arie Kouandjio, OG
Robert Davis, WR
Martez Carter, RB
Manasseh Garner, TE
Cameron Jefferson, OT
Derrius Guice, RB

The roster prediction of fifty-three for the Redskins is merely a guessing game this late in the preseason, but many players are obvious roster locks. Injuries can alter the roster and dictate changes as needed. A talented player being released by another team may happen – a left guard comes to mind. Younger players could supplant veterans. A surprise trade can happen at any moment. For now, this is a best guess scenario.

We'll have updates as needed.

Hail To The Redskins!

Keim was on this morning and he said the coaching staff isn't sold on Sims because some of the mental mistakes he's made. It turns out his circus catch that was negated by penalty was his fault... he wasn't on the line. The drop he had resulted in an interception.... I like the kid a lot and think he's got talent, but Keim said he's not even a lock to make the team.

Unless he has a terrible final 2 preseason games I think Sims will make the 53. When Doug Williams says you ‘threw a grenade into the plan at WR', that's a significant statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't tell me that Sims is the only rookie in camp that has made a mistake.

If that's the bar the Redskins are setting for making the 53 man roster, I would remind everyone that this was a 7-9 team last year that had a set of wide receivers that couldn't catch a cold.

If you have a 6'4 receiver with physical skills who wants to work hard and has upside you don't expose him to waivers and the practice squad so some dope team like the Browns or Bills can pick him up.

I don't agree with the comparison to a Sistrunk or a guy from the deep past like Babe Laufenberg, preseason wonders that simply didn't have the physical ability to stick in the NFL.

Put Kalis on the PS, and Indy is going to take him back again.
Indy had plans to keep him last year if he cleared waivers, but we stepped in.

One word to describe our corps of WR's, DLine, Corners, and Safetys :

Young, Young, Young.

Last edited:
Both of their last names begin with an "S". :clown:

For the Sims question, I guess a better analogy, for apples to apples, would be Maurice Harris, since he plays the same position as Sims.
Harris was also a rookie UDFA 2 years ago, who eventually made the Skins' 53, and I don't recall his rookie camp being nearly as impressive as Sims.

Bb... my count of your roster is 55

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unless he has a terrible final 2 preseason games I think Sims will make the 53. When Doug Williams says you ‘threw a grenade into the plan at WR', that's a significant statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree... I think he makes it, just posting what I heard a beat guy say.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Besides Sims and Quick, Harris is also ruled out of Friday night.
Possibly Crowder too.
That's like a huge chunk of the middle of the pack of our WR's.
So we gonna see a lot of either our Top 2 receivers, or the very bottom rung.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.