• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Sims is certainly generating a buzz. Let's see how he does over the next two games.

I'll do one tomorrow and then final one next week. So much has changed during training camp and the preseason.

Sims is certainly generating a buzz. Let's see how he does over the next two games.

Keim was on this morning and he said the coaching staff isn't sold on Sims because some of the mental mistakes he's made. It turns out his circus catch that was negated by penalty was his fault... he wasn't on the line. The drop he had resulted in an interception.... I like the kid a lot and think he's got talent, but Keim said he's not even a lock to make the team.

Yeah, if preseason standouts were a lock, Babe Laufenburg would be in the HOF.

Unless injuries force the issue, Sims seems likely headed for the practice squad for refinement.

Keim was on this morning and he said the coaching staff isn't sold on Sims because some of the mental mistakes he's made. It turns out his circus catch that was negated by penalty was his fault... he wasn't on the line. The drop he had resulted in an interception.... I like the kid a lot and think he's got talent, but Keim said he's not even a lock to make the team.

All rookies are expected to make mental mistakes in preseason, even 1st round draft picks.
And mental mistakes are some of the most correctable.
In fact you even see veterans make those mistakes in the regular season, with penalties, and bounces balls. It's pretty common.
In fact, he showed some rare mature and veteran qualities, after he made the mistakes, by that "short-term memory" and strong confidence, by immediately bouncing back with great plays after the mistakes.
If he hasn't done enough to make the team, I'm not sure what he has to do ? Perfection ?

Last edited:
All rookies are expected to make mental mistakes in preseason, even 1st round draft picks.
And mental mistakes are some of the most correctable.
In fact you even see veterans make those mistakes in the regular season, with penalties, and bounces balls. It's pretty common.
In fact, he showed some rare mature and veteran qualities, after he made the mistakes, by that "short-term memory" and strong confidence, by immediately bouncing back with great plays after the mistakes.
If he hasn't done enough to make the team, I'm not sure what he has to do ? Perfection ?

I'm with ya... I like the kid a lot and he has what would appear to be tremendous upside. I think what his overall point was, that it's a crowded unit, on a crowded side of the ball. There are going to be some interesting position battles on the offense between RB and WR, and some tough decisions may have to be made.

Doctson / Richardson / Crowder are from what I'm personally guessing the only LOCKED in players.

Harris is VERY likely on the team, I can't see them letting him go.

That leaves 1 spot, maybe 2 depending on how the RB situation shakes out. Now I figure we run 6 WRs and likely have 1 inactive and I think that's where Sims could fit in. Quinn is likely a full time ST contributor so I'd IMAGINE he's on the team for all ST alignments outside of maybe FG / Extra point. I haven't seen enough from the rest of the WR corps to say anyone is even challenging Sims for that last spot if that's what it comes down to so I THINK he'll be here week 1... but I could easily see an instance where he's not, and they try to stash him on PS.

Here's how I think it should play out, with 6 receivers, and Quick the odd man out.
Only way I see Quick making the team is either ST advantage, or they really want at least one guy with more than a few years veteran experience. He made a clutch catch against Seattle last year on the final drive, but otherwise hasn't done much last year or this year. But I'm sure the next preseason game or 2 will be even more telling.

Doctson
Crowder
Richardson
Harris
Quinn
Sims

Last edited:
Sims could definitely make the final 53, to protect him. After people have filled out their rosters, he could be waived with the intention of resigning him to the practice squad. With a veteran cut from another team taking the active roster spot.

Of course, if he gets some good play time against starters and 2nd stringers this week, and does well, followed by another good showing against the scrubs in the final preseason game, he could lock up the #6 spot. He needs to show he can block, as well as catch, too.

The case for Sims being on the roster of 53 seems strong, but we felt the same way about Lache Seastrunk a few years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.