• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eggnog - Discuss

Eggnog - cold prep or do you cook it?

• Whip it up cold man, I'm in a hurry.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • If you don't cook it you're a heathen!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Drink eggs? Seriously? You people are weird.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Doing the traditional Christmas Eve batch of eggnog out of the farm. Love this stuff.

So...got a favorite recipe? Something a little different? Leaded or unleaded? And if leaded...what's your poison of choice?

And for the big question...cold prep or hot? Check out the Poll for this question.

Unleaded. No alcohol for me. Only one glass of nog a year. Look forward to enjoying a glass of it tomorrow.

Ha. I'm pretty sure the store-bought stuff contains no eggs.
So, if you want to go authentic, you gotta whip it up yourself.
Alcohol is not mandatory, for those who abstain.
A properly prepared eggnog does not need alcohol.

I have made it from scratch most years - you can actually use ‘egg beaters' instead of fresh eggs of you are worried about salmonella - works great. We usually put brandy and bourbon on ours. And heating is part of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have made it from scratch most years - you can actually use ‘egg beaters' instead of fresh eggs of you are worried about salmonella - works great. We usually put brandy and bourbon on ours. And heating is part of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recipe for "aged eggnog" I'm going to try this next year. You make months in advance and let it sit in the fridge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.