• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Our 2018 starting QB will be....

john.hilker.9

Camp Fodder
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Didn't see that a thread had been opened for this, and at 5-8, eliminated from the playoffs, I think it's time to start thinking about next year.

My thoughts? Not what I want, but I think Colt will be starting for us in September. To be honest, I'm betting the management wishes they could keep him, but Kirk looks at the situation, and sees greener pastures elsewhere. Hope I'm wrong, and that the number of injuries has an impact on his consideration, but I'm afraid he's gone after this year.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

If you pay Kirk what he wants or is going to clearly get the cap implications with the % of cap will not allow for the players to be signed around him. The reality is, The Redskins need to draft a developmental guy and let Colt start, IMO.

There is no way IMO this ends well initially.

I wouldn't worry so much about the cap. It will continue to increase every year, and his contract will look very average 2 years from now.

Denver would seem to be a very attractive option--if they'll pay him. Their QB situation is a complete debacle, and I suspect that Elway is considering it.

Colt sounds like a pretty decent bet.

If Colt McCoy is our QB next year, we are officially back to the John Beck days of Redskins Football.

Oh the joy and nostalgia! Maybe we can get Rex out of retirement and get the band back together? #bruceball

Next QB... I see Alex Smith behind center next season. Of course, we'll over pay him, and continue along with inconsistent QB play, with too few flashes, and too many crashes.

If Colt McCoy is our QB next year, we are officially back to the John Beck days of Redskins Football.

Oh the joy and nostalgia! Maybe we can get Rex out of retirement and get the band back together? #bruceball

That's a huge exaggeration. I don't think Colt can be a long-term starter but he's likely the best backup QB in the league and has shown he can win games when called upon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colt will probably start the season while our 1st rounder sits n stuff.

With a major refocus on the running game and hopefully emergence of Sprinkle at te Colts aight for a season.

Cousins starts, Bruce Allen tags him again.

That's a huge exaggeration. I don't think Colt can be a long-term starter but he's likely the best backup QB in the league and has shown he can win games when called upon.

He can pull a win off when the other team has no game tape on him and he can sneak up and surprise an opponent off guard.

That's about it.

I still think it will be Cousins. I hope they find a way to sign him, but who knows at this point. I think he would have been ready to sign this past off-season if not for the turmoil with the front office and McCloughan. I think he wanted to see how all of that would shake up and if it would just be another circus. So let me add this caveat. If there is not front office turmoil and it's fairly quiet, I think he will be signed or even tagged in some way. If the circus is back in town and there is uncertainty in the air, I think he bolts and the Redskins are left with a bum and a lottery ticket they hope hits big.

He wanted more money. Period.

All the talk about wanting to see the direction of the team was pure, agent driven bullshit. If they'd offered him enough money, he wouldn't give a damn about any direction but the way to the bank.

It's about money. Always has been.

And, Colt could definitely lead us to a non postseason campaign. Just like Crook did. But for a fraction of the cost.

Anyway, if we still have Loser Gruden at the helm, it won't much matter who the QB is.

I wonder what high profile occupation isn't about getting paid your fair market value?

I don't see the two sides getting a deal done quickly. I think it's probably going to wind up being McCoy to start.

Would it help getting an upper tier RB (draft or FA) to keep Kirk around? He might not get 4,ooo yards @ year but they might win a few more games. Thompson, not a lead back. Good in the passing game but can't say he's 1st/2nd down back even though he did he's not gonna give you 15 to 20 carries a game. Had 3 fumbles in 11 games on 103 touches so not good but possibly improves. Perine also a very good receiver but mediocre runner. Better with a healthy OL but I wouldn't feel confident that he'd suddenly light it up. Even with a healthy line this season Kelly didn't do much - Perine was better without the #1's in.

Anyway, from Cousins point of view - might obtaining a very good RB say, 'Hey, the Skins are trying to improve. Maybe we can build a winner.' (If Cousins is so inclined). If they they don't sign Kirk, they'll most likely need an RB anyway. Would Jay use an RB - who knows? If they are really going to make an attempt at signing Cousins I don't see how they're going to get a decent FA QB. To get one, they'd have to do it pretty early on and that would mean the Skins have no intention of signing Kirk. If they draft a QB in the upper rounds - sends pretty much the same message. Might have to tag him again, then they'll be in the same boat in 2019.

I wonder what high profile occupation isn't about getting paid your fair market value?
True enough. But it ignores the fact that he's lying about his reasons. He and his agent are fully aware that a large amount of people will buy into the "I wanna see what direction" bullshit line. They didn't even respond to the last offer. Which I know you think was a laughable one. But it was a legit offer. On the low end of the "market value" chart. But it deserved a counter offer. There wasn't one.

I wonder what high profile employer isn't about getting good help for as good a price as possible. ;)

So, again, my main point is, this "Christian" is a liar.
If he wasn't going to sign for any number, then he was lying about being interested in doing so.
If he would have signed for $25mil a yr, fully guaranteed, with $75mil signing bonus, then the "direction" mantra was/is a total fabrication.

Can't have it both ways.

And I know you know that I don't think he's worth what the market will dictate. Hell, Blake Bortles outplayed him this year.

True enough. But it ignores the fact that he's lying about his reasons. He and his agent are fully aware that a large amount of people will buy into the "I wanna see what direction" bullshit line. They didn't even respond to the last offer. Which I know you think was a laughable one. But it was a legit offer. On the low end of the "market value" chart. But it deserved a counter offer. There wasn't one.

I wonder what high profile employer isn't about getting good help for as good a price as possible. ;)

So, again, my main point is, this "Christian" is a liar.
If he wasn't going to sign for any number, then he was lying about being interested in doing so.
If he would have signed for $25mil a yr, fully guaranteed, with $75mil signing bonus, then the "direction" mantra was/is a total fabrication.

Can't have it both ways.

And I know you know that I don't think he's worth what the market will dictate. Hell, Blake Bortles outplayed him this year.

You may think it's BS, but I actually believe Kirk when he says he wants to see the direction the teams' going in.

We as fans know all too well how big a dumpster fire this club has been for the last 20 years. The Redskins have a reputation that they've earned....and it isn't a good one.

So then, you have to believe that he wasn't going to sign for any price.

Which means he's been lying about negotiating honestly.

No, I believe he'd sign if he saw a stable front office with a committed direction and one that offers him a fair market deal.
Just will never understand how fans of your mind set believe that these guys should give the team a home town discount. Especially when home grown talent sees the way this team treats free agents from other teams.

If they make him the highest paid QB, his concerns will magically disappear. Because money talks, and bullshit walks.

And you're still dwelling on the past as far as not taking care of our own. Times have been different most recently. You know that.

And yes, I do think we deserve some kind of hometown discount. And not just from him. I realize greed rules the day. and that he's no different in that regard.

But I still, for the millionth time, just do not believe he's worth more than middle of the road money. He's a "stats" guy. He's not a big game guy.
And right now, he's also a mercenary. Loyal to his agent, and the almighty dollar.

I'm glad you finally revealed what's behind this hatred of Cousins. It's really sad, but at least I see it now. You've created this narrative that no matter what he does, you will be mad at him and call him all kinds of names.

If it's all about money for Cousins, he will sign somewhere like Cleveland which is a dumpster fire for some insane amount of money. If he does that, then yes it's all about the money. Otherwise, I expect him to take into account winning and stability of the team.

If they make him the highest paid QB, his concerns will magically disappear. Because money talks, and bullshit walks.

And you're still dwelling on the past as far as not taking care of our own. Times have been different most recently. You know that.

And yes, I do think we deserve some kind of hometown discount. And not just from him. I realize greed rules the day. and that he's no different in that regard.

But I still, for the millionth time, just do not believe he's worth more than middle of the road money. He's a "stats" guy. He's not a big game guy.
And right now, he's also a mercenary. Loyal to his agent, and the almighty dollar.

Really?

So in your opinion, does the Redskins Front Office show as much urgency in signing Kirk as they did with Josh Norman or Desean Jackson?

In both cases, they pursued those two like a lovesick teenager. Hell, they flew Norman up here and wouldn't let him leave the building until he signed.

Where's that level of concern for the best Qb to have walked through the door in 20+ years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.