• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Our 2018 starting QB will be....

I think you're giving Kirk too much credit - he's absolutely said (and repeatedly) he wants to be here. I've pretty much decided that he's 100% full of shit. He just doesn't have the balls to come right out and say that short of some ridiculous record breaking payday, he's not willing to stay in B&G. He's hedging his bets. It's all about Kirk. And if that's who he is, that's fine. And I have the perogative to say screw you Cousins as a fan.

Between his pathetic performance in the season finale, where it looked all the world to me like he could care less, to his bullshit politically correct vagueries at his 'event', he clearly doesn't mean what he says. If he did - the deal would already be in progress or signed. It ain't and I would be absolutely shocked if it ever is.

He's not a great QB.
He's not worth a record-breaking deal.
And most importantly - I see zero evidence he cares about this team and wants to be here.

I hope somehow, some way, he ends up in Cleveland or some other NFL graveyard of a franchise.

Youve come a long way, baby. ;)

You wouldn't have to do it. There are numerous teams that will want his services. I'm only half serious about sitting him - but the franchise tag is the only approach that gives us serious leverage and compensation worthy of his value. I consider having to pay the 34 million extremely improbable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, from what I'm reading, it sure does make it sound like he's all about the money.
He said he was ready to sign in 2015. Thought the team made a good offer, and he was going to sign it.
His agent told him the team didn't value him the way he did. $o he didn't sign.

How could it NOT be about the money?

I think Kirk might find the waters muddier than anticipated in FA, who are the qb needy teams, Jax, Jets, Browns, Denver, Bills, maybe Miami, only Denver and Jax are built to win at this point with a competent qb, I don't see Coughlin or Elway backing up a truckload of cash for his services. It'll leave him with the dregs of football to choose from. Now does that mean we might be able to sign him to a decent contract, maybe but personally I'm tired of the shenanigans and drama, he can go pull a Frerotte and concuss himself as far as I'm concerned.

Tannehill in Miami is doing very well in his recovery, so I wouldn't think they are in the market. I agree on Jacksonville, but the lure of no state income tax would be enticing for #8 . Buffalo has a defense, a running game, and a good group of receivers...but it's Buffalo. Elway might be game.

If the Browns, Giants, and Jets go QB in the first round, Kirk may find his hold cards don't look so great after he sees the flop.

Well, that certainly would be the way the Kirkites might take it.

But when you're dealing with a Greedy Lying Bastard, who has no intention of signing anything but the richest guaranteed deal in NFL history, there's little the team can do but treat him with the disdain that he and his side are treating them.

I know you think the sun rises and sets in #8 . And you're entitled to think so. And I'm sure whenever you buy a new vehicle, you don't try to negotiate a better deal than what "The WindowSticker/Market" says it's worth. But as much as you believe there is no amount too high, as long as "The Market/WindowSticker" says so, you seem to totally discount the notion that the team could set a number that THEY believe is the most he's worth, and that they'll spend, and stick to it. You believe everything #8 and his agent says. They are the gospel truth. Doers of only good deeds. Infallible.

Other players on the team see that we have been signing a lot of our home grown talent. Sure, they're all privately hoping #8 gets $120mil fully guaranteed. Every player in the league is rooting for that. But I give the players more credit than you do. They all care more about their deal, than anybody else's. They also know there are limits to business expenditures. But you somehow think the Redskins are not allowed to have limits. You've let your personal desire to sign the Greedy Lying Bastard override any sense of balance, or fairness. The only one in your mind who should get a great deal is #8 . You're entitled to think so.

Others are entitled to disagree.

Let's clear up some things......

1:The sun doesn't rise and set with KC, never has. In fact, he's far from a perfect Qb and he still has some things to learn.

2: The only reason for any talk of 30 million/yr for this Qb is because Bruce Allen created this situation with the way he's handled negotiations, period. He painted both the team and the player into this corner.

Is KC worth 30 million/year? Hell no. Is he worth Derek Carr money? I believe so and that should be where the negotiations start.

3: As much as you want to deny it, Bruce Allen is a buffoon. He's never paid a QB. He's always went on the cheap.

Bruce brought in Scot, because Bruce said he couldn't do this job and that was the one time Bruce spoke truth. In 2015, Scot wanted to sign KC when he broke out late that season. He knew what the market was and where it was headed and wanted to get ahead of this.

Bruce said no. Clue #1 : Bruce Allen wouldn't let the man he hired do his job. Bruce wanted to handle it even though he stated 7 months prior he couldn't do it.

In an offseason that saw Brock Osweiller and Mike Glennon get paid , you're going to come at KC with an offer of 16 million/yr? Even when he was better than those two to begin with? Even though he just piloted you to an NFC East title?

The Redskins never negotiated in good faith to begin with.

And because of that, they created the divide that now exists, all because Bruce is cheap.

So Cousins will walk. IMO, I don't blame him.

And I bet you that whoever signs him will not be paying him in the 30-34 mill a year range you get so lathered up about.

Glennon's guaranteed money makes it simple to get out. Osweiller is another contract that points to a huge market correction in the QB market, much like what happened with RB's. That's why I think the guaranteed money Kirk is trying to find isn't gonna' be what his agent is leading him to believe. Teams are too scared anymore to wind up with a contract that'll become an albatross.

One show suggested a three-year, $75M contract with all of it being a signing bonus. I thought to myself... what in the hell team is gonna' offer that? He goes and tears his ACL halfway through the first season and you're screwed!

Let's clear up some things......

1:The sun doesn't rise and set with KC, never has. In fact, he's far from a perfect Qb and he still has some things to learn.
Agreed. Why should he paid like someone who already knows it all?

2: The only reason for any talk of 30 million/yr for this Qb is because Bruce Allen created this situation with the way he's handled negotiations, period. He painted both the team and the player into this corner.
Wrong. Both sides share in the situation. We could argue to what degree, except you think Bruce Allen created cancer, advocates child molestation, and invented death. No way Christian Kirk played any part in it.
Is KC worth 30 million/year? Hell no. Is he worth Derek Carr money? I believe so and that should be where the negotiations start.
That's fine. I simply don't agree.
3: As much as you want to deny it, Bruce Allen is a buffoon. He's never paid a QB. He's always went on the cheap.
I don't know if he's a buffoon or not. I guess since you know him personally. You've worked next to him for years. And have literally witnessed everything he's ever said or done, first hand, that you do know. Good for you. You win the cookie.
In 2015, Scot wanted to sign KC when he broke out late that season. He knew what the market was and where it was headed and wanted to get ahead of this.
Wrong. In more ways than one. #8 , by his own admission, said he was ready to sign the offer made by Scot and the team in 2015. But his agent told him not to. And he obeyed. Scot, according to Keim, wanted to lock him up, but not because he thought he was a great QB. It was all about the money. #8 had maxed his potential, according to Scot. He was to be a seat warmer for whatever prospect that the team landed going forward. Whether or not Scot wanted to then up the offer is anybody's guess. But the Greedy Lying Bastard wasn't going to sign it anyway. He said as much. But don't let your uncontrollable addiction to Bruce-hating allow you to even consider any possibility that doesn't fit your narrative.

In an offseason that saw Brock Osweiller and Mike Glennon get paid , you're going to come at KC with an offer of 16 million/yr? Even when he was better than those two to begin with? Even though he just piloted you to an NFC East title?
Haha! Piloted us? Maybe. Or, maybe the division was so weak and primed for the taking that even #8 couldn't screw it up. And, if he was the pilot, then he's responsible for crashing the plane in the playoffs. Oh wait, I'm sure that was Bruce's fault too, right?
The Redskins never negotiated in good faith to begin with.
Neither has the Greedy Lying Bastard. He's still not.

And because of that, they created the divide that now exists, all because Bruce is cheap.
Bruce is as cheap as #8 is honest.

So Cousins will walk. IMO, I don't blame him.
That's fine. You can root for the Wherever Cousins football team, if you want.
I'll root for the Washington Redskins
And I bet you that whoever signs him will not be paying him in the 30-34 mill a year range you get so lathered up about.
Good! That'll prove that not everybody is as drunk in love with him as his "No Price Is Too High" groupies are.

All this talk about McLovin, let's not forget he wanted to trade Cousins last off-season, according to Jason Cole. He realized Cousins had plateaued and wanted to trade him, draft and sign a veteran. Supposedly this was one of the reasons he was fired.

That's fine. You can root for the Wherever Cousins football team, if you want.
I'll root for the Washington Redskins

Oh horse hockey Ax.

The whole point of this go around is that this whole situation could have been avoided had our front office had a modicum of foresight.

It was reported that Kirk's agent counter proposed 20 million/yr which Bruce balked at.

So, if we follow your logic...that Bruce and the Redskins never intended to pay Kirk(which is fine), where's Plan B?

Where's the young Qb that's been sitting on the roster, being groomed to take #8's place when they eventually let him go?

Here's a clue : There is no Plan B. Unless you think Plan B and the team's answer is Colt McCoy.

Colt McCoy, who one: doesn't have an NFL arm and two: is one hit to the neck away from having his career ended.

Plan B.

And if THAT doesn't show how incompetent the front office is...I can't help you.

Well golly whiz.

The front office is incompetent. Does that make you happy? Will that sooth your troubled mind?

Get The **** Over It already.

Your boy wasn't going to sign anything less than the highest ever contract. Wrap your head around that.
Unless you'd just rather wallow in misery because you don't like Bruce Allen.

Well golly whiz.

The front office is incompetent. Does that make you happy? Will that sooth your troubled mind?

Get The **** Over It already.

Your boy wasn't going to sign anything less than the highest ever contract. Wrap your head around that.
Unless you'd just rather wallow in misery because you don't like Bruce Allen.

Can't do it.

How does one get past the one thing that causes this team to be on the same level as the Browns: perennial losers?

That being said, I get it and will no longer bother you.

The Browns just put together a pretty impressive new front office. Their fans have a good shot now of living without football misery.

They have a ridiculous amount of cap space and a bevy of high draft picks, all they really need is a QB to get it all rolling.

Can't do it.

How does one get past the one thing that causes this team to be on the same level as the Browns: perennial losers?

That being said, I get it and will no longer bother you.

You don't bother me, brother. I'm just trying to bring you into the light.:)

We've not been the Browns. And even if the FO is as screwed up as you believe, we still have a chance to return to a winning tradition.
Maybe it'll involve a little luck. Maybe a lot of luck. But it can happen.

Being optimistic, or pessimistic, is a choice. Might not be easy to do sometimes.
But it's always a choice.

So Kirk is a bad person because he's doing whatever he can to get the most compensation for his skillset? I can understand if people don't think he's worth what he's going to make, but you can't tell me that everyone on this board wouldn't at least consider making a move in the professional world if the compensation on the other side was greater.

Imho, Kirk is doing whatever he needs to do to set himself up for success, and one of those things is 'saying the right things.' I don't think he's playing a money grab. He may well have 1 foot out the door, but he's also smart enough to keep his options open. Prior to this past season, I had the opinion that he didn't want to be here, and that he's just posturing to end up in SF, LA Rams, or Jax. As of this moment, it would appear those 3 options are now off the table. Jax could still be an option, but reports came out with the team showing a commitment to Bortles (i know i know face value).

Kirk has now come out and said he would seriously consider playing for the Browns... He's smart and calculated, I get that. He understands that there are only 32 starting QB positions in the NFL, and there are maybe only 1/3 of them available.... 1 of those is the Washington Redskins, another is with the Browns. This may end up being the best situation for him, but who's to tell the guy he's not allowed to check out what is available with his own career? You know why I think he didn't sign the contract last year? Because I don't know if he trusts this front office to do what's needed to win. We jump on Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder, saying we're marred in failure as long as they're making the decisions, you think he doesn't see that too? We've been a joke of a franchise for years, we've had bad drafts, made terrible free agent decisions, and we've screwed up pretty much every player we've drafted... outside of a few shining stars. We've alienated ourselves from players and coaches, we've made poor decisions that have handcuffed the team, and we've consistently been viewed as a pretender.

This franchise hasn't given ANY player an solid reason to believe that their short NFL career would be in good hands for the foreseeable future, yet people want him to sign a long term deal? Because why? What reason does ANY player have to be here? I'm honestly asking. Is it because the Owner knows how to treat his people? Debatable. Is it because we have a core of good young talent that's going to be with the team for what appears to be the future? Well thats also debatable with how many 1 year deals we have. Is it because of the hotshot young GM who's got a vision? Well..... Is it because our HC has shown stability and the system will remain.... uhh.. Is it because the fanbase has been so good to him? Well... Is it because the team has shown confidence in him and appear to want to build around him? uh...

Come on guys, lets be real here. This is not a premier destination for any player. We're going to have to over-pay for a few people in order to get sustained success. We've finally gotten past us throwing money at Free Agents while letting our home grown talent walk. Unfortunately we're going to have to overpay some skill positions to keep some people here. I don't want to pay him enough to make it hurt the rest of the team, but it's less about $$ and more about cap % to me. The cap is steadily going up and what seems like a painful payday today, will seem a lot better in 2 years.

#8 is not a bad person for wanting to maximize his possibilities. But for me, claiming to be a Christian while talking out of both sides of your mouth (lying) makes him a dishonest person. A phony, pretending to be one thing, while actually being another.

The argument that he's weighing the teams commitment to winning, is both laughable, and absurd. Saying it plays into the fan base that chooses to believe the franchise is currently the worst in the history of the NFL. It's lazy, and completely dishonest. Because.....

If the team would have offered him $50mil a year, for 10yrs, fully guaranteed, all his "concerns" would vanish. Instantly.
So, in his mind, money=commitment? Somebody tell me, with a straight face, how that's wrong.

If his "concerns" are the biggest deal, then he's lying when he says he needs to evaluate. Just as people keep saying the team should already know what they've got in him, he should already know how he feels about the team. It's not a one way street.

So then, what's the hold up?
Answer 1: More Money
Answer 2: There is no amount that will sway him

Not that there's anything wrong with either answer. But man up, say what you want, and run with it. Instead of this PR bullshit show he and his agent cooked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.