• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread - 2017 Week 15 - Cardinals @ Redskins

What's your result?

• Win

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Can I pick the over/under on how many guys get hurt instead?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
This is another must win. But for different reasons now.

I'm on record advocating that Gruden should be fired at seasons end. Nothing will change that.
Sure, I'll find a way to live with it, if he's not, cause I don't expect it to happen.

But if the last 2 performances get repeated this Sunday against the Cards, the chorus of likewise opinions will continue to rise.
If Gruden is not coaching for his job security, he better damn well act like he is. And he better get the players to play like they're playing for his job security. Cause if they don't play any better, I believe it definitively shows that they are ready to move on, too.

I'd predict a winner, but I have no idea what we'll get out of anybody on Sunday. I'd have more faith if the players just made up a game plan as it goes along.

I think the fans want to see an influx of young players to evaluate, since the season is over.
However, since Gruden and some players are coaching and playing for their jobs, there will be a reasonable attempt to place winning as a higher priority over evaluating.
Both teams seem to be in that same mode.
So, since that seems equal, I'm gonna go with the better overall team, the Redskins, 24-14.

Yeah - hard not to be ambivalent at this point. I'm also not a big believer that anything occurring at the end of this season will impact next years success. Whether we lose or win out - will have zero impact on next year imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No - not really... I think winning is a combination of good talent across the board, team chemistry, and solid coaching. I think every NFL season is it own unique course. That's why you see teams come out of nowhere every year and other teams vanish from the radar.

Az a weird team. They've tended to finish the last 5 games pretty well over the last few years; even last year 3 of their 7 wins were in the last 5 games. Gabbert takes a lot of sacks. He's also been the games top passer in his 4 starts. The Cards don't do anything particularly well on either side of the ball outside of Fitzgerald and Chandler Jones plus they have a poor road record (2-4). Washington doesn't do much a whole lot better & their 3-3 home record isn't overwhelming. I don't know how many fans will show up but I'd guess something like 2o,ooo.

It seems a game the Redskins should handle pretty readily & it would be nice read about a game they played well in. Saint's game - the last time they actually played well. Cards really haven't gotten blown up by any team outside of the Rams recently so expect a close score but not necessarily a close game.

I think the score is going to be ugly; something like 20-16 with AZ getting the 20. Until the Skins can show something resembling an enthusiastic performance it's gonna be real hard to pick them for a W. Still want a win but just wonder how much fight is left. Maybe some of these new guys can add some spunk out there.

Ok did someone check Lanier for ped's begore the game? Dude is playing possessed today, hopefully it's contagious to the run game.

2:17 left and we run a draw on 3rd and 8, try to win the damn game wtf

2:10 left in the game. Jay Gruden has no balls. You show you will pass on 2nd down since you need a first down, then you run on 3rd down so you can run 5 seconds off the clock. Just stupid cowardly play calling.

Jay.'s gotta get a playcaller next season. He's an abomination at calling plays.

Promote one of the position coaches and be done with it.

On a positive note it seems the defense had a pretty solid game.

I'm glad the defense was able to not break today. It was a true bend but don't break game. It helped playing an incompetent offense. When Gabbert fumbled on 3rd down with 2:30 left, I looked at my wife and said "That's why he is Blaine Gabbert". And he was Gabbert all day. Good job by the Redskins D overall making some plays and taking advantage of the Cardinals. I'll take a fortunate win after some of the losses this team has had this year.

Kyle Shanahan may be available soon, as a play-caller

Well Mike definitely will be so there's that.

Make it between Callahan, Cavanaugh, Randy Jordan or Wes Phillips. I'd personally pick Cav or Jordan (running game).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.