• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So ... um ... Norv Turner

Oh snap! Get him Norv!!! :D

Norv has spunk? Who knew?

Well, fact of the matter is I believe Rex is right. They were loaded, and I'm pretty positive he'd have won at least one championship with those rosters. Same with the Texans.

Gonna have to go with Lanky on this one. With the talent Norv had when he took over for Marty, he should have been able to win it all. Norv is not a very good head coach, great offensive coordinator, but horrible head coach.

Plus, it's not a very good jab. Rex did not inherit the talent Norv did!

Well, fact of the matter is I believe Rex is right. They were loaded, and I'm pretty positive he'd have won at least one championship with those rosters. Same with the Texans.

Not only that, but Rex, in his first year with a 9-7 team and a rookie QB, marched into San Diego and beat Norv's seasoned 13-3 Chargers in the divisional round of the playoffs a few years back. (In fact, I'm pretty sure someone started a thread about that on this very board. :) )

I'm no fan of Rex Ryan and I'm glad someone shoved his foot down his throat, but he could always point that out if he really wanted to ...

Norv inherited a 13-3 team on the verge of making it to the Superbowl and has dragged them down into mediocrity.

That's what he does, he manages to lose games his teams should win with stupid or abnormally unlucky plays. Initially you think it's just a bad break or two. But after years and years of it happening you come to realize that at some level it is related to his poor head coaching, even if you can't pinpoint exactly what the problem is.

Norvitis is a terrible wasting disease.

Norvitis is a terrible wasting disease.

And you don't even realize it until it's too late.

The Chargers are 4-6 now? I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for it ...

Being an Offensive Coordinator was his first, best destiny.

Stunning that Mike Martz, with all his ego, can figure this out but Norv keeps taking those Head Coaching jobs and botching them.

Being an Offensive Coordinator was his first, best destiny.

Stunning that Mike Martz, with all his ego, can figure this out but Norv keeps taking those Head Coaching jobs and botching them.

Eh, if they keep offering him HC jobs, why WOULDN'T he take them? More money. Sure, he keeps his Norvitis legacy alive, but who cares? I'm sure it will bother him terribly when he's retired on a Caribbean island somewhere.

It would bother me, Lanky. I would much rather be remembered as a great Coordinator and win SB rings than be remembered as a lousy Head Couch who ran good teams into the ground.

Besides, top coordinators are making 7 figures these days. I'd take that money and in a heart beat.

I cant see Norv getting offered another HC job.

and the SD Union Tribune is saying he is out after this season.

That means it's time for a winning streak!

I'd say a 5-1 run and a playoff win to close out the season should save his job.

Then he can do it again next year. :)

I am simply flabbergasted at the season Rivers is having. He looked like Rex the other day and he is supposed to be one of the league's elites. This is likely frustration more than anything else because I am fairly certain he is a top tier QB in this league, but man he's looked bad this year. And I have to blame that on Norv! Why has one of the best QB's in the league regressed so much?

That means it's time for a winning streak!

I'd say a 5-1 run and a playoff win to close out the season should save his job.

Then he can do it again next year. :)

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, thanks Henry. :clap2:

I heard on Twitter (I think via @evansilva) that Rivers is injured somehow. But yeah, this year compared to last year is night and day. Amazing.

Norv strikes again! My wife would have bet our house on Novak missing that kick! Football Jesus has life!

Norv gets fired at the end of the season. Now San Diego is picking ahead of us! LOL!

Norv strikes again! My wife would have bet our house on Novak missing that kick! Football Jesus has life!

Norv did not strike again. Tebow strikes again !!

Tebow was solely responsible for Novak missing that kick.

Re-watch the kick, and you will see Novak distracted by the shining presence of Tebow on the sideline, and stares at Tebow in awe, while he blindly kicks and misses the FG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.