• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread - 2017 Week 14 - Redskins @ Chargers

Redskins fate on Sunday vs. Chargers?

• Win

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Never heard of the LA Chargers. Are they new?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Typically the kind of game we win.

Because we're not supposed to.
Chargers are on a roll.
Long trip.

Money in the bank!

Anything can happen of course. But this is a huge game for the Chargers who are dead locked with both the Chiefs and the Raiders for the lead in the AFC West at 6-6. The Chiefs host the Raiders at home this week, so someone is going to 7 wins this week.

In short, it's must win for the Chargers. It's at home. And the Chargers are looking for their 4th straight win, having thumped Dallas and Buffalo and edging out the Browns during that stretch.

Don't see much to give me a lot of optimism the Redskins pull this out. Are we *mathmetically* alive for a playoff spot? Technically. But realistically, our season is already over. I could see the Chargers hanging 40+ on us.

We're gonna get worked like virgin punani on prom night this weekend.

Just a reminder folks.. I probably won't be in chat for this game as i'll be at my brother's for a family reunion. I may try to check in on my phone but no guarantees. Hold the fort down and I'll see you around the boards and in chat for the next game. Promise!

Chargers were just flavor of the month in November.
Big deal. This is December. I aint scared.
This is the same squad that started 0-4. And the same one who just last week barely squeaked by the Browns.
We got this. Let's send them on another 0-4 skid to end the season.

Last edited:
Currently the Chiefs hold the tie-breaker over the Charger's. They play each other in 2 weeks when Los Angeles will have an opportunity to play for 1st or possibly be in 1st in their division. Record wise they are also tied with the Raiders and the Chargers holds that tie-breaker. All they have to do is beat Washington.
They have the worst run D in football. Won't matter because once the Skins are down by 3 points Jay will abandon the run anyway then watch Kirk get sacked 5 times.

Chargers win this handily. Redskins secondary versus TE's has been non-existent for many years now. 20% of targets by Rivers this season have gone to TE's. Targets against Miami & the Giants were 11 then 13 against the Browns. What Washington has in common with those teams is they're all in the worst 5 for Defense against TE's.

Austin Ekeler is the kind of guy Washington seems to get caught off guard by. He didn't get used quite so much in the first few games but in their last 6 games he's caught 17 of 18 for 190 yds. He scares me more than Gordon as a guy who can extend drives.

Chargers 48 - Redskins 24

Out as of Friday - Harris, Reed and Nicholson. TW DNP on Wed & Thur limited on Friday (questionable). Moses DNP Wed then limited Thur & Friday (questionable). Ty and Scherff full practice all week.

More players can be found at:

link: http://http://www.redskins.com/team/injury-report.html?icampaign=homepage_hotlink_injury-report

Chargers were just flavor of the month in November.
Big deal. This is December. I aint scared.
This is the same squad that started 0-4. And the same one who just last week barely squeaked by the Browns.
We got this. Let's send them on another 0-4 skid to end the season.

Possibly as the Chargers are 6-11 over the last 4 years in December. Washington has posted a mighty 6-13 over the same period. Redskins were tied with New York at 10-10 two weeks ago midway through the 4th Quarter then got crushed by Dallas last week. I guess you could say LA squeaked by Cleveland. The most they ever trailed by was 1 point & the Chargers took the lead by halftime and never looked back. Certainly didn't play any worse than Washington did 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
I slept as the season is over, and when I woke 90 minutes ago, LAC were well in front. In my heart, I hoped LAC would run up the score and put a few of the Redskins coaching staff on notice, but I also hoped that we would score at least one TD. That was to come from a pick-six by Breeland late in the game. 2-1 on the West Coast is better than 0-3, but to think we were going to beat LAC at their home makes one delusional and a homer.

What really needs to be addressed is that Kirk had three less completions than Rivers, but Rivers threw for 319yds compared to Kirk's 151. We don't have a run defense to speak of, nor for that matter a pass defence, so we'll always lose the 'our D v their O' battle. We also have a patchwork O-line, so we aren't going to win the 'Our O-line v their D' very often, if at all. Our special teams can't stop a sailor lifting your sister's skirt, so we lose out there as well. I've heard it said that if you can win 2 out of the three 3 disciplines, you often win. Well, at the moment, we can't even win one, so what chance do we have?

30-13 is a flattering scoreline against LAC. It should have been 40+, so I'll take it. The Cardinals, Broncos and NYGiants will see officially see us come to an end, and we have an even chance of going 3-0, but a win against the Giants is a must.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.