• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

What should the Redskins approach be the rest of the way in 2017?

• Whatever it takes to win - we can still make the playoffs!

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Rest the injured and key players - the season is lost.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Its tryout time. Play as many younger players as possible and find out what you have there.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Lose out. All that matters now is draft position.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Forfeit the rest of the games. I can't take anymore.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally think this team is on the cusp of turning the corner. We've got a young core that needs to learn how to win games and how to finish games. That being said, the goal has to be to go out and win games and finish the season strong. To a young core group of players, that leaves a lasting impact going into the offseason and provides motivation for training camp.

I'd be feeling really good about this team if we can head into the offseason with an 8-8 or 9-7 record, especially considering the rash of injuries we've had. Under this scenario, you can LEGITIMATELY say that injuries were likely the difference between a playoff birth and missing the playoffs.

On the other hand, to me, if you flounder in December and finish up at 6-10 or 5-11, the injuries become somewhat of an excuse. You're essentially crying poor at that point and likely not acknowledging that the reality of the situation is that we are a subpar football team.

I personally think this team is on the cusp of turning the corner. We've got a young core that needs to learn how to win games and how to finish games. That being said, the goal has to be to go out and win games and finish the season strong. To a young core group of players, that leaves a lasting impact going into the offseason and provides motivation for training camp.

I'd be feeling really good about this team if we can head into the offseason with an 8-8 or 9-7 record, especially considering the rash of injuries we've had. Under this scenario, you can LEGITIMATELY say that injuries were likely the difference between a playoff birth and missing the playoffs.

On the other hand, to me, if you flounder in December and finish up at 6-10 or 5-11, the injuries become somewhat of an excuse. You're essentially crying poor at that point and likely not acknowledging that the reality of the situation is that we are a subpar football team.

I am in total agreement here, but I do not think we can turner the corner as long as Gruden is at the helm. He just isn't a good enough coach.

This will be the second straight season of regression from this team after our playoff appearance, injuries aside, we still should be in the 7-5 range not the 5-7 range. In fact, I could see us at 8-4 with a couple losses they should not have lost, the first Turds game and the first Fecals game.

Gruden gets out coached too many times. He has a knack for getting the players on the field open, much of the time...but his style of football does not bode well in the 4th Q of games because the offense is not capable of grinding off clock.

I am in total agreement here, but I do not think we can turner the corner as long as Gruden is at the helm. He just isn't a good enough coach.

This will be the second straight season of regression from this team after our playoff appearance, injuries aside, we still should be in the 7-5 range not the 5-7 range. In fact, I could see us at 8-4 with a couple losses they should not have lost, the first Turds game and the first Fecals game.

Gruden gets out coached too many times. He has a knack for getting the players on the field open, much of the time...but his style of football does not bode well in the 4th Q of games because the offense is not capable of grinding off clock.
And if Kirk walks that corner we turn will be a blind turn off the cliff.

Colt McCoy is not leading a team anywhere except to a top ten draft pick.

And if Kirk walks that corner we turn will be a blind turn off the cliff.

Colt McCoy is not leading a team anywhere except to a top ten draft pick.

I am convinced that we end up tagging Cousins one more time, we draft someone with a top 10 draft pick to replace him while he learns from Kirk on the bench.

Go out and win. It's an attitude and a habit. There has been enough losing around here, we need to establish a different expectation.

Not only that, but lose more games, and your free agents like Zach Brown, etc may be less likely to want to return.
And may affect your ability to sign players and coaches from other teams.

Last edited:
Moral of the story is, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. ;)

Nor a bat to a "cat fight" (just some levity and hopefully there are a few Walking Dead fans here that will recognize the reference :))

Field a team and play hard to win. That doesn't mean you can't move in more youth if we need to evaluate or get players time on the field in prep for next year. You never intentionally tank, but you do change priorities. Where winning was once the only thing that mattered, to the point of rushing players back from injuries and so forth, that is no longer the case. Get your studs healed up fully and completely. Be strategic.

Common sense caveats.

With winning STILL the top priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
the highlight of Gruden/Cousins term in DC:

37-11 first round playoff loss to the Packers at home after taking an early lead.

at some point, we need to ask for and expect MORE out of the organization, and they of themselves.

Instead, talk of being consistently at the 9-7 or 8-7-1 or 7-9 level somehow takes over the debate.

All that means is the Redskins are now consistently mediocre.

As opposed to being NFC East winner at 10-6 in 2012 and then 4-12, etc.

In the end result, no playoff wins, nothing in terms of real accomplishments to speak of.

Kirk can talk about his 4,000 yard seasons and all that but what I remember is all of those game ending end zone and short-field interceptions against the Giants, Cowboys and others.

the highlight of Gruden/Cousins term in DC:

37-11 first round playoff loss to the Packers at home after taking an early lead.

at some point, we need to ask for and expect MORE out of the organization, and they of themselves.

Instead, talk of being consistently at the 9-7 or 8-7-1 or 7-9 level somehow takes over the debate.

All that means is the Redskins are now consistently mediocre.

As opposed to being NFC East winner at 10-6 in 2012 and then 4-12, etc.

In the end result, no playoff wins, nothing in terms of real accomplishments to speak of.

Kirk can talk about his 4,000 yard seasons and all that but what I remember is all of those game ending end zone and short-field interceptions against the Giants, Cowboys and others.

Is there a Redskins fan alive who doesn't expect more? Is there a Redskins fan alive who thinks finishing .500 and missing the playoffs is acceptable? I threw a surprising stat out - it wasn't an endorsement of accomplishments to date. There is no debate. We all agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.