A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Injuries or not, this one we gotta have.

View Poll Results: What should the Redskins approach be the rest of the way in 2017?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whatever it takes to win - we can still make the playoffs!

    7 43.75%
  • Rest the injured and key players - the season is lost.

    4 25.00%
  • Its tryout time. Play as many younger players as possible and find out what you have there.

    6 37.50%
  • Lose out. All that matters now is draft position.

    1 6.25%
  • Forfeit the rest of the games. I can't take anymore.

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41

    BGO Survivor Champ 2015

    Join Date
    08-28-09
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    537
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    I personally think this team is on the cusp of turning the corner. We've got a young core that needs to learn how to win games and how to finish games. That being said, the goal has to be to go out and win games and finish the season strong. To a young core group of players, that leaves a lasting impact going into the offseason and provides motivation for training camp.

    I'd be feeling really good about this team if we can head into the offseason with an 8-8 or 9-7 record, especially considering the rash of injuries we've had. Under this scenario, you can LEGITIMATELY say that injuries were likely the difference between a playoff birth and missing the playoffs.

    On the other hand, to me, if you flounder in December and finish up at 6-10 or 5-11, the injuries become somewhat of an excuse. You're essentially crying poor at that point and likely not acknowledging that the reality of the situation is that we are a subpar football team.
    0 3 0 0
     
     

  2. #42
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    10,677
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Hog View Post
    I personally think this team is on the cusp of turning the corner. We've got a young core that needs to learn how to win games and how to finish games. That being said, the goal has to be to go out and win games and finish the season strong. To a young core group of players, that leaves a lasting impact going into the offseason and provides motivation for training camp.

    I'd be feeling really good about this team if we can head into the offseason with an 8-8 or 9-7 record, especially considering the rash of injuries we've had. Under this scenario, you can LEGITIMATELY say that injuries were likely the difference between a playoff birth and missing the playoffs.

    On the other hand, to me, if you flounder in December and finish up at 6-10 or 5-11, the injuries become somewhat of an excuse. You're essentially crying poor at that point and likely not acknowledging that the reality of the situation is that we are a subpar football team.

    I am in total agreement here, but I do not think we can turner the corner as long as Gruden is at the helm. He just isn't a good enough coach.

    This will be the second straight season of regression from this team after our playoff appearance, injuries aside, we still should be in the 7-5 range not the 5-7 range. In fact, I could see us at 8-4 with a couple losses they should not have lost, the first Turds game and the first Fecals game.

    Gruden gets out coached too many times. He has a knack for getting the players on the field open, much of the time...but his style of football does not bode well in the 4th Q of games because the offense is not capable of grinding off clock.
    0 1 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  3. #43

    NFL Pickem Champion 2015

    Join Date
    08-04-09
    Location
    Sparta,NC
    Posts
    2,187
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I am in total agreement here, but I do not think we can turner the corner as long as Gruden is at the helm. He just isn't a good enough coach.

    This will be the second straight season of regression from this team after our playoff appearance, injuries aside, we still should be in the 7-5 range not the 5-7 range. In fact, I could see us at 8-4 with a couple losses they should not have lost, the first Turds game and the first Fecals game.

    Gruden gets out coached too many times. He has a knack for getting the players on the field open, much of the time...but his style of football does not bode well in the 4th Q of games because the offense is not capable of grinding off clock.
    And if Kirk walks that corner we turn will be a blind turn off the cliff.

    Colt McCoy is not leading a team anywhere except to a top ten draft pick.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #44
    2016 BGO Survivor Champ

    Join Date
    08-01-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    10,677
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    Quote Originally Posted by DieselPwr44 View Post
    And if Kirk walks that corner we turn will be a blind turn off the cliff.

    Colt McCoy is not leading a team anywhere except to a top ten draft pick.

    I am convinced that we end up tagging Cousins one more time, we draft someone with a top 10 draft pick to replace him while he learns from Kirk on the bench.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

  5. #45
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    8,260
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Go out and win. It's an attitude and a habit. There has been enough losing around here, we need to establish a different expectation.
    Not only that, but lose more games, and your free agents like Zach Brown, etc may be less likely to want to return.
    And may affect your ability to sign players and coaches from other teams.
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 12-05-17 at 11:59 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Sent from my Basic Flip Phone.
    Powered by Tomato Can Wireless.

  6. #46
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-02-09
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    552
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    Moral of the story is, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
    Nor a bat to a "cat fight" (just some levity and hopefully there are a few Walking Dead fans here that will recognize the reference )
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
    DocSandy

  7. #47
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Burleson, TX
    Posts
    1,188
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    Field a team and play hard to win. That doesn't mean you can't move in more youth if we need to evaluate or get players time on the field in prep for next year. You never intentionally tank, but you do change priorities. Where winning was once the only thing that mattered, to the point of rushing players back from injuries and so forth, that is no longer the case. Get your studs healed up fully and completely. Be strategic.
    0 1 0 0
     
     

  8. #48

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,237
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default Re: What's the Priority the Rest of the Way?

    Common sense caveats.



    With winning STILL the top priority.
    Last edited by Ax; 12-06-17 at 02:35 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-15, 02:01 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-14, 03:51 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-14, 03:32 PM
  4. Redskins Biggest FA Priority?
    By Boone in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-20-11, 02:25 PM
  5. Is a pass rushing linebacker THE highest priority in the draft?
    By Skinzfan in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-11, 02:46 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •