• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread: Week 12 - Giants @ Redskins

Who Wins - Skins or Giants?

• Win

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turkey coma causes game to be postponed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Long to IR. Roullier with a hand injury. Boone may be starting at center.

I think the Giants are gonna be tough.
They will be highly motivated this game.
Even after a dismal year, they will be motivated because no-one wants to be embarrassed on national TV on Thanksgiving.
Plus it's a divisional game. Plus, they were happy to play spoiler in last year's last game, when they had nothing to play for,
so I'm sure they'd love to essentially spoil our playoff hopes this time, when once again, they don't even have something
meaningful to play for.
And the fact that they beat the Chiefs means they're now finding ways to get geared up for games even in a disastrous
season.
Plus add in all the injuries. It will be another game that goes down to the last minute.

Long to IR. Roullier with a hand injury. Boone may be starting at center.

Noooo! Can't have brother Boone going to IR in a week....

Division game so toss out their records, it's goona be tuff. I know this is only their first tilt this season but Washington has swept the Giants in a season exactly once since 2000 (2011). Both this game and the last game of the year are going to be a battle. Maybe Washington is due but let's start with a W in the first one on Thursday.

Right now, if somebody asked me which QB I would rather have, I'd go with Cousins. Is he better then Eli... I really don't know, but he's in a system made to play to his strengths. I think it gives him the advantage over Eli who's still having a hard time in season two of the McAdoo era. I think we'll surprise a lot of people Thursday night, and win by a nice margin on the arm of Cousins. It's gonna be ugly, and come down to a few key plays, but we get this one.

Skins 30 Giants 20 - Cousins throws for 250 yds and 2 td, Perine rolls up 100+ and a td game is close only for the first half.

Or my other prediction - this team breaks my soul on Thanksgiving

Attention Perine
The Giants have the third-worst rushing defense, at 132.7 yards per game.
And we win because of that.
Our weakness becomes a strength.
And our offense becomes balanced.

Last edited:
I'm not over last week yet :(

Evidence there IS a divine authority?

Brother Om and I got together last weekend. Since time together is precious, we opted to spend Sunday afternoon golfing, and DVR the game. We avoided scores and plopped ourselves down to watch what turned out to be an amazing effort by our guys. Literally right after the Redskins took a 15 point lead with just minutes to go, disaster struck. Brother Om had not set the DVR to record extra time. The recording ended. I turned to him and said 'You know we have to have won - no one gives up that kind of lead with this much time remaining'. We were then informed that this is exactly what had happened. I will never watch those final minutes. I consider it a gift from above that I didn't have to see it the first time.

I think we're a far better team, even beat up beyond belief, than the Giants. I think we beat them convincingly today. I feel ambivalent as to the outcome though. Our season ended last Sunday.

I agree with something that Bulldog said the other day though - regardless of another non-playoff season - you have to feel positive overall about the direction of the team.

I think we reach deep and insert brother Henry into the starting lineup at LG.

With his hatred of Mara and the Giants in general, it would give a much needed boost of energy to the team overall.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Cynthia Freland predicts Skins 27, Giants 18 on NFL GameDay. Don't know what her record is though. She thinks Eli has 232 yards, a TD and an INT.

The only slam-dunk prediction I have is that Eli will panic 3-4 times in the face of the rush and throw balls while turning away.

We get a minimum of two picks.

Do the NYG have a white receiver or TE? If so, he will lead them in receiving yards.

It sounds like Sterling Shephard will likely be out due to illness and it being a short week. Leaves them pretty much with Engeam @ TE plus maybe a little Vereen/Darkwa but they really don't throw to their backs much which is kinda odd considering the state of Giant's WR's.

Eli - not calm, cool & collected. HINT: When Manning is pressured he is prone to making major mistakes.

Remember to join us in chat at kickoff!

Football on Thanksgiving!

Ok so are the gnats stuffing the box (giggity) or we just can't run the friggin ball?

Okay seems Jay made a real effort to pound the rock in the 2nd half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.