• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread: Week 12 - Giants @ Redskins

Who Wins - Skins or Giants?

• Win

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turkey coma causes game to be postponed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah to their credit they stuck with it and got better as the game wore on.

I think having that new guy at Centre (I can't remember the name!), no Trent and Moses working on his 3rd Sprained ankle meant that early game was terrible.

But Perine got 100 yards on 24 carries, and I can't remember when the last time we had the same running back go for 2 back to back games with 100yards. Maybe Kelley last year maybe?
Also that Fedex turf....UGH! Looked so bad. That Kirk interception, the throw looked really awkward as he caught his foot in the turf, God knows what it was like to try running on!?

As a question... Why is Fedex turf so bad? Is there a reason like the field is used or something else during the week? Or is Snyder just being cheap?

Anyone know?

I'm wondering if that's part of why we seem to play better on the road. Hmmm

I'm really glad they won the game last night. I would have been really, really angry if they had lost. The Giants are a horrible team. I really liked the commitment to the run in the 2nd half. They just took it to the Giants most of the half.

Having said that, I was disappointed with the game plan going into the game. The Giants are one of the worst teams at covering TEs. The Redskins have a TE that no one can cover. So they throw him no passes and instead throw a few to stone hands Paul. Maybe the Giants were overcompensating on Davis, but on a lot of replays, I saw Davis running a few yards and turning around. So there did not seem to be much design in his routes. I want to see them attack a teams weakness and exploit it. That's what teams do against the Redskins every week.

Another thing that bugged me is that Gruden still coaches scared at the end of the game. He coaches like he wants to clock to run out before they lose. For example, 2:05 left on the clock, 2nd and 4 or 5. That is a passing situation. Even if it's incomplete, the clock stops at the 2 minute warning. So a run play only runs 5 seconds off the clock. You run a play action pass and try to get the first down or even a TD. You have to be more aggressive to win the game. Thankfully Eli sucks, so the FG iced it. But like we saw last week with Brees, if he has the ball, he's going to score late. You want to do everything you can to keep the ball away from your opponent at the end of the game.

Lastly, this team is still way too undisciplined and not smart. Too many stupid penalties, dumb plays, and then wasting a timeout to go for it and then getting a delay of game because you don't know what to do. Not smart football at all.

So yeah, I am happy they won. But it was a very frustrating game to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a really dumb rule about not running into the end zone after downing a punt.
It should be no different than a receiver just needing 2 feet in bounds, or in the end zone, after a catch.
Once he touches the punted ball, and establishes 2 feet in the field of play, the play should be over.

That's a really dumb rule about not running into the end zone after downing a punt.
It should be no different than a receiver just needing 2 feet in bounds, or in the end zone, after a catch.
Once he touches the punted ball, and establishes 2 feet in the field of play, the play should be over.

Player safety rule maybe? If a guys up and moving with the ball in his hand an opponent may not realize the play is dead or it may not have even been blown dead then whack the ball carrier. NFL really hates any kind of kick being returned - look at the recent rule changes approved by the owners.

Thanks to Keim at ESPN for answering my question...

"Perine became the first Redskins back to post back-to-back 100-yard games since Alfred Morris in Weeks 9-10 of the 2013 season."

But that's the rule. Been that way forever. Everybody but dumbass knew it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.