• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread - Week 11 - Redskins @ Saints

Who wins on Sunday?

• Skins

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Saints

• I'm borrowing a brown paper bag from an 'Aints fan for this this one!

• Total voters
I'm confused how the hell does an incomplete pass turn into intentional grounding?

B62F0631-A624-4714-AB8B-255E66A320EC.jpg

Something broke on that play... it was accidentally intentional grounding.

Jay Gruden, Norv Turner.

There is no difference.

I'm confused how the hell does an incomplete pass turn into intentional grounding?

It was a bull**** call that cost us the game.
It was a busted play and miscommunication, and clearly not intentional grounding.
Intentional grounding is always a case of a QB avoiding an imminent sack. There was no imminent sack threat on that play.
Never in my whole life have I seen that penalty called on a busted play.

Last edited:
Somebody, anybody want to explain to me again how this Oline is a top ranked unit?

3rd and 1 with an EXTRA lineman brought in and they cannot convert on 3rd and half a yard.

Instead of understanding how weak a run blocking unit he has, Gruden decides to run into a run blitz instead of using the quick passing game.

Game was essentially over either way: Convert and win don't convert and lose.

But to draw up and become timid when it's winning time? Unforgivable.

Dude should be hunting for a realtor......

Last edited:
Until the last six minutes this game had to potential to be one of the most impressive wins in years.

And then the team 3 Stooges their way to a loss.

This team beat themselves and we watch it every week

Just another season that ends before Thanksgiving.

Thanks Dan and Bruce!

How valuable would two times outs that we didn't have (after spending them on a ridiculous challenge and before a weak third down call) have been on the final possession of regulation time?

How valuable would two times outs that we didn't have (after spending them on a ridiculous challenge and before a weak third down call) have been on the final possession of regulation time?

Did Gruden address this in his post game press conference? I thought they were calling a timeout anyway and was surprised to see the challenge flag. I would like to hear his explanation on that.

As for the 3rd down play, the safe by the book play is to run in that situation to get to the 2 minute warning. With the way they had run the ball today, it's not a bad call. However, it was still a call that said we are going to try not to lose this game. I wish they had run a play to win the game instead. A first down there and the game is over. Since the run was working so well and a run is expected by the book, I would have loved to see a play action bootleg with Kirk being told to fall down if the play isn't open. If he falls down, it's the same thing as an unsuccessful run in that you run the clock to the 2 minute warning and punt. But if you can sneak Davis or Paul into the flat or Cousins can run for the yard, you win the game. To me, that's the play you use in that situation.

Walt Coleman has been an NFL official since 1989 and a Referee since the mid-90's. Remember the 'tuck rule' game? Yeah, that would be him and hasn't officiated a Raiders game since. I wouldn't mind not seeing him in a Redskins game for another 15 years. Or longer.

Seemed like he was influenced by the crowd.
The penalty wasn't thrown right away.
I remember right after the play, one of the announcers says somethin like, "And the crowd is jeering the officials to throw a flag for intentional grounding".
And a couple seconds later, "A flag is thrown".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.