• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves 11/11/17

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
November 11, 2017

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following practice squad players to their active roster:
DL Brandon Banks
WR Maurice Harris

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:
DL Arthur Jones

The Redskins waived the following player:
G Tyler Catalina

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see Harris called up.

Hope he gets a shot on the field.

Interesting about Tyler Catalina being waived - will see if he gets picked up be someone else.

Jay said that if the O-Line started to come around they would begin releasing lineman - just somewhat surprised they like the free agents better than Catalina at this point.

Catalina is PS eligible while Vets are not. Tyler an UDFA, I thought he showed up well considering that. Pretty good chance he clears waivers then they could sign him to the Practice Squad. This shell game the team is playing trying to fill positions must be driving the staff bonkers and I believe they're doing a pretty good job.

Other teams are starting to get their injuries now whereas Washington has had some for awhile and their backups have been getting settled in plus they're finding out who fits. Maybe a bit of an advantage provided the other half of the team doesn't get injured?

I don't know if it so much as they let Kyle slip away as it was Indy snipping him from the Skins PS. Dems the chances you take, like hoping that Mack Brown would clear waivers.

Based on what? No offense but the coaching staff are watching these guys day in and day out. Every team's talent level at different positions is different.

Based on what? No offense but the coaching staff are watching these guys day in and day out. Every team's talent level at different positions is different.

I predicted this guy would make the team months ago, just so you know I'm not just jumpin on the Kalis bandwagon just because he was swiped by Indy. And I was shocked and upset the day he was cut and designated to the PS.
Based on numerous things. He was more "NFL-ready" at the guard position, had a great college resume, and great training camp, and great overall talent profile. And my gut instinct - that he just had "it".
I was not the only one. Multiple scouts and professional analysts felt the same way.
So why didn't the Skins make room for him ?
Reportedly, because their approach was to stick with guys who have versatility, over guys who were superior at one position.
Well, that doesn't always work. If a guy can play multiple positions on the line, it doesn't help much, if he's only average, or
sub-par at those positions. If you see a guy who fits the Kalis profile, you jump on him, and not a guy who's a jack of all trades, and master of none. You have to find a reasonable balance between versatility and talent when building an O-line.

Catalina was that guy, that was favored over Kalis on the final cuts and opening-day roster, and it was for the reasons above.
And where is Catalina now ? He's waived and job-less, while Kalis is on a 53 man roster. Which further establishes the point I started making months ago.

Last edited:
“He was more "NFL-ready" at the guard position, had a great college resume, and great training camp, and great overall talent profile.”

Well apparently the front office and coaching staff disagreed. If he was ‘great' it would be hard to fathom a team in dire need of help along the line signing guys off the street to play instead of promoting from within.

“He was more "NFL-ready" at the guard position, had a great college resume, and great training camp, and great overall talent profile.”

Well apparently the front office and coaching staff disagreed. If he was ‘great' it would be hard to fathom a team in dire need of help along the line signing guys off the street to play instead of promoting from within.

When the team was in dire need of help on the line, and signing guys off the street - promoting Kalis was not an option. He was claimed by Indy, long before this whole injury bug hit.

My bad. I thought it must be a recent event in order to be a current topic. Sorry for the confusion.

My bad. I thought it must be a recent event in order to be a current topic. Sorry for the confusion.

Yea, Kalis was claimed over a month ago, on Oct 3rd.
I made it a current topic, because I'm still heartbroken of the loss.
And it seemed relevant too, because the "loss" is becoming more evident and haunting, in light of our recent challenges.

Well, apparently the entire starting five is active today. So there's that.

That's an argument, but easy to make when you aren't the guy who has to figure out how to field an OL for a game when 3/4ths if your starters can't go. I'm pretty sure Callahan drove the decisions made and he's probably the best OL coach in the NFL.

I think he's more qualified to make the decision - just sayin'

When the team was in dire need of help on the line, and signing guys off the street - promoting Kalis was not an option. He was claimed by Indy, long before this whole injury bug hit.

Maybe you'll be proven right. I would just argue that college performance doesn't necessarily equate to thriving as a pro. And you're second guessing one of the best OL coaches in the league based on it. Whether or not guys we kept don't stick with the team or can't get it done is only relevant if Kalis turns out to be highly capable.

Maybe I'm all wet - I just think one of the most common fan phenomena is predicting every guy we let go is the second coming or a future HOFer....

Sometimes teams have to make tough calls and may do so for reasons that aren't readily apparent - I.e. we don't have all of the info they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.