• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 11/10/17: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

November 10, 2017

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:
“Out will be Matt Ioannidis, hand; Arthur Jones, shoulder. And then questionable: [Trent] Williams, knee; [Jamison] Crowder, hamstring; [Shawn] Lauvao, stinger; [Spencer] Long, knee; [Morgan] Moses, ankle; [Ty] Nsekhe, core muscle; [Montae] Nicholson, shoulder; [Niles] Paul, concussion; [Brian] Quick, concussion; [Jordan] Reed, hamstring; [Brandon] Scherff, knee; and [Zach] Brown, ankle.”

On TE Jordan Reed's inability to practice today:
“Yeah, just trying to get him where he feels good about running. Give him another day of rest. He had to work with the trainers and strength coach and we'll see where he is tomorrow.”

On TE Niles Paul's status:
“Same. He's a guy we have to get through the protocol and make sure he's OK before we even think about activating him. But we want to get the final official word probably this afternoon, we'll probably get the official word this afternoon or first thing in the morning.”

On concern Paul hasn't been able to practice:
“It's, like I said, with a lot of these guys who haven't been able to participate in practice a whole lot, you want them out there. But Niles has been here and knows the system, been in the meetings and he's prepared if he is allowed to play, or if he can play I should say. So that's not a concern as far as that's concerned.”

On T Trent Williams practicing today:
“I think he is trying it out [to] see how it feels. It was nice to see him put his helmet on for the first time in a while, get his wrists taped, have the jersey put on over his shoulders. Wanted to make sure it still fit [laughter]. The big thing is with him is one, he has to feel comfortable enough we can be effective. He's played at such a high level his whole career, I think with the pain he has been having he just doesn't feel like himself. If he feels like he can go, I'm sure he will go. He's the toughest guy on this football team. This thing has been bothering him obviously so we will play it by ear. I think we will see how he feels and if he can play he'll play and if not we will hold him out another week.”

On keeping 13 offensive linemen on the active roster:
“Yeah, that's been the whole thing – we haven't been sure. If I knew for sure Williams, Nsekhe, Long, Moses, Scherff, all those guys were playing, then we could make some moves. But since we're not sure with their status until tomorrow – or sometimes we need to make sure they get to the hotel and nothing happens nowadays – we've just got to hold onto them. We'll adjust that number at some point. Hopefully very soon.”

On the amount of time before WR Keenan Reynolds will play:
“He's at least [a couple weeks away], more probably. I think if we use him, it'd have to be as a return guy. As long as Crowder's OK, we can just keep him here and teach him the offense and see how he does out here on the practice squad.”

On the value in a rookie like DL Jonathan Allen still coming to the facility when injured:
“There is value. I think right now the most important thing for him though is to get himself out of that surgery, get the rehab going and then once he feels like he can get up and move around, then I think we'll see more of him.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man - was hoping we'd be healthier for the Vikes but it really doesn't sound any better this week.

Really need Zach Brown. Leads the league in tackles and is #2 in sacks by a LB while the guys near him have played 9 games. Washington has been doing a pretty good job of working around a lot of injuries but this hurts :black_eyed:

I don't know if this is a good thing but when I see guys going Limited in Practice I feel pretty encouraged. I'd be happy to see one more guy come back then the Skins lose in a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.