• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 11/3/17: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

November 3, 2017

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:
“Out will be [Matt] Ioannidis, hand; [Shawn] Lauvao, stinger; [Niles] Paul, concussion; [Jordan] Reed, hamstring. Doubtful will be [Spencer] Long, knees; [Ty] Nsekhe, core muscle; [Trent] Williams, knee. Questionable will be [Jamison] Crowder, hamstring; [Brandon] Scherff, knee; [Bashaud] Breeland, groin; [Robert] Kelley, ankle; [Montae] Nicholson, shoulder; [Martrell] Spaight, shoulder.”

On S DeAngelo Hall's status for Sunday:
“Yeah, we are going to meet after this beautiful press conference and make a decision of what we are going to do. Odds are we will get him up somehow.”

On if there is still concern for WR Jamison Crowder:
“There is concern going forward but we are going to let him get some rehab here and see what he can do and then make a decision whether or not he will be with us or not on this flight and then go from there.”

On if TE Jeremy Sprinkle can step up given the injuries at the position:
“Sprink will be ready, man. He has been ready to go for a while. He is beyond his years. He is a young guy, but he's been good. He's been good on scout team helping us out and just waiting for his opportunity. Now he's got it and we are excited to watch him play.”

On if CB Kendall Fuller will become the punt returner:
“You can assume what you want. We have other plans in mind... Lots of fair catches [laughter].”

On practicing inside with noise:
“Yeah, we just do music. I don't like the crowd noise thing. It always sounds like static and hurts everybody's ears so the music is good enough just to go with the process of the cadence and all that stuff.”

On if he has any music favorites:
“They played a little Guns N' Roses. They didn't play any country for me or anything exciting, but it was all right.”

On how C Chase Roullier will handle the crowd noise in Seattle in his first road start:
“Chase will be fine. I think it will be a challenge, without a doubt. I mean, it will be for all these guys. Sprinkle, Chase [Tyler] Catalina and even [Arie] Kouandjio hasn't played in a while so it will be a great opportunity for them but a great challenge, as it is every week, home or away.”

On if he expects T Duane Brown to play for the Seahawks:
“I would expect to see him. I don't think they traded for him to sit him on the bench. So I think he is going to play but it just depends on how much he learned and if he picked it up and if he got over there healthy, which I assume he did. He's a great player and a good trade for them.”

On playing against mobile quarterbacks:
“It's always a challenge. We've got a couple we've already played with Alex Smith and Dak [Prescott] and obviously Carson Wentz and this one here is no different. He is probably a little bit slippy … slippier-er … more slippery. Is that it? There you go. But he's got great pocket awareness. He's like Houdini when he gets out of that stuff and every coach that has ever played against him says you have got to contain him, you have got to keep him in the pocket and nobody ever does. So he will get outside the pocket. We just have got to minimize the damages when he does, cover downfield and then have great pursuit angles for him and force him into some bad decisions hopefully, which he doesn't make a lot of.”

On how he stays upbeat:
“I'm just a happy guy. I am going to stay upbeat and I have got a great group of guys who are all paying attention and practicing hard. The guys are going to be given a great opportunity, the ones that are going to play, and the veteran guys – the players that [do] have some experience – are the ones that are going to have to carry us and lead. I think we've got great leaders in here still available to us. They are going to have to carry the way, pave the way for us. We're in good shape.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On S DeAngelo Hall's status for Sunday:
“Yeah, we are going to meet after this beautiful press conference and make a decision of what we are going to do. Odds are we will get him up somehow.”

OK, I'm sure there're some fans here that aren't thrilled to hear this statement but I don't know the team has too many options at this point. Whatever move they have to make on the roster is more of a concern.

Excited to see what Sprinkle can do.

Also read this week where Pryor's been nursing a foot injury that is now healed and that he's ready to contribute. Better late than never I guess? I wonder if his hands have healed? lol

Is the new DE Jones playing this week?

Not trying to be negative(even though I have been alot lately) but I don't see how they win in Seattle given that Ax has to play TE and Boone and Om are playing Oline this week.

Hell of a season.........

“Right now I'm worried about getting myself mentally, physcially, emotionally, ready to play Sunday. Embrace every day, taking notes, getting myself ready. I'm a very positive person, I'm a very optimistic person and I'm excited to be here. I smile a lot, a couple teammates make fun of me for having a big smile, but that's me. I'm going to keep smiling.” - Defensive lineman Arthur Jones

link: http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Top-10-Quotes-Week-9-Redskins-Vs-Seahawks/48c75cff-5071-41ac-bd48-f2d557793620

While it's obviously the coaches call, that sounds like a 'yes' to at least a handful of plays. He & Manusky have a history together which helps. Last week Lanier out snapped McGee. If that handful of plays that Jones may come in for cuts down McGee's snaps even more I'm all in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.