• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications - 2017 Week 9 - Redskins @ Seattle (special DUAL addition)

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Due to a mix up on the part of the Blognostications staff, we have a special, dual Blognostication this week featuring pieces by member (and Seattle resident) Johnssbass and staff member LoyalSkinsFan. Hope you enjoy these somewhat differing view points.

Blognostications - 2017 Week 9 - Redskins @ Seattle

Awesome job John and Bruce! I lean to your take Bruce... and ironically, it's because of a factor that the more optimistic John pointed out.

Unless you've been in that stadium on game day, you really can't appreciate the intensity level that fanbase brings. Going to a home game at Fed Ex is like visiting on Bingo Night at the Seniors Home by comparision. Part of it is that incredibly compact and vertical stadium, part of it the weather (all those clouds keep the noise right where it is), and a lot of it is the '12th man' mentality.

DC will never, ever have that kind of intensity I'm sorry to say. Washington is a transitional, always morphing city and always will be. There's probably more populace turnover in the DC-MD-Nova area than in any other major city due to the nature of being the Nation's Capital. That results in half of every Fed Ex Field crowd being opposing fans, casual fans, or wine and cheesers. Just the way it is.

But Seattle? Those fans are sick and they're mean. It's going to be loud, inhospitable, and ugly. We aren't ready for it imho.

And finally, Bruce, so agree on the Seahawks uni's and colors. Hate that team but love their look. And I don't care if Pete Carroll is a nice guy. On game days, he's a whiny child - he can suck it :)

First of all.....let's call it what it is, it wasn't so much a Blognostications Staff mixup as it was a ME mixup. I was slotted for the Saints game and wrote one for the Seahawks game. Bob was kind enough to put it up anyway. Sorry, JohnssBass, definitely wasn't trying to steal any thunder and thought you wrote a great piece!

Bob...I'll handle the Saints game, too.

Boone....Fedex doesn't come anywhere near what the Seattle home games are like - but I do have to say that RFK sure did. Miss that place.....

In any case, they still have to play on Sunday. Go Skins!! HTTR

Good read, LoyalSkinsFan! Don't worry - I've got no thunder to steal (just don't touch my lighting). I liked having two pieces. Different things brought out in each one.

When I lived in So Cal it was John Robinson I at USC then with the Rams afterwards. Might be the Rams best coach ever but he never seemed able to beat the Skins in the playoffs.

:welcoming: For you and brother Boone as far as the Ducks & Hawk's uni's - sorry, :thumbsdown: don't like 'em but I've been around them for 30 years so kinda wore out on them. Huskies uni's on the other hand, I never tire from, they got it right. (by the way I am looking forward to UW pounding the Ducks tonite)

Always loved John Robinson...always struck me as total class...

I loved having two opposing takes this week, even if it was only by accident. Made me think we need to retire 'Blognostications' and move to 'Point/Counterpoint'.

Ax (errr....Jane) ... you ignorant slut!

Great job by both of you, enjoyed both takes.

Love the articles and agree with a lot of points in both. I have a love hate relationship with the Hawks. While I like Russel Wilson with the NC State connection and having a co-worker that played for them back in the day, I can't get over their talkative defense and a different co-worker that moved from Seattle was non-stop talker. And while Carroll might be a nice guy and obviously a good coach, I think he left USC in the lurch.

That all being said, none of that has anything to do with the game. Johnssbass made a ton of good points about how these Seahawks aren't as good as years past and it almost convinces me we have a chance. I do think it will be close, but it's going to be hard winning on the road there in our current condition.

We're injured and beaten up.

Let's play ball.

Good job guys.

Just like last week, it falls to Gruden to come up with a great Plan A. Because there's never a Plan B.
He failed last week.

And then Crook Cousins has to execute that great, Plan A.

It's gameday, and my Burgundy and Gold blood can only contemplate a win.

Not worried about the injuries. They can be worked around with a great game plan. The injuries might actually force Gruden to step outside of his system and try things that fits the talent he has, instead.

Sprinkle will be a bright spot.
So will Maurice Harris.

Redskins 20
Seattle 17

BTW, the Seattle uniform looks like the afterbirth from a rhinoceros, mixed with orangutan shite!

Ax (errr....Jane) ... you ignorant slut!
That's just great.

I've been around these parts, watching our team play for years, and nobody calls me an "expert".

But, you screw 27 random strangers at a metro stop, in one afternoon, and all of a sudden I'm a slut.

Jeebus! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.