• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Goodell Tours New Tottenham Stadium - NFL's London Home for Next 10 Years

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
NFL COMMISSIONER VISITS NEW STADIUM SITE

This stadium is going to truly be something else. Here is just one amazing fact for you...It will have two playing surfaces. The bottom surface will be a state of the art artificial field for NFL games which will be topped by a removable, natural grass pitch for Tottenham Hotspur home matches. The grass pitch will slide completely up under the single tiered south stand to allow for NFL games.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is already working plans for the stadium to host a Premier League Spurs match and an NFL game on the same day.

NFL COMMISSIONER VISITS NEW STADIUM SITE

This stadium is going to truly be something else. Here is just one amazing fact for you...It will have two playing surfaces. The bottom surface will be a state of the art artificial field for NFL games which will be topped by a removable, natural grass pitch for Tottenham Hotspur home matches. The grass pitch will slide completely up under the single tiered south stand to allow for NFL games.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is already working plans for the stadium to host a Premier League Spurs match and an NFL game on the same day.

This will be a mighty fine stadium when it's finished. One drawback will be the transport links are not as good as Wembley but I'm sure it'll be fine. The stadium its self is being built with NFL changing rooms and office space on one side and the football (soccer) set up on the opposite side, so whilst it's saying it's a ten year plan, I'm sure they are thinking extremely long term and possible franchise home.

This will be a mighty fine stadium when it's finished. One drawback will be the transport links are not as good as Wembley but I'm sure it'll be fine. The stadium its self is being built with NFL changing rooms and office space on one side and the football (soccer) set up on the opposite side, so whilst it's saying it's a ten year plan, I'm sure they are thinking extremely long term and possible franchise home.

My understanding is that there are plans to put in a train station right across the High Road from the stadium. Granted, I've not seen a time table on this yet but when complete that should help immensely with the commute.

Latest Arial Shots of the NFL's New London Home

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is nearing completion. In these shots you can see they have nearly finished laying the turf field with the NFL shield in the center. The first NFL game is schedule for Oct. and will Seattle v Oakland.

So ... two teams from the West Coast are going to fly to London to play a game. Which one gets the honor of counting it as a home game?

I've said it before, but I really don't care for the idea of spreading the NFL to Europe or other countries. If they were looking at Canada and Mexico (or even South America) it might make more sense to me. But Europe? It's just not practical. The ultimate dream I guess for the NFL would be to have a number of leagues around the world, with the 'Super Bowl' being the championship for teams all over the world. But the idea that you're going to have international play within a single league - it just doesn't work. Truth is, football is a uniquely American game and I suspect it always will be.

I've said it before, but I really don't care for the idea of spreading the NFL to Europe or other countries. If they were looking at Canada and Mexico (or even South America) it might make more sense to me. But Europe? It's just not practical. The ultimate dream I guess for the NFL would be to have a number of leagues around the world, with the 'Super Bowl' being the championship for teams all over the world. But the idea that you're going to have international play within a single league - it just doesn't work. Truth is, football is a uniquely American game and I suspect it always will be.

It has gained popularity overseas much more than I ever thought it would, but it's easy to see where the NFL stands on the World Stage while watching the World Cup. Soccer/futbol will never be unseated by the NFL as the World's favorite sport.

I also think Goodell is going to stretch the NFL players/teams thin by making them travel so much with any actaul moves to Europe. However, I can imagine that was said of the teams that first went to LA and other points along the West Coast back in the 60's.

Last edited:

I agree Boone but I don't think the NFL does.

I do know that American style football is getting bigger in England, and not just because of our own English members here. It is talked about often on English soccer forums too.

One other thing that has flown under the radar here in the US a bit. Shad Khan, the owner of the Jaguars, has put in a bid to buy Wembley Stadium from the English FA for some 800 million. While he also owns an English PL soccer club, Fulham, he has said that buying the stadium is not about rehoming his soccer club. The current thought is that he wants to move the Jags from Jacksonville to London and make them the first Euro NFL franchise. This is a totally separate deal from Spurs contract with the NFL to host 2 games a year in their Tottenham stadium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.