• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread: 2017 Week 9 - Redskins @ Seahawks

What do the B&G do against Seattle?

• Win

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Who are these guys again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Even with a healthy lineup, winning in Seattle would be tough.

Any lingering injuries, combined with a head coach incapable of consistently putting together a winning game plan. On top of the inability to get any meaningful contributions from the WR corp. And the complete failure of producing an even average professional running attack in 3 and a half years, means that the smart money will be on losing big next week.

Of course, any given Sunday always gives us a chance.

Seattle 45
Redskins 6

EDIT: The return of, at least Scherff, and the forced participation of Sprinkle, improves the running game enough to elevate the entire offense. Combined with Manusky's defense continuing to be the best unit on the team, hope, as entered the room.

Redskins 20
Seattle 17

Last edited by a moderator:
This team has too much fight in it to get totally trucked. But I don't see us winning in Seattle. Have we ever won in Seattle?

We've yet to beat the modern Seahawks (with Carroll and Wilson). That stadium since Carroll arrived is insane. I take no comfort from years prior to that.

Seattle isn't that team anymore though. They gave up 38 to a rookie QB AT HOME. Think about that for a minute. That defense used to be unbeatable when playing in Seattle.

Lots of the same names are there still so it is formidable but Father Time stands still for no man. They are not the same guys they were just 3 or 4 years ago. Not to mention I think the secondary was always over rated and made better by the amazing pass rush and run D of the line.

My concern isn't putting points up. My concern is giving points up to Wilson who put up 41 against a JJ Watt led defense yesterday.

We've yet to beat the modern Seahawks (with Carroll and Wilson). That stadium since Carroll arrived is insane. I take no comfort from years prior to that.

The 2011 win was 2 out of the 3 factors.
It was in the new & insane stadium, and it was vs Carroll.
Only Wilson was missing.

Otherwise, we've never played there with all 3 factors, so it's still an unknown.

Well - they've played a powderpuff schedule so far - only decent teams they've played are Green Bay in the opener, and the Rams. So their 5-2 is not really a true reflection. But that stadium is brutal - doesn't matter who is on their roster. And they've had our number plain and simple.

So it counts that they were led by JJ Watt, the cheerleader ?
Because Watt was on the sidelines, with an injury out for the year :)

D'uh! Just goes to show you how dialed into the NFL I haven't been this year. Thanks for the correction.

But this year, we got the "West Coast's number". :)
We are 3-0 against West Coast teams.
And 0-4 against Non-West Coast teams.

Yeah right ... now there's a meaningful stat :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WP reporting that Ioannidis is out for Seattle and Reed is not expected to play. If Paul doesn't pass the concussion protocol then Sprinkle should get plenty of reps.

Matt Ioannidis hurts the most I think. A lot of Hood at NT yesterday - much like last year, he isn't a NT he needs to be on the end where he is far more effective. While McCain may not have piled up numbers he had 6 tackles and he did entice Smith (4 time pro-bowler) into 3 holding calls + 3 false starts so he's doing something right. Lanier looked inspired and was pushing his way into the backfield - he needs more reps while McGee is a rag doll - he needs fewer.

Elliot torched them running it but how many of Dallas's 33 points do you hang on the D and how many off of Redskins turnovers? The turds ran the ball 39 times, set up mostly by Washington falling behind.

Last edited:
The Redskins team that crushed Oakland and had the NFL world saying 'hey wait a minute' would have been a pretty solid bet to go to Seattle and come away with a win.

The Redskins B/C team that will fly across the country that has since been thoroughly gutted by injuries, however, can be expected to put up a fight based on what we've seen so far, but cannot go sixty minutes with any kind of competent opponent fielding actual starters. We were one a few weeks ago, but we're not now. Seattle is.

We'll hang tough for a quarter, maybe two. But it's gonna be a long second half Sunday night fellas.

Seattle has nothing in their RB's. Example against Houston - 3 backs combined for 16 carries - and netted 5 (five, not a misprint) yards. Wilson always a danger and Skins have had issues with QB's that can run but the most he has run was 12 times against the leagues worst run defense, SF. TE's a problem for Washington's defense and Graham has been pretty good lately so something to keep an eye on.

Seahawks have had to come from behind in the 4th quarter against in 2 of their 3 home games this season; Houston & SF. Expect it to come down to the last half of the final quarter. Not the Skins best quarter; they've scored fewer points in the 4th than their opponents in 3 of the last 4 games but Washington's top 2 CB's are reasonably healthy (at least by Redskins metrics) and their Safety's are improving with the more rep's they're getting. DJ's been getting kinda hammered lately but he's been very busy trying to get these guy's setup on the field.

A very winnable game for the Burgundy & Gold overall and I have faith they'll pull one out of the hat despite the injuries.

If Reed and Crowder can't go, we should see an improvement in the running game, and hopefully, punt returns.

OK, so going on what we've seen thus far this last couple of weeks...

Seattle let the Texans hang a bunch of points on them, so we can hang in this game if we play perfectly. There's no room for error anymore with our injuries the way they are.

Which is a problem because we've been more than a little error prone lately, which I feel has been a result of a combination of things. The one thing I'll say for this team is that it never gives up, but that along with all the injuries means I'm wondering if there's an element of over reaching. I wonder if some of the players are trying to overcompensate for the loss of starters and as a result we're seeing mistakes we didn't see early in the season.

The other thing we've been seeing lately is that Gruden is doing a great job of early game planning... but a shoddy job of adjustments as the game goes on. If we do get some of our starters back then I expect us to follow the recent pattern and jump out to an early lead only to let the Seahawks back into the game. With our O Line depleted I expect Gruden to plan in some plays using the Tight Ends to supplement the line and try to get a running game going and using a quick pass game to get the ball out before our weakened O-line collapses. I think that'll work for a while, but then the Seahawks will adjust on us and we won't be able to counter.

So..... as a result I think it'll be the usual drill.

Seahawks 34
Redskins 24

That said... there's a part of me that's sniffing an out of the blue upset this week. Got a feeling in my bones....
I'm not expecting it, just got a feeling that this week the Skins may just look better than the sum of their damaged parts.

Here's hoping. :D

A little wet with some sprinkles. Kinda cold - upper 30's - 9 AM

Weather about the same a little snow here & there.
Looks like Tyler & Scheriff are active.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.