• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread: 2017 Week 9 - Redskins @ Seahawks

What do the B&G do against Seattle?

• Win

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Who are these guys again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay so jay waits til it's 3rd & 22, after 2 incompletes to run on a 2 minute drive? Seems legit

Has Jay called any screens, or passes to Sprinkle?

Yeah - and he bounced it in the air and almost caused an interception :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm definitely part of the fire the offensive coordinator club...or F.O.C. off Jay!

I so do love seeing Michael Bennett frown.

Wow. Almost had a heart attack, but it is satisfying to get a W when it seemed an L was likely (especially after Seattle scored the go ahead score with less than 2 minutes left).

Ummm.... no :)

Well... you know what Mick and the Boys always said...

The Redskins pulling this one out saved my fandom for a while. We've all seen it before. Skiins give valiant gutsy effort only to fade down the stretch and give one they should have won away. Let's be honest. Was there a Redskins fan anywhere who wasn't playing the entire scene out, a foregone conclusion, both before and after the go ahead score? Even with under a minute to go - did you really, really in your heart's heart believe we would stop them and hold on to win?

I know I didn't.

I didn't even want to watch.

But I did.

Kirk Cousins played his worst game in 3 seasons today imho. He was terrible. Missed open receivers. Had zero pocket awareness. Held onto the ball and took multiple unnecessary sacks. Refused to give his WRs any chance at all to make catches. Fumbled the ball. He looked like a rookie starter out there. But when crunch time came - real crunch time, who steps up and makes some unbelievable plays? Yep. Captain Kirk. Does that mean that without him as a long-term starter, we're doomed? Does it mean that we should pay the man, because he's worth every penny? It doesn't mean either of those things. All Cousins has done is call into question those things this year. And yes - I'm aware that our OL is held together with duct tape and popsicle sticks, and he's throwing to Winken, Blinken, and Nod. But the things he can control, he screwed the pooch on today. Until the end. And the fact that he found a way, in an incredibly hostile environment, in bad weather, with no one giving him a chance - it means something. Just exactly what and how much, I don't know - but when he had to, Kirk was the guy.

And our D and D coaches? What can you say. The bent, and bent, and bent, and yeah, they even got some calls and a few lucky bounces. In the end though, they didn't break. They found a way to hold on and win.

That's all we can ask for on any given Sunday in this crazy league. Hats off to Jay Gruden. The Redskins tiptoed up to irrelevant today, and refused to allow themselves to be irrelevant. The fight these guys show, even when it's not enough, it's something to see. And I have to think that right along with poor clock management, abandonment of the run, and other head coaching/playcalling sins, he needs to get credit for this team's toughness and resilience.

Today - the good guys won. And saved my fandom, at least for another week. I didn't get what I want today. But I got what I need.

Last edited:
Manusky has worked wonders with little to work with. Ya really can't ask for much more out of that group. I also can't believe I'm saying this, but thank goodness Hall was able to come back. Early on this year, I had hoped he would just call it quits. My hats off to him, with a very good showing in his first game back.

Can't remember Cousins ever being so clutch. I'm with Boone, and had fully expected the loss once Seattle scored. We just never seem to pull it out late like that, and I was already lacing up my boots to run out for some 7-11 coffee to soak my sorrows in.

If nothing else, this team has shown some serious grit this season, and think Manusky nastiness has rubbed off on the entire team.

Manusky's Maulers get this win. They took it to the Seahawks, and covered up another turd of a game plan by our offense.

#8 did as good as he could, considering he had to orchestrate the turd. And he was money at the end.

I didn't see a Recon this week so maybe this isn't the right spot.

There was a huge difference between what Seahawk fans were spewing forth before the game and what they vented afterwards. Maybe something to add to the Recon - a 'You like that' section

I took back responsibility for Recon this year but couldn't reach out to it this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.