• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread: 2017 Week 8 - Cowboys @ Redskins

What's your result?

• Win

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Magic 8 Ball says...

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
After we scored the last TD, I thought we had a far better chance of an onside kick, with 4 minutes remaining, especially the way their offense was running our defense down the field the whole game with long drives.
We were counting on a 3 and out, or a 6 and out, and I don't even think the defense did that the whole game.

In a vacuum maybe I agree - but (as another member reminded me) did you see our kickers attempt at an onside kick against Philly? It was horrific.

Statistically the insides kick is the far bigger gamble with 4+ minutes to go. If I'm going to take a big risk with any of the Redskins units, I put my most faith in our D. Our ST units (other than Tress) are some of the worst in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After we scored the last TD, I thought we had a far better chance of an onside kick, with 4 minutes remaining, especially the way their offense was running our defense down the field the whole game with long drives.
We were counting on a 3 and out, or a 6 and out, and I don't even think the defense did that the whole game.

Another thing I don't get, is a little over 2 minutes remaining, and there's a completion to Bryant, who is pushed out of bounds, and never hit the ground. Yet, the refs made the clocks keep running.

I wish the Redskins would onside kick more, but in that situation, kicking it deep was the right call. The defense was able to get the ball back for the offense, so it was the right call. If they onside kick, Dallas only needs about 20 yds for a FG to end it. Playing field position in that weather with a chance of a fumble was the right call.

As for the clock running, I wondered that too. The official deemed that his forward progress was stopped prior to going out of bounds, so the clock runs. That usually happens when a guy is pushed back and out of bounds. They mark the forward progress to where he was hit and keep the clock running. I didn't think it was a good call, but that is what they ruled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.