• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves 10/19/17

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
October 19, 2017

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:
DL Jonathan Allen

The Redskins signed the following practice squad player to their active roster:
DL A.J. Francis

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:
DL Ondre Pipkins

In addition, the Redskins commenced the 21-day practice period for S DeAngelo Hall.

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Redskins were the 0-6 49ers I would have no problem bringing in untested players to give them a shot when guys go down.

But the team is still competitive for the division.

A field goal might be the difference in the game against the Eagles.

Do you want a guy that has never made it on to a season opening 53 man roster going out for that kick?

On the defensive line, I would think there is a veteran out there that could give us a bit more than Francis who has never established himself as even a solid backup at this level.

As much as I hate a debate, I think that I have to disagree with you Bulldog. I looked online at available FA DL/DEs and what I saw available don't look much better "on paper" not to mention, I would rather have a young man like, A.J. Francis coming in healthy and hungry. I looked him up...Francis was a four-year starter at Maryland and earned All-ACC honorable mention his last year.

I think the same about Nick Rose. I know kickers though, they are a little more worrisome to fans. Check out this video
https://247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Nick-Rose-hits-80-yard-field-goal--109100919

Rose has a strong leg but only made 28 of 37 kicks in college.

So accuracy seems to be an issue not talent.

And what tends to go when you are under pressure as a quarterback, kicker, etc?

Accuracy.

Not ability to get distance on kicks or yardage on throws for qbs.

I would rather have a veteran that's going to make the 45 yard and in kicks but is questionable on longer attempts than a guy that can kick from 60 in practice but has never even attempted an extra point in the NFL.

Yes - 100% agree Bulldog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody panned Hopkins when he was signed because he couldn't beat out Hocker in New Orleans.

I think we came out on the good side of that.

Truth is, you never know about young kickers but I'd rather take a chance on uncovering a gem than an old recap kicker with the yips.

On second thought, I took a look at available veteran NFL kickers, and they're all shaky.
I'll stick with Rose.
For anyone still against the signing, I challenge you to come up with a name, that's available, experienced, and hasn't had major issues over the last couple years.
I'll take the un-proven guy, over the guy who's proven to have trouble with just extra points in the previous 2 years.

I talked with my good friend, Rose Bush, and she said that our new kicker should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.