• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2017 Baseball

Played a lot of baseball growing up, never became a fan of watching it. I did watch UVa win the college world series a few years back, but almost never watch pro ball.

I did catch the Nationals 8th inning grand slam to keep their series alive last week. Thankfully, didn't see them implode the next night.

As for the Yankees...I've heard Mike and Mike discussing, but in my book New York sports teams are pretty much the devil. This is the most energy I've ever committed to baseball - because I can't stand to see a thread just sitting there with zero replies!

Ha, thanks.
I was hardcore fan when I was young, but I guess I, like a lot of people, when you combine this current fast-paced society, with the fact that baseball is such a long season, and the fact that it's not nearly as non-stop excitement as other sports, then it's hard to maintain interest during the regular season. But a lot of us turn into casual fans when the postseason comes up, and there's usually a good storyline, that formulates with it.
Don't know if you've had a chance to watch any of Aaron Judge, but this kid is special, and is the future of the Yankees.
He's only 25, and already has broken a couple records - broke McGwire's rookie HR record....and broke Babe Ruth's season record for HR's at home.

My input...YANKEES SUCK, Dodgers are going to win it all! :)

In all seriousness, I've been a Dodgers fan since I was a kid and they last won the pennant then WS in '88. Yep, I'm a born and raised California girl who loves her Dodgers & Lakers...BUT LOVES the Redskins for football. My parents are originally from Silver Spring, so while all us kids were encouraged/allowed to root for our LA teams in baseball and basketball, my dad made sure we had our heads screwed on straight when it came to which team we were indoctrinated into for football.

Consequently, I feel as though being a Redskins fan has helped me learn to cope well with Dodgers' seasons that begin with high expectations and end in utter disappointment, lol. However, this year I think we are better than any other team with our starting pitching, bullpen and offense. I think we got this.

P.S. Kike Hernandez just MIGHT have surpassed Ryan Kerrigan on my personal athlete crush spectrum with his 3 HR's tonight. Oooohh La la!!! :cheer2: :love: :wink-new:

#ThisTeam

Edit: Whoops meant for random thought

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.