• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New BGO Search Engine, Powered by Threadloom

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The vBulletin software's forum search engine is notoriously bad. A number of you, including @Fear The Spear, @Win4us, and others, have pointed out major issues with the search engine and it's inaccuracies and poor capabilities over the years.

Today, we went live with a brand new 3rd party search tool, powered by Threadloom, easily the best forum search engine available.

Threadloom is the first search engine designed from the ground up specifically for forums. It's a completely new solution that uses the power of the cloud and packages the latest in search technology and design into an easy-to-install plug-in. The result is fast, high-quality, and beautiful forum search.

Threadloom features include:

Relevant results
Forum-specific ranking model and search innovation produce the most relevant results for our users.

Spell correction
Threadloom auto-corrects typos and word breaks, and even recognizes slang.

Responsive and adaptive UI
Threadloom works as well on phones as it does on desktops, and automatically selects fonts and colors to match our existing style.

Try out our new Threadloom search engine by typing your search word(s) in the search box at the top right of any page. Just fyi - should you select 'Advanced Search', you'll be directed to the usual (and ineffective) vBulletin search tool. To use Threadloom, just use the basic search box. You'll find that the new Threadloom search tool is better by leaps and bounds than our previous tool.

I just tried some random searches and this feature is a million times better than what was previous. I know a few of us digitally challenged folks appreciate it!

Yes - it really works and drilling down by user, forum, whatever parameter you want, is also very accurate. I'm pretty happy with it. If you want to find a previous post, article, or discussion, you won't have a bit of difficulty. Thanks guys, and sorry this took so long to address - until recently there weren't any real upgrade options available.

Actually I tried it without realizing I was trying it... and was wondering why I got such easy results with what I was looking for :) In other words, I vote yes (assuming I had a vote to start with <grin>)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.