• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 9/30/17: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

September 30, 2017

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:
“Out: Ty Nsekhe. Questionable: Mason Foster, Rob Kelley, Jordan Reed, Jamison Crowder, D.J. Swearinger and Will Compton. Foster, shoulder; Kelley, rib; Reed, rib/sternum; Crowder, hamstring; Swearinger, hamstring; and Compton – Will Compton – with an ankle.”

On S D.J. Swearinger's participation today:
“He watched today.”

On Swearinger's injury:
“It's getting there. We'll know more tomorrow.”

On the severity of Swearinger's injury:
“We just wanted to rest him today.”

On TE Jordan Reed and RB Rob Kelley:
“Well, they look better because we're running and we're not hitting. I think it's going to be a pain tolerance type thing. See how they handle it. Tomorrow we'll try to put them through some more running, more of a little bit of a workout, see how they're feeling. And then we'll make the decision come Monday morning.”

On LB Mason Foster's shoulder:
“He's getting his strength back, which is good. He's still got a little bit of an issue there, but again, he's the same. All those guys really, I think they're going to be closely monitored. Get treatment today again, get treatment in the morning, have our practice, our walkthrough, get on the plane, get treatment again, get treatment Monday morning and then we'll see where they're at. Lots of treatment.”

On if there's any issue stemming from QB Kirk Cousins' absence yesterday:
“We did not fine him for missing time, no. No issue. Kirk is going to be well-schooled on what happened yesterday. We reintroduced everything to him so he'll be up to speed.”

On the timing of the bye week:
“It's as good a time as any. It's a bye. I think you would rather have it later, but it is what it is. Everybody has a bye and when they come it doesn't really matter. It's just important how you play before the bye and how you come back after the bye. That's something we will address after the game Monday. We will have a team meeting Tuesday and lay out the schedule.”

On WR Jamison Crowder:
“Crowder did a little bit today. He is still up in the air.”

On if he still wants Crowder to return punts:
“Yeah, we want him back there. I guaranteed he wouldn't drop another one, remember?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need sweanger in there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.