• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Weekly Grades, Evaluations, Questions - 2017

I see Breeland stated how he likes having safeties he can trust. I think kudos goes to Gray for getting our DB's to play at such a high level. Big difference in play of Fuller since he came here.

Also, thanks BBQ. With all you have going on we appreciate the time you put into this.

Week Four Grades, Evaluations, Questions​

Greetings from BBQ. Tragedy has struck our country and we mourn the victims of this senseless act of terror. We also mourn the loss of a rock music legend and a NASCAR icon. There are times when we need to get away and football provides us with such an escape. The game did not go as we wanted, but there were some encouraging things on display Monday night.

Week four is in the books and now we take a look at how the entire team fared against the Chiefs. Moral victories do not show up in the standings, but the Redskins did give a spirited performance against the consensus number one team on the road. We will try to make some sense of it all as BBQ hands out grades, evaluations and questions. Feel free to offer your own grades, evaluations, questions, and opinions.

Let's take a look at week four.

Quarterbacks:
Question: Oh so close seems to describe Kirk Cousins against elite teams, doesn't it?
Answer: We can't deny that this is true and we must realize that a playoff win means stepping up the very next game, the same as we saw here after the Oakland victory – if you make this comparison. These are the next steps Cousins must take. He did keep the team in the game with his running ability.
Grade: B-

Running Backs:
Question: Is it too soon to give up on Samaje Perine?
Answer: No, but he needs fewer carries right now and Mack Brown needs to be active on game day – and play. Also, Rob Kelley gives a determined effort, but is not starter material. If the Redskins had a better running game on Monday night, it would've given the defense some needed breaks.
Grade: D+

Wide Receivers:
Question: Are the fans being too rough on Josh Doctson?
Answer: Yes, very much so. We've been waiting for him to get some time on the field and start making some plays. He can't be Jerry Rice immediately. However, Terrelle Pryor needs to start being a part of this offense. BBQ hopes Monday night is just the first step of many.
Grade: C+

Tight Ends:
Question: Is Vernon Davis a more reliable target at this time?
Answer: We can't discount the injuries that Jordan Reed is currently battling and on that basis alone, the answer is in the affirmative.
Grade: B

Offensive Line:
Question: Is the injury to Ty Nsekhe a cause for concern?
Answer: Let's be honest. We all had the same thought when big Trent went down for a few minutes Monday night. Let's hope Ty returns soon. The line did a very good job against the Chiefs.
Grade: A-

Defensive Line:
Question: What grade would you give their effort against the Chiefs?
Answer: While we can't give the highest marks possible, we can recognize a determined effort against the league's best offense. The lack of a Redskins running game kept the defense on the field for far too long.

Linebackers:
Question: Was this a MASH unit or a linebacking corps?
Answer: We're still hoping Col. Potter can have Radar give us a briefing on the matter. Zach Brown is still awesome.

Cornerbacks:
Question: How much did the defense miss Josh Norman after his injury?
Answer: A lot. The Redskins went from a ten point lead to being in a ferocious dogfight. The bye comes at a good time.

Safeties:
Question: How many of us are now concerned about the injury to Montae Nicholson?
Answer: Yes, Nicholson has quickly proven that he is a valuable asset. Fans are hoping he is not the next Chris Horton. Heal quickly, young man.

Special Teams:
Question: No glaring mistakes – that's a good thing, right?
Answer: If we're looking for our punt returner to simply call for fair catches without fumbling, sure – that's a positive. But yes, no glaring mistakes.
Grade: B-

Coaching:
Question: What can we say about the coaches for this fourth game of 2017?
Answer: Offense. Rob Kelley is a reserve back, not a starter. Samaje Perine can't be trusted. It's time to give Mack Brown the ball. Someone needs to light a fire under Terrelle Pryor and make him dance. Kirk Cousins continues to shine, but he can't do it alone. Vernon Davis is a warrior. The offensive line continues to look good.

Defense. Tough and determined. But they need for the offense to control the ball a little longer with a better running game.

Special teams. Needs improvement, but it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

How would you grade each position and the coaching staff? How do you feel about this team after the first one-fourth of the season? Will the defense continue their impressive start to 2017? Are you gaining confidence in in Josh Doctson and losing faith in Terrelle Pryor? Did you expect to see Montae Nicholson having such an impact? What are you expecting after the bye? On to the bye week. Next week we will feature the one and only inseason mock draft. We'll see you in two weeks with grades, evaluations, and questions.

Hail to the Redskins!

Oooooo Grades grades grades! :D

My tuppenth.

Quarterbacks
I go around in circles on that question. It comes down to what is an Elite team? And do we judge that in advance? Or retrospectively? Our Raiders victory the week before, could they be considered an Elite team? They were superbowl contenders last season that go derailed by Carr's injury, and were undefeated when we played them? Elite? But then again they looked dreadful this week. The Rams? they've beaten up on bad teams mostly and we beat them. Their schedule is pretty soft and it's possible they could get into 11-5 or 12-4 territory. When do we consider them good? Green Bay took a whupping off us last year, during their doldrums, but turned it on for the playoffs?
Hmmmm football philosophy.

Anyhow, I feel that Kirk has hit a groove at the moment and this loss to the Chiefs was less about him and more about the team around him. He had the team in position to win, no doubt about it. If we're looking for someone to blame for this defeat I'd put it on other aspects of the team. RB's inability to grind ground and clock, receivers dropping passes, defensive penalties, defensive injuries and a bad time out call. I don't think Kirk shone quite as bright as against the Raiders, for a combination of reasons I think. No QB throws a perfect game, though the Raiders game was close, but this week his comp rate was 58% a smidge higher than the 57% in week 1. The difference here was that Kirk looked really off target in week 1, whereas this week I'd say he was mostly on target and was let down by the receivers. I do think I'd go with a slightly higher grade. B+

Running Backs
Can't disagree with the grade here. The only thing I'd put forward was that Kelley was doing OK till he was re-injured. He had gains of 4, 12, 3, -4 and 5 yards before being yanked after re-aggravating his ribs on a carry for 0 yards. I'd have to look at the -4 yard run again to see where the breakdown happened there, but being caught in the backfield suggests a blocking breakdown. And if you throw out the carry he was injured on... He was averaging 6 yards a carry when he got a good look. I think he's our starter.
Perine needs more work. We just need to trust him to grind away.
Thompson is a great change of pace guy, but kind of disappeared this week.
I do think we need to spell in Mack for now and let Kelley properly heal up.
On a positive note this was that Gruden STILL stuck with the run, 26 runs to 24 passes. Long may that continue. I think if our defense hadn't got so banged up and been able to get off the field we'd have seen our Run game flourish a little more. I think the underperformance of the run game can be traced back domino effect style to the Defensive injuries. Once our secondary got decimated Alex Smith picked us apart, kept our line honest and then they went to work with their run game and dominated the clock. I'd agree with your D+ though. Not a game changing unit this week either in the run or the pass.

Wide Receivers
Agree totally. I'm happy to see Doctson start getting some run, he'll get through that rookie patch. Pryor needs to show up though. As does Crowder. Ryan Grant is the surprise :D But as a unit this lot are letting us down week to week.

Tight Ends
Vernon Davis is a GOD. Reed is little more than a Decoy at the moment, but he'll be back up to speed soon. As a unit this may be the strongest part of our team.

O Line
Can't disagree here. :D They're showing the form they had last year. Zero sacks in 3 games now after that shaky season opener.

D Line

Now here is where I do disagree a little. I think the reverse was true as I touched upon above.
The game changed for us the moment Josh Norman went down. Followed by the rest of our Secondary man by man. Without Norman locking down his half of the field, and with third stringers and rookies suddenly getting extended playing time you could see that Ryan and Smith were smart enough to exploit it. They started picking us apart at the back and then when that kept our Defense honest they started using their run game to gash us. They extended drives and dominated possession, exactly what we did to them in the first quarter. In the second Qtr alone they put together time killing drives of 7:41 and 5:40, systematically mixing short passes and runs and keeping our Offense off the field for as long as possible. Smart.
It meant that our D line got really tired and our Offense never got the chance to get onto the field. And when they did it was the Receivers that let down the drives.

For example, our first drive that ended in a punt:
Perine for 5, (Penalty for 5 on the Chiefs), Perine for 5, Perine for 3... That left 3rd and 2. Incomplete to Reed. Punt. (Can't put that one on the Run game)

Second drive that ended in a punt:
Incomplete to N.Paul, Thompson for 7. 3rd and 3... Incomplete to Pryor. (Again, the run game left us in 3rd and manageable)

Third drive that ended in a punt:
All pass plays, The first to Reed was for -4 yards, which left a long 2nd and 14. Reed got 11 of those back on the next play to make it 3rd and 3. Incomplete to Reed.

None of those drives were ended due to the run game and our Defense was put onto the field for extended periods.

The bigger issue I think here was our inability to get them off the field once Norman went out and was swiftly followed by various other members of our secondary (At various points we have Foster, Brown, Nicholson, Fuller and Allen all off the field nursing injuries), compounded by the silly penalties our Defense gave away too when they were about to get the Chiefs off the field. Like Breelands Horsecollar, Gallette's roughing the passer, and Smiths Offside on a 3rd and 9 among them.

You're right though, they hung in there and I'd give them a good solid B.

Linebackers, Cornerbacks and Safeties
I'll group this lot together.
See above. I'd also give them a B for hanging in there in the face of overwhelming injuries.

Special Teams

Can't fault them. Hopkins didn't miss all night and Tress Way is still consistent. We didn't get much of a chance to return any as all their KO's and Punts went for Touchbacks, and we never let them return anything silly. B+

Coaching
Hmmmm tough one.
It's clear that Gruden at this point isn't just paying lip service to the Run Game. He's sticking with it. The team looked fired up and ready and only really lost due to injuries decimating our chances.
There was that silly Time Out kerfuffle at the end that maybe allowed them the time they needed to ice the game, and then there was that awful gadget play right at the end which made the score look worse than it was (Honestly that was the time to shovel it to Pryor who used to be a QB!!!! Why was that the only throw to Crowder all game?!)
But as I say, he had the team ready to play on a Monday night against the best team in the league, in a hostile environment as the underdogs and we very nearly snatched a major upset.
B+ from me! :D

Bye Week Mock Draft​

Greetings from the international headquarters of BBQ. We hope you are having a very good start to the fall.

We had no Redskins football last weekend as the team had a bye week. Our grades, evaluations, and questions were posted last Thursday from game four. Feel free to scroll back and see what we said.

Today we present the one and only inseason mock draft from BBQ. It is difficult to anticipate how the draft could unfold for the Redskins so many months in advance. The bye comes early in the season and that makes this prediction even more challenging. BBQ looks forward to your scrutiny and comments.

Feel free to post your inseason mock if you are so inclined.

Let's get right to it.

Round One: Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern
The Redskins reluctantly move on from Kirk Cousins and find their signal caller of the future.

Round Two: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
The Redskins have learned the hard way that ignoring running back early in a draft is not working. Freeman is a solid back.

Round Three: Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest
The Redskins learned that picking a solid defensive end in the draft is a good thing.

Round Four: Will Hernandez, G, Texas-El Paso
The 2018 class for guards is deep and plentiful. Hernandez is huge, strong, powerful, and moves defensive linemen with relative ease.

Round Five: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
The Redskins venture down the road and find a good inside linebacker who can also play special teams.

Round Six: Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Su'a Cravens is not likely to return and the Redskins find a hidden gem at strike in the great white north.

Round Seven: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Coming from a lesser known program and conference, Wieneke actually has excellent skills and is an underrated prospect.

Round Seven: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
For the second year in a row the Redskins select a cornerback in the final round. An all around good player who has regressed a bit, but is a good prospect.

There is your only inseason mock for 2018. This list will change drastically by next winter. Or will it? Feel free to share your thoughts or post a 2018 mock. We will return to the weekly grades, evaluations, and questions next week as we take a look at game five.

See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

I am concerned about Josh Doctson's development because the Redskins are using him as a one trick pony - run straight down the field and try to make a play with height on the deep ball.

That's great as part of his repertoire, but Docston is NEVER on the field on third and 6 as a receiver the team may actually throw to to convert first downs.

He doesn't ever seem to run the slants and crosses that are a staple of the traditional WCO and for which you draft a 6'3 and 220 receiver.

He is being used here in Washington the way that you see talented but raw #4 and #5 draft picks being used on other teams.

Doctson has no polish to himself as a receiver, which is disappointing given that he was such a high pick.

Admittedly, he missed most of his rookie season - but you would think taking a guy at #22 is reflective of the fact he is a receiver that has some base of knowledge of how to run decent routes and show solid fundamentals.

Despite his college production, Docston looks like an athlete trying to learn how to be an NFL football player.

I would have hoped he was further along than that.

So, it's going to be NEXT October before we start to see him in on third downs catching those 8-10 yard sideline plays for first downs to keep drives going?

If that's the case this offense is not going to be very dynamic in 2017.

Pryor looks like a similarguy, albeit older with a bit more sophistication to his game but still raw and a guy you can't count on in the clutch.

Too often we are ending up games with Chris Thompson, Vernon Davis others accumulating the catches and key plays while we see Docston and often Pryor as well ending up with 2 or 3 catches for 30-40 yards.

It's not enough of a contribution at this point.

Forget next season. We need to see a LOT more THIS season out of them.

If things continue the way they are, Zach Brown will get a new contract to stay, but Pryor will get a chance to showcase his wares somewhere else.

First, this is not meant to be political, but rather a football issue and question.

With all the talk about decline in ratings, calls for boycotting of sponsors, and everything else in between, how or will teams start to consider new deals? I am not sure when the next TV deal is up for renewal. I am beginning to wonder if it won't be as lucrative. If networks are losing viewers then it is hard to sell to advertisers and sponsors. This means less income and a reduced salary cap. I think it would be prudent for teams to start considering the possibility of a reduced cap in the future.

I am concerned about Josh Doctson's development because the Redskins are using him as a one trick pony - run straight down the field and try to make a play with height on the deep ball.

That's great as part of his repertoire, but Docston is NEVER on the field on third and 6 as a receiver the team may actually throw to to convert first downs.

He doesn't ever seem to run the slants and crosses that are a staple of the traditional WCO and for which you draft a 6'3 and 220 receiver.

He is being used here in Washington the way that you see talented but raw #4 and #5 draft picks being used on other teams.

Doctson has no polish to himself as a receiver, which is disappointing given that he was such a high pick.

Admittedly, he missed most of his rookie season - but you would think taking a guy at #22 is reflective of the fact he is a receiver that has some base of knowledge of how to run decent routes and show solid fundamentals.

Despite his college production, Docston looks like an athlete trying to learn how to be an NFL football player.

So, it's going to be NEXT October before we start to see him in on third downs catching those 8-10 yard sideline plays for first downs to keep drives going?

Pryor looks like a similarguy, albeit older with a bit more sophistication to his game but still raw and a guy you can't count on in the clutch.

Too often we are ending up games with Chris Thompson, Vernon Davis others accumulating the catches and key plays while we see Docston and often Pryor as well ending up with 2 or 3 catches for 30-40 yards.

If things continue the way they are, Zach Brown will get a new contract to stay, but Pryor will get a chance to showcase his wares somewhere else.

You may prove to be right - it's certainly possible. But 'Admittedly, he missed most of his first season'? Let's face it - for all intents and purposes he missed ALL of his rookie season. This IS his rookie season. And he missed his rookie season due to a catastrophic injury it wasn't clear he'd come back from. And he started his real rookie season (this season) with an injury. I think the team is protecting him and bringing him along slowly, and I think it's a measure of how valuable an asset they believe he is going to be, not a reflection that they under-regard him.

Just my feeling.

And isn't the WR position notoriously known to take the most time to adjust to coming out of college ball?

If we're not seeing a pretty dominant guy 2 seasons from now, I'll be prepared to call it a blown pick. I do expect to see him get a lot more balls as the season progresses if he stays healthy.

I generally agree on Pryor (so far) but I still think it's simply a chemistry/timing thing with Cousins. We should start to see things change in the 2nd quarter of the season if that's the case. If he's not the hidden gem he looked to be and last year was a fluke, then the 1 year deal will prove to be a blessing (either because we can move on, or we can get him on the cheap).

I also wanted to mention that I think it's possible no Skins WR catches 100+ balls this year. And that's because Jay Gruden has taken control of the offense. We're running quite a bit, and he's calling plays where the ball could go to any # of guys. With Jordan Reed less dominant/reliable than he's been in other years, with Garcon gone, and with your big possession receiver still a work in progress, we're doing WR by committee. And honestly, so far it's been pretty effective.

The conventional wisdom this year was that the Redskins would rue the day they moved on from Jackson and Garcon. Can anyone really argue that it's been a devastating loss and that the teams they went to are exploding with offensive success? Garcon is averaging 5.6 catches/game with 75 yards/game. Jackson is averaging 3.5 catches/game with 62 yards/game. By comparison, the Redskins have 5 guys with 10 or more receptions (Thompson, Crowder, Reed, Pryor, and Grant).

So far this year, Tampa Bay has the 26th best passing attack in the NFL. San Fran has the 28th best passing attack.

The Redskins? We're 5th in the league. I'd say that is evidence we shouldn't be panicking.

Last edited:
One thing to consider though, Boone. There would be no timing/chemistry issue with Garcon.
And if we give our guys the benefit of doubt, that they need time to mesh with our current starting QB. Then it's safe to say the reason Garcon and Jackson aren't putting up envious numbers, is because they need more time to mesh, as well. So, your assertion isn't as cut and dried as it might seem.

I would like to have kept Garcon. But I have faith Pryor/Doctson/Crowder will eventually come around.

And right now, faith is all we got.

Sure, those are all valid points. But we may also be comparing apples to oranges, with both Jackson and Garcon on the downward slope of their careers. If Crowder, Doctson, Pryor, and even guys like Grant and Jeremy Sprinkle develop, we might have one of the best receiving corps for a decade. The youth movement the Redskins have seriously committed to might be one of the reasons we make noise this year and look to have some promise. You can't run an NFL franchise looking at just next season - that's the point.

I get your point. And it's a good one.

But for right now, we seem to have the least productive WR's in the division.
Now that the Giants have lost, well, everybody, we should move up a spot. ;)

And, like I said, I still have faith in our guys. But to date, they have been below average.

The upcoming offseason has the potential to be the most interesting in many years. I could see major changes or an incredible focus at QB, RB, LG, WR, ILB, and SS.

This is the weekend where I start to really read scouting reports, watch video, and focus on prospects for the 2018 draft (also UDFA) and potential free agents. It has been nice to have about five months off from it, but I am also excited to get going again.

I always value the input of everyone here. There are times when some of you see things or find hidden gems that elude me.

Gruden has made similar comments about Doctson, that he's made about Grant (which have now began to come to fruition.)
He's praised his route running, and not just for accuracy, but calls him very fluid, and that's of course, in addition to his obvious athletic jumping talents. That quality is a huge complement (complement, not compliment) to the athletic talents he has, that Grant does not. Which in turn, makes him well-rounded potentially, and opens the door for many route options, and IMO, not as a one-trick-pony, as has been suggested.

Last edited:
Week Six Grades, Evaluations, Questions​

Greetings from BBQ. Sunday brought expectations of coming out of the bye with a huge win. Instead, Redskins fans were treated to a team that started with a possible rout, but it ended with a very fortunate win that possibly should've been a loss.

Week six is in the books and now we take a look at how the entire team fared against the 49ers. Every victory counts in the standings, but the Redskins win on Sunday left fans feeling a bit frustrated and concerned. We will try to make some sense of it all as BBQ hands out grades, evaluations and questions. Feel free to offer your own grades, evaluations, questions, and opinions.

Let's take a look at week six.

Quarterbacks:
Question: Shouldn't the front office try to make any kind of effort to sign Kirk Cousins to a long term deal?
Answer: It takes two to tango and the team can't negotiate with him until the offseason. He is the reason the Redskins won on Sunday.

Running Backs:
Question: Are our running backs actually wide receivers?
Answer: It sure seems like it. The rushing offense was anemic, but they did have a great day receiving the ball and turning up field.

Wide Receivers:
Question: When can we expect Terrelle Pryor to take the next step?
Answer: No one really knows, but it needs to be soon. BBQ hopes the nagging injuries to Jamison Crowder heal soon. Josh Doctson is now on pace to get seven touchdown catches in 2017 in what is essentially his rookie season.
Grade: C

Tight Ends:
Question: Is Jordan Reed currently better for shorter routes and Vernon Davis on longer pass plays?
Answer: It seems like this is the case and these shorter routes are probably better for Reed's health at this time. Vernon Davis is still showing that he has great speed, solid hands, and elite route running skills. It's a great combo.
Grade: A

Offensive Line:
Question: Was this their best effort of the season thus far?
Answer: It was solid, but the Oakland game was better. Shawn Lauvao had one of his better games and Trent Williams, even with a nagging injury, is a warrior. Brandon Scherff is just plain nasty.

Defensive Line:
Question: What grade would you give their effort against the 49ers?
Answer: While some fans expected a dominating performance, it did not live up to those expectations. Still, this was a very decent effort.

Linebackers:
Question: Isn't it time to sign Zach Brown to a long term contract?
Answer: Yes. Yes it is and it is way past time to do so. He was the lone bright spot at linebacker on Sunday.

Cornerbacks:
Question: What is the evaluation for this unit?
Answer: A good first half and struggles in the second half against an offense that is 0-5 (0-6 now). They allowed a rookie quarterback (who is not a starter) to abuse them. The corners did just barely enough at the end to secure a victory.
Grade: D+

Safeties:
Question: The first half was good and the second half was a struggle, wasn't it?
Answer: Yes, read the previous statement about the corners.
Grade: C-

Special Teams:
Question: Was the crucial missed extra point after Dustin Hopkins was injured?
Answer: Possibly, but we don't know for sure. Tress Way had another decent game. Jamison Crowder has become a professional fair catch machine.

Coaching:
Question: What can we say about the coaches for this fifth game of 2017?
Answer: Offense. You take what the defense gives you, but making in game adjustments is not Jay Gruden's way. Without the decisions of Kirk Cousins, this is likely a loss.

Defense. Struggling against a rookie quarterback (who is also not a starter) at home after a bye is not encouraging. Playing to this level in Philadelphia will be a certain loss. A better effort is needed.

Special teams. We can't blame the potential of an injury for a missed extra point. The return game was nonexistent.

How would you grade each position and the coaching staff? How do you feel about this team after a win coming out of the bye? Will the defense regain their swagger this coming week? Is Josh Doctson's steady progress a sign of things to come? Were you angered by Kyle Shanahan trotting out three ex Redskins as captains for the coin toss? What are you expecting against the Eagles? On to week seven. We'll see you next week with grades, evaluations, and questions.

Hail to the Redskins!

Obviously, blocking isn't factored into the TE grade. Because they are horrid. The lack of even average blocking from Reed And Davis is the biggest reason our ground game isn't much, much more productive.

So, when adding in their blocking grade, which is an F-, the overall winds up a D+. IMHO.
And, as I said a couple weeks ago, I would entertain offers for Reed.

No doubt, QB Spurt Cousins was one of the main contributors to the win. However, his spurt of bad play during the 3rd quarter was also a big contributor to the game being closer than it should have been.

Die Eagles Die!!!!

That's why we drafted Sprinkle.
I know. And at this point, I'd rather see a rookie miss an assignment as he's learning, than to watch Reed & Davis embarrass themselves week after week.

Trade Reed.
Keep Davis as the pass catching TE.
Get Sprinkle on the field.

Bruce should call his old friends down in Tampa and dangle Reed for OJ Howard......

As far as receivers go - since week 2 Kirk has spread the ball around a lot. Pryor 4 or 5 targets a game while hauling in around 60%. He still leads the team in targets (29) but 11 of those were week 1. Grants getting 3 or 4 targets a game. He's been OK but overall pretty much average as far as WR's go. Considering where he should be on the depth chart that's really not bad.

Thompson has done well & 2nd in targets but also has had a fumble in each of the last 2 games. How long will he last running 16 times (like last week)? Not long. Crowder's targets down to 6 in the last 2 games after 18 in the first 3. Netted 8 yds on 4 catches in those last 2.

Reeds targets have been dropping, 5 in each of the last 2 games. He's had 1 RZ target & 0 end zone targets all year. Yeah he's gonna draw the coverage but just doesn't seem healthy enough to break those coverage's. He's catching at a fine rate (18 of 24) but 6 FDs & 0 TDs; kinda expect more from a TE of his caliber. Does he need another week or 2 off to heal up some more? I don't know - just a question. Davis has averaged 4 targets over the last 3 games (2 total targets in the first 2). 11 catches on 14 targets for the year, 1 TD & 7 FDs. 2nd on the team in most receiving stats on about half the targets of any guy.

Anyway, point is pretty much around 5 targets per receiver a game spread over 6 players. So some of their numbers aren't gonna look too good while some just aren't good. Maybe focus a bit more on the guys that are producing and see if the stragglers catch up? Do a couple of guys like Pryor & Doctson need more targets to see if they improve? I'd be leary of that but maybe. Doctson has had 9 targets all year so although he's only caught 4 he's only get chances deep. What happened to Quick, is he injured? 1 catch on 1 target for a 1st down in week 1. Maybe, if he's out there, he just isn't getting open. I'd be tempted to throw it to him a 2nd time but perhaps Washington is content to go through growing pains with their youth.

I think the fact our distribution on passing is wide is indicative of our lack of a playmaker in the receiving corps stepping up. Which is concerning.

I really thought Reed or Crowder especially would have taken this opportunity to grasp the playmaker roll this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.