• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Statement on Sua Cravens

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
September 18, 2017

STATEMENT FROM THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS

“Today the Redskins have officially placed Su'a Cravens on the Reserve/Left Squad list. In accordance with the NFL Constitution and Bylaws, Su'a will not be permitted to return to the club for the remainder of the 2017 NFL season, including the postseason. We sincerely hope that Su'a uses this time away from the club to reflect upon whether or not he'd like to resume his career in the National Football League in 2018.”

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like he pissed someone the hell off!

So is he still getting paid while on double secret probation?

He's done. Period. As in forever. Thankfully it happened now before they cut a guy to make room for him, only to do this later.

Nick

How long do we hold his rights? I just wondering if at what point he could sign with someone as a FA. I would like to see us trade him for something.

The showed flashes of talent, but if heart and mind not into it then the talent is wasted

It was questionable at his size and speed as a 'tweener' whether Cravens would have found a true role in the NFL as a full-time starter.

He was too small to play linebacker and IMO not a natural fit at safety.

At the time I was surprised that McCloughan knowing this team lacked depth at critical positions spend a high #2 pick on a player with this many question marks.

Usually, that #2 pick is a player that projects to an NFL position and is expected to be a regular contributor at that spot his rookie season or soon thereafter.

Oftentimes players taken in Round 2 on some boards and pre-draft predictions are picked as first rounders.

In Cravens case it was the opposite as a lot of people had him as a 3rd round pick due to the uncertainty regarding where he would play in an NFL defense.

I would have taken a DL, OG or LB at that spot who could have helped us in 2016 and beyond.

I read by the designation yesterday we didn't give him 5 days notice the team was going to do this. Now the question is if says I want to come back will there be a dispute over him getting paid.

This may prevent the team from going after a portion of his signing bonus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.