• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RI: Why Redskins fans should root for Cowboys

kirbster

Why Redskins fans should root for Cowboys

There has been much talk in NFL circles about the potential impact of an "uncapped year" - a season in which there would be no salary cap, exactly what's on tap for 2010 unless the league and the players union unexpectedly come to an agreement by early March. Could one major ramification be that the Redskins should pull for Dallas this weekend?

Read the full article

i don,t think so either.

no chance in hell..

Jerry isn't spending big bucks now anyway and if Florio was all that and a bag of chips he would see it. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out but the media is so trapped in what has usually happened before that noticing a legit change in behavior is often beyond them.

Interesting dilemma, here. Then again, a lot would depend on what needs might be addressed through free agency and whether or not that would put the Skins and Cowboys in competition at all.

It is an emotionally wrenching thought, though-pulling for the Cowbums-ick! :thud:

I do have one advantage in that area, however. I have an almost equal decades-long dislike for the Vikings which has been enhanced by a recently acquired dislike for a 40 year old diva QB with unquestioned skill and an ego to match-I can at least rest comfortably in the knowledge that one of the two teams is doomed to go down in flames.

But then again, I do tend to try to find the upside in a given situation. :)

There have been occasions when Redskins fans needed to root for the Cowboys because a victory would help the Redskins. Those were some of the hardest games I've ever had to watch. While ostensibly I was "rooting" for the Cowboys, it's was highly lackluster and without enthusiasm.

I don't see a pressing need to root for them this week. Go Vikes!

WTF?? :censored: Just great, now I feel like I need a shower. GACK!! :puke:

I couldn't keep my lunch down long enough to even consider thinking about doing such a thing. :puke: Even if the Redskins needed a Cowturds win to get in the paloffs, I'd rather go without than root for those front runnin' bastiges.

There is no way I could ever root for the Cowboys...unless my son was drafted and played for them. This won't happen since he wrestles and didn't play football.

Can't believe any diehard Redskin fan could ever cheer for the Cowboys...never!

Any Redskins fan who wouldn't do whatever was needed to benefit the Redskins is no diehard fan period, regardless of how unappetizing.

GO VIKINGS!!!! Sorry, but I just can't root for the evil empire and Emperor Jonesatine, whether it gives us an advantage in the offseason or not.

Any Redskins fan who wouldn't do whatever was needed to benefit the Redskins is no diehard fan period, regardless of how unappetizing.

This is a ridiculous statement, but I'll offer a rebuttal anyway - since rooting for one team over another from the comfort of your couch isn't necessary for anyone to win, rooting for the Cowboys is not needed.

Sorry kirb but our "cheering" for Dallas is not needed. We won't be in Minnesota and, therefore, have NO impact on the game.

Now, if Danny was paying me big bucks to sneak into the Vikes locker room and put some itching powder into Brett Favre's jock before the game because there was a certain Free Agent he wanted, I'd probably do it. :D

Cheering for Dallas is another matter altogether, though.

Rooting for something to happen that will hurt the Redskins is pathetic! Geez!

I love the Redskins and who's every playing the Cowboys.

That's how it is and how it ALWAYS will be.

This question has arisen in the past in a different form. If a Cowsquirts win meant the Redskins got into the playoffs, if they lose the Redskins would be eliminated from playoff contention, would you root for the Cowsquirts?

Well, I would say, "There is always next year!"

I will never root for them! NEVER!!! I hate them with every ounce of my being!

Rooting for something to happen that will hurt the Redskins is pathetic! Geez!

The Cowboys losing never, ever, ever hurts the Redskins.

Only two teams have the power to hurt the Redskins: The Redskins, and whatever team the Redskins are playing at any given time.

If the Redskins need the Cowboys to win in order to succeed, they've already failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.