• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2017 Keys to the Game Contest

Doctson catches 2 td's but drops an easy pass that costs us the game with under 2 minutes to go on 4th down. Hawks 21 - Skins 20

***edited my 'key' because sounds like Crowder may not make the trip***

Jeremy Sprinkle catches two TD passes in his first start, the 2nd one a 40 yard rumble to seal the deal for the good guys in a surprising upset. Skins fans ask 'Jordan who?'

Last edited:
What I had meant to say was...

Key to the Game:

Hall and Breeland suit up and return the Defense to some semblance of itself. Which allows us to defend a little and have a more balanced Defence as we return to .500

:applause:

DHall picks up where he left off in Seattle; though this time he catches the ball instead of having to knock it down in the endzone.

Thanks for keeping it alive Doc. No winner at Seattle, so let's see if anyone can nail it vs. the Vikings.

My key? Skins DBs pick off Case 3 times in the first half. Teddy ain't Ready, but he plays the 2nd half and is sacked 5 times. Good guys win.

#SeeTheKey

OK, I predicted a Skins win in my Blognostication and I stand by that.

I have 2 Keys...

All about the Offense this week.

1) Kirk has said in the press that last week he was ill, cold and headaches apparently. This week I think he plays a blinder, helped by getting some O-line back.
He goes for over 300 yards and 3 TD's.

2) And 2 of those TD's.... Doctson with his breakout game. He put the wheels in motion last week and this week things are gonna keep rolling. I think he's gaining confidence and Kirk is gaining confidence with him.

24-17 Skins

For purposes of the contest, my key will be Chris Thompson. 200+ total yds. 2 scores.

However, the real key, again, is Gruden & Crook Cousins.
It's hard to tell sometimes if Jay is clueless as to how to attack the blitz, or Crook is still too afraid to do what the coaches apparently are constantly pleading with him to do. Throw the ball and let the receivers make the play. But Jay is another system guy. Thinks his is the best ever conceived. If it is, then the QB isn't getting it done. Jay needs to show up. He's never had a game yet, that I can remember anyway, where we won because he outcoached/outfoxed the opposing coach. This needs to start happening.

As for Crook, he has to stop playing for that mega-stupid money, future contract.

Between last season, and this one, he has to be one of the most overpaid players in the league. Time to earn it. I was pleased he didn't pee his pants last week. He faced adversity, took several on the chin, and after some pleading on the sidelines from coaches, threw the ball out there to his receivers, who made the plays the offense needed to, to win the game. He needs to continue. This coming game is one he's been paid, in advance, to win.

I expect, and will not accept, anything less.

Redskins 23, Vikings 20

The key to this game is going to be continuing to exploit blitz packages.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-redskins-can-pull-off-upset-against-vikings-but-it-wont-be-easy/

The Redskins also need to capitalize on the rare chances they have to attack the blitz. According to PFF, the Vikings blitz on only 23.2 percent of their snaps. League average is 29.7 percent. Cousins has been stellar against the blitz, posting a 120.9 passer rating. So when the Vikings do blitz, the Redskins will be well-equipped to deal with it.

This is where we can kill them.. Xavier Rhodes is going to be a problem as he's one of the best CBs in the league... but we faced one of those last week and won. These are the big play chances we can take advantage of, whether it be a seam route up the middle to Davis, CT on a screen, Doctson on the outside man to man. If we can do this, they will sit back. I guess the key is to make it hurt when we can. Look to have a big play or 2 to really make it sting, specifically against the blitz.

No winner this week :(

Get your 'Key to the Game' in for the road game against the Saints on Sunday.

#SeeTheKey

My key this week - the Saints are good - very good. They started 0-2 and have reeled off 7 straight wins since. They have the 2nd ranked offense in yards/game (3rd ranked in points scored) and the 5th ranked defense in points against (8th ranked in yards/game).

The only obvious chink in their armor? They're only average in run stopping - ranked 16th against the run.

So the smart play is to keep the damn ball out of Drew Brees hands and pound the rock.

Skins average over 5 yds/carry, Samaje Perine has his best day as a pro, rushing for 130 yards and 2 TDs - and the Skins win a squeaker on a late FG.

Jamison Crowder catches half of the passes that hit his hands, instead of a quarter, and scores two tds. Josh Doctson doesn't trip over the goal line and also scores twice.

Key to the game is ball control. We can't let that offense get rolling, and we can't let them get an early lead, allowing them to grind it out.

Key play of the game. Inspired defense forces a turnover, most likely an interception, for a TD.

Bold prediction. - Perine rushes for 105 and 2 TDs.

Off the wall prediction - Ryan Anderson has a rushing TD.

Saints will run for 200+ yards & Brees will throw for fewer yards than they run for. Game is effectively over by halftime as the Aint's have a 20 point lead.

Bright spot for Washington - Byron Marshall shows he can get tuff short yardage (ie no more CT on 4th & 1), scores a TD & converts a 4th down. Catches everything thrown to him albeit only 3 targets.

Defense shows up this week in the face of adversity. Struggles against the run, but shuts Brees down in the air. Multiple picks.

Offense keeps going as it has lately. Final score is close again but this time the Skins with another shocking win. 27-24

Lots of pretty accurate predictions against the Saints - except for the final outcome.

Let's get some 'Keys to the Game' in today. Someone's got to win :)

My prediction. Kirk Cousins has a career day. Nearly 400 yards passing and 3 TDs. Game is over at halftime.

#SeeTheKey

Having almost nothing to play for...

We blitz the shit out of Manning resulting in two interceptions and four sacks, one being a strip and recovery.

Special teams nails 3 fg's and we get our 1st punt return for td. Defense bails Eli out of his funk, because that's what they do. Perine gets 100 again with 2 scores, along with Kirk to Sprinkle for a td.

Skins 38
Gnats 34

BOOK IT!!!!

Gnats are horrendous on both sides of the ball & Washington shows NY is who we thought they are. Washington's D is close to, if not the, worst against TE's. Pretty much Eli's only receiving threat is Engram who'll get 100 yd's and 1 TD. Also Skins will give 100 yards on the ground but hold backs out of the endzone.

NY gives up 350 passing yards/ 4 TD's/ 0 Int's plus 15o yds and 2 TDs to RB's. Bold prediction - Davis gets a TD. He's had some chances but has only hauled in 1 so far back in Week 3.

Washington 45 - NYG 10.

Just saw the inactive report.

2 TDs for Kirk & 75 yards rushing with 1 TD by the backs.
Update: Washington 24 - NYG 17

Inactives:

Terrell McClain DT Inactive
Montae Nicholson SS Inactive
Jordan Reed TE Inactive
Caraun Reid DT Inactive
Chase Roullier C Inactive
Martrell Spaight ILB Inactive
Trent Williams OT Inactive

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.