• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2017 Keys to the Game Contest

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
keystothegame.png

Last season @Docsandy made a generous donation of some classic items to BGO. Thanks so much Sandy!

One of the items donated was a Redskins keyring collection, many of them are one of a kind collected during the glory days of the first Gibbs era.

That gift sparked in my little brain an idea for a new weekly contest, which we're cleverly calling 'Keys to the Game'.

To play, all you have to do is post in this thread. Each week, before kickoff, let BGO know what you think the key play, player, or moment that will turn out to be the 'turning point' or 'deciding factor' in the game will be. Remember that others may have similar ideas, so be as specific as you can. Give us the WHAT, the WHO, and the WHEN. You don't have to assume the Redskins win to make your guess - you can base it on an opponent's performance.

Do not describe the entire game or post a littany of things that could happen. The winning entry will be the member who makes a concise, clear prediction of a key play, player, or moment that turns the tide of the game.

For example, 'Late in the 4th quarter, with the Skins holding a slim 3 point lead and Pittsburgh driving for the winning score, Breeland intercepts a tipped Roethlisberger pass to seal the win'. You could also predict a specific player's performance such as 'The key to the game will be a record 5 sack performance by Ryan Kerrigan, one of which results in a fumble returned for a TD'.

The BGO member who, in staff's estimation, nails it or comes closest to predicting the 'key to the game' will receive a vintage Redskins keyring in the mail the next week.

Get predicting! :cheers:

PS - if you were a 2016 winner, and have not done so, please contact @Om via PM and give him your mailing address so we can settle up!

Sad sad sad people.

Let's get it going here. @Knightingale

Down six with just under four minutes to go Cousins leads an organized and efficient time-consuming drive featuring a lot of CT25 and culminating in a fade route for a TD to Pryor.

I'd say you have a good chance here Chris :)

Skins have a 2 point lead, 23-21, in the final 2 minutes. Rams driving for their final chance at a winning score.
On 4th down at about the Redskins 45, Goff drops back, and is sacked by Gallette, sealing the victory.

Washington takes a 7 point lead into the 4th qtr. While they don't score again the D holds LA to just 2 FGs in the 4th and eek out a 24-23 win.

Bashaud Breeland INT at the end of the 3rd quarter provide enough cushion to seal the deal. Good guys win.

Kirk has a better game but not fantastic. Jay calls more runs within the red zone taking Kirks int threat away. Scores are Perine x 2 and 1 to Crowder. Hopkins nails 35 & 41 yarders for a 27-21 win.

Jonathan Allen gets a sack-fumble recovery in the 3rd. Book it!!!

Last edited:
Strip sack/fumble return for a touchdown in the 4th seals the deal.

Redskins Win!!!

Skins win 27-21.

Kirk hits form and Pryor has his break out with 2 TD's, one of them a bomb. He ends the game with 130 yards receiving and 2 TD's.

Sad sad sad people.

Let's get it going here. @Knightingale

Hehe, sorry was late getting to the thread as been away for work all week and then out all day yesterday car hunting.

But have posted and tried to keep it succinct and to the point. :D

Wifey and I are now actually putting real money on the game tonight so they'd better win!!!! LOL

The combination of McVay's knowledge of the Reskin's offense, continued poor performance by the offensive line, and a critical fumble by Kelley result in a Rams lead at the half. Gruden tries to shake things up by putting in Samaje Perine in the 2nd half and it pays off when he breaks a long run for 43 yards and a TD.

Kirk has a better game but not fantastic. Jay calls more runs within the red zone taking Kirks int threat away. Scores are Perine x 2 and 1 to Crowder. Hopkins nails 35 & 41 yarders for a 27-21 win.

Jonathan Allen gets a sack-fumble recovery in the 3rd. Book it!!!

I'm going to give Win4us the win this week. Kirk was definitely better (but not fantastic). Jay called more runs. It was Chris Thompson who scored two TDs, not Perrine, and Grant not Crowder with the receiving TD, but very close. And Hopkins did indeed nail two short FGs. Missed final score by 1 point.

Congrats Win4us :cheers:

PM @Om with your full name and mailing address (if you want to request a specific keyring from the banner image, that's fine - if it's still available it's yours).

One word of caution for @Win4us and others - keep your 'key to the game' brief and very specific. Most times, list 4 or 5 items is either going to eliminate you from consideration (because you're bound to be *right* when you put a bunch of different things in your prediction), or you'll just flat out be wrong. This week, Win4us was so close it worked out. Most times - it won't. Remember - we don't want a narrative of the game. Just give us the key play, happening, or player that turns the game in one team's favor!

Let's get some Keys to this Sunday night's clash with the Raiders. Here's mine.

Derek Carr gets flattened and knocked out of the game by Ryan Kerrigan in the 2nd quarter and the Redskins D picks off backup EJ Manuel 3 times in the 2nd half. Good guys win.

Cousins to Crowder 40+ yard TD with less than 5 min left in game.

Hate to channel my inner cynic, but ... I don't see this going that well Sunday.

Carr's ability to avoid the rush and make schoolyard plays is the difference. He eludes Skins pass rushers and connects on two broken-play TD passes--one deep, one from the red zone--and we wake up Monday 1-2.

:peep:

It's a nail biter, Gruden gives up on the run at halftime, Kirk is forced to air it out in the 2nd half, Kirk goes for 330 yards and 3 td's, Skins win a close one at 27-24.

The most surprising, "where the hell has THAT been" key to the game.................

Josh Doctson's 1st NFL touchdown.

On

a

fade!

Hate to channel my inner cynic, but ... I don't see this going that well Sunday.

Carr's ability to avoid the rush and make schoolyard plays is the difference. He eludes Skins pass rushers and connects on two broken-play TD passes--one deep, one from the red zone--and we wake up Monday 1-2.

:peep:

Except that Carr is knocked out of the game early 2nd quarter :) And the Skins pick off EJ Manuel 3 times in the 2nd half.

Gimme some more keys people. I gots to know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.